George Miller says Justice League not affected by strike

Transformers made a crapload of money. I don't see why JL won't. Superman and Batman in live action together, for the first time. Ever. People will flock to this, even if it's just out of curiosity.

Not negative man, just realistic. :up:

Relying on the JL name alone won't guarantee massive $$$, WB made that mistake with Superman Returns, they were expecting Spiderman numbers, they didn't get within cooee of that.

Of course there's no guarantees, but it can't hurt.

Oh ****, you're from Sydney. That explains everything.

Transformers made a crapload of money. I don't see why JL won't. Superman and Batman in live action together, for the first time. Ever. People will flock to this, even if it's just out of curiosity.
didnt people say the exact same things for the new superman movie in 2006?
lets face it. we dont know how it will look and we dont know how much and what type of action there will be.

lets be honest here......who thought that WB would spend 200 milions a a superman movie without action and a superfight?
who really thought of that?

isnt this the same studio that is now risking a lot of money on a extreme bright kiddy SPEED RACER movie? and why? because they think that because hte directors of the matrix trilogy are directing that everyone will see it. even the old people because they like G rated bright flinstones type movie.:o

ohhh sorry. here it is different. this is George miller right? i forgot it. months ago he was the main argumetn why this movie will be good. from what i have been reading he is casting pathetic actors. :hehe:

Didn't that $200 million also include the money they put into Burton/Cage's movie?

It's also the same studio that did Batman Begins and Harry Potter. What's your point?

Read above. I said there are no guarantees, which is obvious.

As for the cast. The only ones that look like they're actually going to be in the movie are Adam Brody, Teresa Palmer and Common. None of them are crappy actors at all, imo.

You don't have to be a dick.

Yea and whole knows if the young actors were miller's idea or if it was the studio's idea to do.

Not negative man, just realistic. :up:

Relying on the JL name alone won't guarantee massive $$$, WB made that mistake with Superman Returns, they were expecting Spiderman numbers, they didn't get within cooee of that.

Well, SR wasn't a very good movie. It had the critics' support but when it comes to summer blockbusters, you're almost better off NOT having the critics behind you (Pirates, Spidey sequels, Shrek sequels, Austin Powers, Transformers, the list goes on). SR was -- to fans and the masses -- generally NOT the movie we wanted. Too dark, too dramatic for Supes -- not that we don't want that but Superman films (at least the first 2 Reeve movies) seem to shine when they're a little lighter -- after all, Supes is the polar opposite of Gotham's Dark Knight.

So, anyways, all I mean to say is that SR wasn't a good film, and that's why it didn't really grab the numbers. Spidey 1 was a far different tone of a movie than SR -- and I think that mattered a lot. I presume this had something to do with the orig. writers on SR being taken off the project.

So JL CAN deliver the big figures; in fact, I'm almost sure it will. WB has a director that will prob. fill it to the brim with action -- and that's what summer masses want. If it fails on the critics but delivers major action, it'll do very well.

It depends on the casting for me. You can have all kinds of action in it but if the casting is off, it wont matter.
Of course the opposite can be said as well, good casting but not enough action. Lets hope they find the right balance of both.

Well, SR wasn't a very good movie. It had the critics' support but when it comes to summer blockbusters, you're almost better off NOT having the critics behind you (Pirates, Spidey sequels, Shrek sequels, Austin Powers, Transformers, the list goes on). SR was -- to fans and the masses -- generally NOT the movie we wanted. Too dark, too dramatic for Supes -- not that we don't want that but Superman films (at least the first 2 Reeve movies) seem to shine when they're a little lighter -- after all, Supes is the polar opposite of Gotham's Dark Knight.

So, anyways, all I mean to say is that SR wasn't a good film, and that's why it didn't really grab the numbers. Spidey 1 was a far different tone of a movie than SR -- and I think that mattered a lot. I presume this had something to do with the orig. writers on SR being taken off the project.

So JL CAN deliver the big figures; in fact, I'm almost sure it will. WB has a director that will prob. fill it to the brim with action -- and that's what summer masses want. If it fails on the critics but delivers major action, it'll do very well.

