George W Bush uses "The Google"

Duende Verde

Superhero
Reaction score
061024blogma_bushmail.jpg

President Bush's "the Google" gaffe
In every election season, politicians start dropping Internet references in the hopes of demonstrating their techno cred - and the Internet crowd inevitably groans.

Here's the latest gaffe: President George Bush's reference to "the Google" - yes, complete with definite article - as a search engine he uses to pull up maps. We at The Browser aren't sure if this is good or bad for Google: Will the cool kids start calling the world's favorite search engine "the Google". Will Democrats start avoiding Google Maps?​

http://money.cnn.com/blogs/browser/2006/10/president-bushs-google-gaffe.html

http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-6128904.html

Urrgghh, dude, A Lost forum??!!!

Hell No!!!!!!!

Bond/Transformers/Turtles is bad enuf!

This is 'SUPERHERO'hype get it?

Sheesh!

wouldn't it be awesome (but not suprisingly) if muscles were W?

I saw him talking about using Google Earth but he didn't know that that's what it was called. He said he liked looking at his ranch with it. I thought it was kinda funny but that's about it.:yay:

I can see him using Google Earth now - "OH, so THAT'S where Iraq is!"

Add that to "The internets"

not gonna lie, ever since "the internets" quote, thats what i've been calling it...it just started happening unconsciously.

haha... I've been calling it "the internets" too. and how he exchanges "internets" for "e-mail" ... like "my staff will send me internets all the time, and the internets don't arrive until hours or days later!" I like how, in theory, that sentence makes absolutely no sense grammatically, but if you use "internets" as "e-mails", it's perfectly correct.

the whole tubes thing cracks me up, just cause instead of wires I picture underground being a huge network of tubes for sending messenger cartons, like in the drive-thru at the bank or in The Shadow movie.

Im happy he even knows what google is, I thought he might have lost that info in this series of tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"