General Zod confirmed as the villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is one antagonist as opposed to THE antagonist, then fine. I want a combo of Luthor/Zod/Brianiac if they're going to go this route.

Honestly, they can do whoever they want for the villain. So long as they punch Superman directly in the face, sending him down 50 city blocks.

I'm not buying Zod as the main villain. He'll most likely be one of several, ie, Lex, Brainiac, Zod.

nice. way better than luthor (again). now all we need is inspired casting!

i think people are thinking about this zod thing in the wrong way. if you remember in batman begins, it was mixed with past and present type story. it was almost like a prequel, first film in one. i think i read some time before that the reboot is going to have a ton of krypton in it. so i think they're going to show the struggle that jorel had with zod and the ultimate destruction of krypton. it will probably mirror some struggle that superman is facing in the present. or it will show how zod created brainiac and that led to the eventual destruction of krypton. it will show how jorel struggled with the council and that led to him sending superman to earth. but while superman was being sent, you also see how brainiac is still around. so it will either have brainiac in the movie or set him up for the sequel. that's how i see it panning out.

For those that think Superman has to fight a "public recognized foe", can I remind everyone that other than 4 of Batman's foes(joker, riddler, catwoman, and penguin) and maybe lex luthor EVERY other comic baddie is known only to fans and comic readers(including magneto, two-face, green goblin, etc). Most of these villains aren't known till they get IN a movie. Fact.

Just cause there's an action figure or a cartoon, doesn't mean regular joes know them.

If he is one antagonist as opposed to THE antagonist, then fine. I want a combo of Luthor/Zod/Brianiac if they're going to go this route.

This, i wouldn't mind Metallo either.

I'm retro like that.:cwink:

Man, I watched that VHS around 1000 times as a little kid (not kidding either...it was like a babysitter). I still wish the DVD and Blu-ray came with the Diet Coke and Bugs/Daffy catalog commercials right before the movie starts. Makes me sad I have to look them up on YouTube now. :csad: :oldrazz:

hmm... Zod?

Zod.jpg

gerard-butler.png

I agree with the basic assessment that the MOS will use BB as a template. I do think that the Brainiac part will be very much in the shadows possibly setting him up for the next film. I think Zod and Superman will represent two very different world views. Zod represents very clearly fascism and control and Superman represents very clearly hope and individualism and altruism. Lex is greed. Brainiac is apathy, fear and avarice. I think, maybe more hope, that this will be direct discussion on the dual nature of human nature. Zod I think is perfect to explain why Superman is who he is. They juxtapose each other just so perfectly. Both with equal ability only Superman's great strength is his humanity, Zod's his lack of humanity.

Butler for Zod is a must!

I'm sure there are other fine candidates but he would own the part.

Seeing that Nolan likes using the same actors what about Tom Hardy as Zod?
And seperate of that anyone think Josh Brolin would be a good Luthor?

Gerard Butler would make a great Zod. And I really want Ralph Fiennes as Brainiac. Still can't make up my mind for Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"