General Zod confirmed as the villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of Zod.

By the time this movie comes out it will be about 35 years since Zod was last on screen.

Is he like in Smallville a lot or something? I don't really watch any TV shows, so I'm ignorant here.

Lex Luthor I'm fine with. He's an essential part of the Superman mythos. But the COMBINATION of Lex Luthor and Zod again is what is worrying me again.

Superman - Lex Luthor has a crazy real estate scheme involving wiping out a large chunk of America.

Superman II - General Zod is the main villain, Lex Luthor does sneaky stuff in the background.

Fast forward a couple of decades....

Superman Returns - Lex Luthor has a crazy real estate scheme involving wiping out a large chunk of America.

The Man of Steel - General Zod is the main villain, Lex Luthor does sneaky stuff in the background.

I know but it's time for another villain to have the spotlight. :o

If this is true, it makes me laugh.

I thought the whole point of this reboot was to give us a brand new take on Superman...? Here they are repeating a villain... shouldn't it be Brainiac or Bizarro or something? Dammit.

Good thing I really like the Zod character!,I agree with others in hoping he ain't the main one though.

Last edited:
You know that Nolan seems to hates super villains in comic book movies,watch him make Zod ambiguous like,if he's too super villainy of course. :whatever:

Compared to Batman Begins I can see this:

Ra's Al Ghul: Brainiac
Scarecrow: General Zod
Carmine Falcone: Lex Luthor

Nolan likes to put multiple villains in his Batman films

I agree!

With a name like Man of Steel...why not make Metallo as the villian. I thought Superman secret origins had a cool origin story mixed with Metallo and Lex...with some Parasite too.

I love General Zod.

Bring him on. He'd be a welcome oasis from Lex Luthor, too.

brainiac and/or metallo would have been more exciting news, but i a rad zod film would be extremely entertaining.

As long as he isn't the only villain. Honestly, I don't like the old superman movies, so I'd like to see a different take on zod.

Zod is one of the better villains, IMO. Atleast in the sense that he can stand on his own, unlike characters such as Parasite, Metallo, and Bizarro. Those three are treated more like superpowered thugs and would provide a good fight scene and some action, sure, but what beyond that? What would they do besides kill and destroy once they're unleashed? They'd need to be backed by someone like Lex in order to give the movie some depth, and I know how much people are against another Lex movie.

Parasite has a lot of good potential he not only can steal Superman's strength but his thoughts as well. His first episode was one of the best episodes of the animated series... he started out as this weakling and he slowly became more power hungry and evil. I think he's a fascinating character and could be a great villain.

Bizarro would be fun too because he has that whole Frankenstein thing going for him. Also I'm okay with Luthor, just as long as he's a mad scientist.

But yeah Zod would be OK if combined with Brainiac

Zodiac? Nah, that's been done.

Zod is a fantastic villain who has rarely been used properly. He has yet to reach his full potential. On film, TV, or in the comics.

Why the hell wouldn't people want a superpowered despot on film? If they're not going to use Darkseid, they might as well use Zod.

There's an amazing villain waiting behind the basics. I hope someone figures that out

this doesnt make sense to me, but again, until proven otherwise, i trust nolan and co

I'm hoping that Zod will be the physical threat, while Braniac will be the cerebral threat.

If we get a physically imposing Zod, like Gerard Butler, I might get more excited.

Zod in Superman II always looked too gaunt and thin... like Grand Moff Tarkin or something.

I just want awesome fight scenes like there were in the DCU Online trailer.

blah.... seriously? can we PLEASE friggin get a superman movie with one of his MANY foes that arn't ZOD and souley Lex (lex should always be there, and present, but doesn't always have to be the focus.

i'd seriously love for metallo, darksied, bizarro, brainiac, doomsday, etc.... i want to see a new villain that's not been on the screen for once

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

REALLY not happy about General Zod being the villain again. I was really hoping for a Braniac/Metallo/Luthor movie. But nooooo.

Nolan, please at least give me back Routh as Superman. At least give me that.

Showtime if you can and if you know,is Brainiac still going to be in the movie?

By the time this movie comes out it will be about 35 years since Zod was last on screen.

Is he like in Smallville a lot or something? I don't really watch any TV shows, so I'm ignorant here.

Smallville shouldn't count at all. The horrible writing on the series makes Superman Returns look like an amazing film. Plus, SV had terrible versions of Zod, and I said versions because we had a phantom named General Zod from the phantom zone who took over Lex, and then we had a young, cloned version of Zod, this time Major Zod, who led Kandorians around Metropolis only for them to turn to Clark's side and the whole season ended up concluding to a worthless two minute fight between the weak Zod carrying a blue kryptonite knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"