The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol well, he doesnt have to talk in the webisodes if he doesnt want to. I'm more than happy with just seeing stuff :oldrazz:

He'll talk. He actually is a huge fan of behind the scene stuff. He said so in the STID Blu-Ray. Unlike Nolan he thinks it's great of those that have a passion in film to see the curtain lifted. I think he's very much for that type of stuff. His extras on his other films have actually been pretty good.

Thank heavens. The last thing i want is having to deal with another Nolan... cheap bastard! :cmad: :csad:

And JJ is aware of his faults:
I think one of the big problems with trying to keep Cumberbatch's role a secret was that it was the worst-kept secret in Hollywood. Cumberbatch was the third choice for that role. The first two were Benicio del Toro and Edgar Ramirez, both of whom are Mexican actors, just like Ricardo Montalban was. It was obvious that Khan was going to be the villain a year before the movie came out, so the secrecy was pointless.

when do you think we'll get the title at least?

Not anytime soon. The titles for the prequels were revealed around a year before the films came out so the last quarter of this year probably. Comic-Con if we are very very fortunate.

I think one of the big problems with trying to keep Cumberbatch's role a secret was that it was the worst-kept secret in Hollywood. Cumberbatch was the third choice for that role. The first two were Benicio del Toro and Edgar Ramirez, both of whom are Mexican actors, just like Ricardo Montalban was. It was obvious that Khan was going to be the villain a year before the movie came out, so the secrecy was pointless.

COUGH….Del Toro is Puerto Rican and Ramirez is Venezuelan! :o:o

I posted this a couple of weeks ago when this question came up. It may serve as a guideline to when we can expect a title, but with the new management at Lucasfilm, you never know:

"The title of Episode I was revealed via the Star Wars website on September 25, 1998. The film was released on May 19, 1999.

The title of Episode II was revealed on August 7, 2001, again using the Star Wars website. The film was released on May 16, 2002.

Finally, the title of Episode III was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con on July 24, 2004 via a video (which is available on youtube). The film was released on May 19, 2005.

So, if they stick to Lucasfilm's recent history with the prequels, they would announce the title 8 to 10 months before the film's release, which would be anywhere from late February through April of 2015.

I don't think we'll have to wait that long. But, seeing as how they'll be having the next Star Wars Celebration in April 2015, I suppose anything is possible. (Although I'd certainly hope that those attending would get much more than a title...a teaser trailer at the least!)"

It's really hard to say. Since the PT it's been 10 years, lots of marketing tactics have changed. Also a whole new team etc. I think also this being the first SW in quite a while kinda like Episode I will really want to get it's name out there.

JJ has twice before released teasers way over a year prior to the release dates, so he very well could do the same here. I think at earliest we could get a "teaser" trailer probably one with footage made just for that, in December this year. Maybe one that was rumored that had Luke in it. For 100% I'm sure they will show footage at Celebration, but the question is will we get to see it? Probably not. But it's guaranteed to have a trailer on Avengers, that really goes with out question.

But with the title it's hard to tell. To set it self out there and get buzz going, they could do it as early as...the next few months. A higher possibility at ComicCon this year because I have a feeling they will give SDCC something. Even if it is just screenshots, or concept art. But at the latest I'd say ya probably again around November/December this year that we would get the title.

man, it would seem like forever if we had to wait until late this year to learn the title.....lol.

man, it would seem like forever if we had to wait until late this year to learn the title.....lol.

Well it would be in scope of what LFL has done before, release the title around a year prior to the film coming out. But we have no idea how they will do it now. I mean back with the OT, Revenge of the Jedi was announced by Lucas in a magazine as the title for Episode VI in 79, 4 years prior to the films release.

The film is two years away, folks. Might as well settle in and be patient, because we got a long ways to go.

I'm planning to read Star Wars EU to pass the time. I've never read anything set post ROTJ so I got plenty to catch up on.

Last edited:
I just need Rebels already. :argh:

The film is two years away, folks. Might as well settle in and be patient, because we got a long ways to go.

I'm planning to read Star Wars EU to pass the time. I've never read anything set post ROTJ so I got plenty to catch up on.

Until its all deleted, in which case it was time well wasted. Seriously, I've read a fair amount of EU, but since they've talked reorganizing the canon, I'm probably not gonna bother until they say what stays and what goes.

Until its all deleted, in which case it was time well wasted. Seriously, I've read a fair amount of EU, but since they've talked reorganizing the canon, I'm probably not gonna bother until they say what stays and what goes.

Ah, don't look at it like that. A good story will always be a good story and a good story is always worth reading regardless of what the canon kings say at Disney. There's been too many good stories set in that universe to ignore just because some nerds got employeed by Disney to say what is canon and what isn't. As far as the films are concerned and in the interest of the script writers they can have their say, but as far as I care and literature is concerned the EU as it is will always exist in a parallel star wars universe. They will never make me think other wise. So I'm gonna carry on reading good stories set in my favorite universe.:)

But I like to read...a lot. I don't really get too hung up on canon especially cross-media-canon. Books are books and movies are movies and the one should never directly influence the other. In the films one thing might happen and in the books another. It opens up more possibilities and doesn't tie anyone's hands. Worrying about maintaining a singular canon for all the types of media is a bit too anal retentive for my liking now that I've thought about it.

Last edited:
That's the way to look at it. A good story is a good story. There are some good EU stories in there. And some really bad ones too. But there are a handful that are really worth checking out.

I just need Rebels already. :argh:
I hear ya :csad:. That show will at least keep me entertained and give me my SW fix until info from episode 7 starts flowing.

They should just rebrand everything not canon as Infinities cuz you know that stuff is going to stay in print.

They should just rebrand everything not canon as Infinities cuz you know that stuff is going to stay in print.

Will it tho? Ive been growing concerned that Disney will stop print of non canon material. Not that it will matter. Someone will upload them in ebook format eventually if Disney were to dobthat...which is a great reason for them not to do that i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"