The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is crazy awesome news! It's also great to have a whole section dedicated to everything Star Wars. Thanks mods :up: :woot:

I wouldn't be surprised now if we got some info, even if it's a tiny bit of info by the end of the year or at least the beginning of next year.

I never thought I'd really get to see an actual new SW movie, so this news is great. I'm super excited about the possibilities for this.

I'm not saying anything.

Last time I got hyped I ended up with Phantom Menace.

My expectations are so low, anything halfway decent will be a pleasant surprise.

That's fine but to me they are high for the reason Lucas is not controlling it anymore. That they can get really talented writers/directors on board, and you know they will.

So many AAA people in Hollywood would kill to create a Star Wars film, and they have never been given the chance because Lucas wanted to do them. So now, you know they can really get some great talent.

I'm actually really stoked for it.

Link?

And again Lucas said they have these at their disposal. Not that they have to use it.

I'll have to look for it but here another exec at Disney says the same thing

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-coming-2015-lucas-hands-205350873.html
"Disney Chief Financial Officer Jay Rasulo said in a conference call that the company has a "very lengthy treatment" in hand to begin the development proces for the start of the new trilogy -- one that will likely be in 3-D."

Interesting, but that still does not mean they will use all of it, piece by piece. Treatments are simply that. Ideas jotted down in rough narrative form. Most are not more then 40 pages long if that. So honestly, they can easily be shifted.

EDIT: I figure 3D is almost always with big films anymore. I will still see it in 2D lol.

Interesting, but that still does not mean they will use all of it, piece by piece. Treatments are simply that. Ideas jotted down in rough narrative form. Most are not more then 40 pages long if that. So honestly, they can easily be shifted.

EDIT: I figure 3D is almost always with big films anymore. I will still see it in 2D lol.

they will more than likely use it as a starting point

What GL plans to do in retirement:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lucas-next-act-bill-384572

Oh I'm sure, but still like Lucas said they have everything in the universe at their disposal. So they will use it for a jumping off point, but I'm sure tons will change. They always do with most treatments.

So many possibilities, as Happy Jack said the sky is the limit now.

The Hype has a Star Wars section now! Never thought I'd see the day. :up:

Very interested in seeing who they get on board to write Episode 7. I think it would be cool if they got Lawrence Kasdan on to co-write.

Joss Whedon needs to get involved in this. If not episode 7 then at least episode 8.

No not Joss, his type of humor and wit though great in other films, would not work for Star Wars.

Get Alfonso Cuarón, Duncan Jones, Brad Bird or Neil Blomkamp. They could really do wonders with it.

Get Alfonso Cuarón, Duncan Jones, Brad Bird or Neil Blomkamp. They could really do wonders with it.

With the exception of Brad Bird, I get so tired of hearing these directors names thrown around for every possible film coming out for just about every franchise. :p

Bit of a exaggeration I know.

With the exception of Brad Bird, I get so tired of hearing these directors names thrown around for every possible film coming out for just about every franchise. :p

Bit of a exaggeration I know.

Ya but this is Star Wars, get the best of the best. I'm sure there are other choices as well, but this is a small list of the cream of the crop that could do such a thing.

Sorry they are good at their craft lol. That's what we want for Star Wars. And it may be someone we have not thought of yet though.

So do you guys think that they should have one director film the entire sequel trilogy or that they should have three different directors do so?

So do you guys think that they should have one director film the entire sequel trilogy or that they should have three different directors do so?
I think they should have one writer (or writing team) for the entire trilogy for the sake of cohesion, but with directors, I'd be happy either way. But I do think they should make a concerted effort make all 3 installments fit together as one cohesive story. So one director might be the smartest way to go for that, but with the tight back-to-back filming schedule it sounds like they have planned, that doesn't seem likely.

After this trilogy, I think it would be kinda cool if they went the Mission: Impossible route and did some more stand-alone installments (Old Republic stories, expanded universe, whatever), letting individual filmmakers put their own distinct stamps on the universe. And if one of those resonates particularly well with audiences, they could start a new saga featuring those characters.

Last edited:
No not Joss, his type of humor and wit though great in other films, would not work for Star Wars.

I like those choices. Since it appears we'll be getting a Star Wars movie frequently after 2015, they all have the potential.

I'm still so giddy about this. Star Wars could potentially become the next Bond, going on for 50 years, with 20 plus films. Crazy.

This is the best news Ever.....i´m crying like a little Baby....Star Wars will go on Forever..

Good if that's true.

Our time with Luke and friends has passed. Let that legacy live on in spirit, let the new generation of kids have a new story!

There's a part of me who thinks maybe this new trilogy should move on from the Skywalkers. It's a big universe after all.

Still cant believe this is actually happening. Its almost like ive stepped into an alternate universe.

I mean yesterday it was "This is Lucas world and he says what happens in it." Now it is "Its anyone's sandbox to play in." I mean the star wars universe and its possibilities just expanded like the universe after the big bang.

I did make a wish on a shooting star the other night... haha

Do you guys think that it's within the realm of possibilities that the Force and Jedi Knights won't be featured within the new trilogy like how the newest Game for the franchise has it?

This is surreal. And a Lucasless Star Wars movie event is not something I can really get excited for, but I'm stoked nevertheless.

I'm also apprehensive of the 2015-17-19 plan for the ST. But hey, you never know.

I'm glad Whedon's not gonna even touch this. SO damn glad. There are far more talented directors outt here who can do great SW stuff.

Let us hope Episodes VII, VIII and IX are not the 'more interesting part' of the story and Episodes X, XI and XII the prequels to that story.

I don't think they're gonna plan that far ahead, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"