Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ghost Rider Confirmed!

This surprised me, I'm a bit wary about it, but I think it could be fun.

I hope it could be fun.

omg please let it be fun. :funny:

I mentioned on Twitter how Fitz should be Walter Peck regarding Ghost Rider. He thinks it is just hallucinogenics and a light show instead of anything supernatural. And now I want William Atherton to appear on Agents of SHIELD.

I mentioned on Twitter how Fitz should be Walter Peck regarding Ghost Rider. He thinks it is just hallucinogenics and a light show instead of anything supernatural. And now I want William Atherton to appear on Agents of SHIELD.

Disagree. Fitz has seen enough legit weird s*** by now to think it's all just parlour tricks.

I just hope whatever they do with GR won't hinder any potential Johny Blaze movie. For the record I don't particularly care for the character but if anyone can make a Ghost Rider movie work, it'd be Marvel.

They probably aren't gonna do one. Like Daredevil they're doing him on TV because they know the last few attempts didn't go over well.

hope we see him very soon in a promo or screenshot

How do you think the Ghost Rider skull and flame effects will look? At least to the standard of the Sony versions or better? Or worse, like a budget version like Laser Tag Deathlok?

I can't imagine we'll actually see him unobscured onscreen very much. How much actual screen time did Hive's true form actually get?

After seeing the two films, and vomiting for days afterwards, I am not looking forward to a "different" take on this GR. I don't think a "TV" show will capture the darkness needed to bring this characters proper attributes to the surface.

In the end, I think we will see a watered down, cheapened, GR to the point where it will ruin it so much that GR may never get another on screen chance.

You want a GR that people will remember you need to mix the Exorcist, with Silence of the Lambs, with the Matrix... then you might get something that GR's character is worthy of.

HFM

After seeing the two films, and vomiting for days afterwards, I am not looking forward to a "different" take on this GR. I don't think a "TV" show will capture the darkness needed to bring this characters proper attributes to the surface.

In the end, I think we will see a watered down, cheapened, GR to the point where it will ruin it so much that GR may never get another on screen chance.

You want a GR that people will remember you need to mix the Exorcist, with Silence of the Lambs, with the Matrix... then you might get something that GR's character is worthy of.

I doubt you're right. The show's going to air at a later time in the U.S. and they've said they're going darker this season. Ghost Rider will be fine.

Is it going to eventually be moved to 11 pm, too? I mean, they moved it from 8 to 9 already.

Is it going to eventually be moved to 11 pm, too? I mean, they moved it from 8 to 9 already.
11pm is local news and the networks have late night programming.
Win or lose, AOS will probably be at 10pm for the rest of its run.

I can't imagine we'll actually see him unobscured onscreen very much. How much actual screen time did Hive's true form actually get?

This really annoyed me last season. They can waste money on fx for dopey scenes where Hydra sends a drone that cuts a circle in the roof of a building to nab a guy in there, but we only get what feels like 10 secs of Hive's true form.

This really annoyed me last season. They can waste money on fx for dopey scenes where Hydra sends a drone that cuts a circle in the roof of a building to nab a guy in there, but we only get what feels like 10 secs of Hive's true form.
Well facial animation like Hives is way more complicated than a more fairly static objects like aircrafts. I think GR's face won't be expressive (i.e. no brow movements) at most maybe his jaw and pupils. That's way easier and less time consuming to animate than what they did with Hive. Which, for a tv, was really ****ing good. Props to the fx team for that. With GR being relatively less complicate they can afford to have more shots of him.

Even as a Ghost Rider fan I am not familiar with this version of the character. So I think it's a mistake we see him before Blaze or Ketch in the MCU.

Even as a Ghost Rider fan I am not familiar with this version of the character. So I think it's a mistake we see him before Blaze or Ketch in the MCU.

The general public's familiarity with Ghost Rider begins and ends with him as a trivia footnote from two bad Nick Cage movies. None of the Ghost Riders have any real pop culture clout with a mainstream audience.

AoS tends to get overly ambitious with their CGI budget so I'm fine with them holding back. Hive looked bad, I'm worried Ghost Rider might too unless they save a lot of their budget for it.

Here he is.

shieldqefw.jpg

AoS tends to get overly ambitious with their CGI budget so I'm fine with them holding back. Hive looked bad, I'm worried Ghost Rider might too unless they save a lot of their budget for it.

:huh::huh:
Hive was literally the best CGI that's been put on network tv. It looked movie level (which is probably why he only showed for a minute). Ghost Rider should be fine with some good alien type (but skull shaped obviously) makeup and firestorm (of the cw) style flames which should be MUCH cheaper than whatever they did for Hive.

Here he is.

shieldqefw.jpg

Wow actually looks better than the all back one piece from the comics. I hope they loose that weird Trad Moore helmet design and got for a more classic skull.

Now that I think about it, I think there going to hide the skull underneath the helmet to save money on CGI. The flames my disperse from underneath, and he pulls the helmet off and reveals the skull out for special occasions.

[YT]04Ov7mkgc6k[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"