Get on board the Train, rail, locomotive and train modelling thread

7m8qJGC.jpg

^oh I think I saw that when I went to Manchester! Might be mistaken though

This is sad :(

Vandals trash model railway show

Thousands of pounds worth of model railway exhibits have been destroyed in an act of "total wanton destruction".

Market Deeping Model Railway Club lost years of work in the raid at Welland Academy in Stamford on Saturday.

Its chairman Peter Davies, 70, said exhibits were smashed, thrown around and stamped on, including a locomotive unit worth about £8,500.

Four youths have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and criminal damage.

A funding page set up to raise £500 for the club has made more than £32,000 in a matter of hours.

One contributor, Barry Cave, posted on the page: "Horrendous act of vandalism, hope my donation helps a little."

Irish Rail to add up to 600 electric trains for expanded green fleet - Electrek

Irish Rail has started a tender process for “the largest and greenest fleet order in Irish public transport history” as it looks to add 600 electric trains to its fleet over the next decade.

National railway operator Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail) announced it’s now seeking “expressions of interest from global train manufacturers for up to 600 electric/battery-electric powered carriages over a 10-year timescale.”

The project will both replace Irish Rail’s existing DART fleet — now made up of 76 older carriages — and allow for an ambitious expansion of the fleet overall

That’s pretty cool, future of rail and all that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"