Georges St-Pierre is Batroc the Leaper

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Mr. Dent, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ThePowerCosmic

No. Too stereotypical and cartoonish.

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

He was dubbed over before in a movie where he was PLAYING HIMSELF.

They might just have him speak a couple phrases in French though, so it might not even matter.

3. ThePowerCosmic

One movie does not carry over to the next when they are not connected. And it is also possible that his English wasn't as good then as it is now. But like I said, I'll wait until some footage of him as Batroc comes out and then come back to this with you. Debating over it now won't achieve anything.

4. VulcanVader

VulcanVader Well-Known Member

Since it looks like he is gonna be playing a very short part, I think it will be just a henchman for Black Widow to kick his ass, anyone?

You know, just a kicking fighter looks like too little for Cap, but it fits for Widow.

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Batroc is the route Marvel should've taken with Whiplash in Iron Man 2 instead of turning him into the main villain combined with Crimson Dynamo. Mickey Rourke should've just been the Dynamo, and Whiplash should've just been a henchman of Justin Hammer (as he is usually in the comics).

These relatively minor villains are made for these henchmen parts and should be used in these films instead of faceless, generic villains. I'm glad that Batroc is in this and hope to see a trend continuing.

6. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if he holds Agent 13 captive like in the comics to lure Cap.

7. TheVileOne

Funny video. MMA humorist Tommy Toe Hold does a Captain America/Georges St. Pierre skit on one of his vids:

[YT]iHX55KZoe7E[/YT]

8. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

There's no way Cap is not going to fight Batroc himself.

9. VulcanVader

VulcanVader Well-Known Member

I don't know...If you think, he already has Winter Sodlier and Crossbones (plus any enemy henchman). For sure he will have big fighting sequences with them.... so I thought Batroc is an enemy who fits Black Widow.

10. Dark Raven

But it's a fight that everyone wants to see - Cap vs Batroc.

And besides, in James Bond films, no-one complains that he already has all these other villains to fight, so therefore give one of them to another MI6 agent. Bond fights them all. So should Cap.

11. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Maybe the first look we get of CA in the movie is him busting up a crime being committted by Batroc and his minions.

12. KDM1986

KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

I hope there's a sweet fight between Batroc and cap.

13. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

maybe there are a bunch of hockey pad wearing amateur Caps attacking Batroc.

14. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Evans tweeted recently about their fight and said it was a great experience, and that GSP is a really nice guy. GSP said in an interview today that his work on the film has already wrapped, after a week in Cleveland. He says he plays a French mercenary, who has some impressive leaping ability --- so....yeah.

Sounds like a minor character, for sure, but hopefully a good scene. Or two.

15. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

I wonder how he fits into the context of the film?.. Maybe just robbing something a Cap breaks it up, then you see that he's connected to the main villain or something.

16. Norrin Parker

Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

I think Winter Soldier, Crossbones, and Batroc will all be employed by the same guy. Whether it be Zola, Zemo, or Lukin, or possibly The Red Skull.

17. Mr. Dent

Probably holding Agent 13 captive like in the comics.

18. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I thought they weren't filming in Cleveland until next month. Every shot we have of the cast so far has been in LA.

19. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I'd rather they didn't. It already looks like Natasha is taking over Sharon's role, and it'd be a shame if what little she had left didn't involve her being kidnap fodder.

I think it'll be a Jame Bond style cold open. Cap and Widow smash some heist or caper that Batroc is leading. It may have a minor connection to the main plot, or it might merely serve to show Cap in his element.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  20. Mr. Dent

I'm not saying she'd be fodder. She'd have a larger role going forward from that, obviously. Just as she does in the comics. She will probably have valuable intel on Winter Soldier and whoever he's working for.

21. Dark Raven

In a candy factory?

Batroc: I want ze lemon sherbet

Cap: No, I had it first.

22. STR1

STR1 Well-Known Member

Maybe the movie starts off by Cap, Widow and the other Shield Agents going after "minor" villians, as I assume they will do when there are no world threats, and Batroc is that "minor" villian. Then the movie will pick up the pace and go into HYDRA mode.

23. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

He only shot on the soundstages in L.A.. Too bad he won't take part in the Cleveland shoot though; that's where all the action will unfold and we're likely to get good pics.

24. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

They haven't got to Cleveland yet? I thought there was already a major casting call for extras there.

In any event, I was curious when I read that a couple of places they already shot this week in LA were a hospital, a shopping mall, and an abandoned industrial basement. I'm wondering if the Batroc fight took place at the hospital, and under what circumstances....

25. TheVileOne

I want Batroc to be on screen for less than a minute and for him to be swatted like a fly.