It can also flop. Nothing is certain in this world, especially in the film industry where a large percentage of movies don't make money. It's fine for everyone to assume it's gonna make mega dollars but it's not always the case. That's why I used the Superman Returns example, people we're expecting massive numbers and it didn't happen, Justice League is beginning to sound the same, people expect because it's the Justice League, that the name alone will automatically equal big dollars.

*rolls eyes*

Guys, let's not change the subject. Let's just focus on back to speculating when Miller is going to announce the cast.

Most likely as others think probably early jan when the new guy comes in as WB president and reveals their plans for the next yr or so.

Under a new name? I assume that means just Justice League and not Justice League of America. Or maybe it will have a subtitle?

Well, that's some piece of mind. New name, huh? "Superfriends" maybe lol.

Probably just Justice League. Seems like a weird thing to say in the article, though.

Justice League of Australia.

They'd all just get drunk and watch Aussie Rules footy.

This entry is from Clint Morris. American Heroes. Don't take it seriously.

:funny:

It's that new of a title?!
Date : December 11, 2007 Writer : Clint Morris

I'm hoping this was someone cracking a joke, I really am.

A friend of mine, fellow reporter, was at Fox Studios today on business and... well, here's the email I just recieved from him :

Just read your piece on the JLA title change and it reminded me of something.

Take it with a big grain of salt but I was speaking to someone on the Fox lot today and they referred to the JLA movie as “American Heroes”.

Sounds ever gayer and more US centric but there you go. Could be something or nothing.

Surely they wouldn't do that would they? Nah, this has to be a gag... or maybe "American Heroes" is the amusing nickname cast and crew members are giving "Justice League"? . Please tell me I'm right?!

Having said that, the "Justice League" series was released as "American Heroes" at one time (Foreign markets I believe?)... so this could be spot-on. see below..

In the worst case scenario imo the movie has a shooting name a la Rory first kiss :cwink: :huh: :woot:

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071211_its_that_new_of_a_title.html

Someone is clearly trying to spread negative hype around this movie. There are so many absurd rumors going around. I need to just ignore internet until something official is out.

:funny:

JUSTICE LEAGUE Retitled?? It May Now be Called...

Merrick here...

A reader named Pat sent in this message. I've sent Pat a follow-up e-mail in an effort to find out more about Bale's appearance. There's a station called Nova in Australia. Given that Miller will be shooting his JL project there, my guess is THIS is where the news came from. We'll update appropriately as further details are gleaned.

Here's Pat's message:

Last week at the AFI's George Miller mentioned that JUSTICE LEAGUE will have a new title soon.

We may have it already.

Christian Bale was on Nova (FM) today in an interview (pre-recorded I assume) for "Yuma" and said he has "nothing to do with AMERICAN HEROES, and their Batman will be different to our Batman".

There you have it!

AMERICAN HEROES. Sounds like a branding on Cartoon Network...or some sort of reality show?

More on this is more comes in!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35023

I actually laughed out loud. Why would they do that?

If there is a Superman sequel. They should call it Flying Hero.

American Heroes
The Dark Knight
The Man of Steel
The Fastest Man Alive

A pattern is forming!?

Why would they do that showtime?

that's a good question ... i can't believe it .

there are no logical reasons to do that . Not only it sound ridiculous imo but in some country, given the current political climate this title will be ridiculed and tagged as poor propaganda..

American Heroes
The Dark Knight
The Man of Steel
The Fastest Man Alive

A pattern is forming!?

Haha. But at least the movies above had preceding movies with the title being the name of the character. There has yet to be a movie titled Justice League so no reason to go with an alternative name yet.

Doesn't matter anyway, this is just more of the bs rumorville surrounding this movie anyway.

Why would they do that showtime?

that's a good question ... i can't believe it .

there are no logical reasons to do that . Not only it sound ridiculous imo but in some country, given the current political climate this title will be ridiculed and tagged as poor propaganda..

No way in hell "American Heroes" will be the official title. They didn't even say "American way" in Superman Returns! :wow:

"Australian Heroes" on the other hand... :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"