The Winter Soldier Georges St-Pierre is Batroc the Leaper

I think it's cool how Batroc got a sense that something was coming for him and moved out of the way just before Cap's shield came hurling through the window. Showed me that he had some acute senses.

Considering he's not an actor, I thought he was pretty damn good in even his non-action scenes (as few and quick as they were).

GSP is one fella were you could always tell he'd be somewhat decent at this stuff and his charisma has always been there.

Getting a good performance from a non-actor means the director, the casting director and/or the writers did their jobs (and of course Mr. St. Pierre deserves some credit for exceeding expectations). I generally prefer seasoned actors for even the most action-intensive roles, but there are exceptions.

Sometimes, even the most unlikeliest of folks may have latent acting ability. Let's not forget that even the greatest of actors were most likely in other professions beforehand. So what if they were a sportsperson, a janitor, an undertaker, a carpenter. What matters is the individual. If the powers that be see that the individual perhaps has what it takes - why not? That's my humble take on it, anyways.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a tremendous actor. This role was very suited for him, and he did great.

I hope they use him more in the future, and I'd like to see them incorporate his peculiar friendly enemies dynamic with Cap. Though movie Batroc is much more ruthless than comics Batroc.

Come to think of it, why would Fury hire someone known for inflicting maximum casualties to hijack a ship of his own people when all he wanted was a distraction.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a tremendous actor. This role was very suited for him, and he did great.

I hope they use him more in the future, and I'd like to see them incorporate his peculiar friendly enemies dynamic with Cap. Though movie Batroc is much more ruthless than comics Batroc.

Come to think of it, why would Fury hire someone known for inflicting maximum casualties to hijack a ship of his own people when all he wanted was a distraction.

Fury hired Batroc to hijack the ship, but he also sent Captain America to rescue the hostages. So while he sent a ruthless mercenary after a SHIELD ship he also sent the greatest soldier of all time to get the people out safely. He knew there wouldn't be casualties with the Super Soldier in charge. Fury also suspected that the SHIELD personnel on the Lemurian Star were loyal to HYDRA, so he might not have been too concerned about their safety. Hmm....

When it comes to Batroc's ruthlessness, remember that he would not authorize his crew's demands to start killing the SHIELD team. The other mercs were getting angry and antsy because they wanted to start shooting people but Batroc wouldn't let them. Either he was following orders from Fury not to kill anyone or he had some personal compunction about killing helpless hostages. Maybe we'll find out more about his code if/when he appears again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"