Ghost Rider Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Speed Force, Jul 22, 2016.

1. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

Highly doubt this, but maybe Marvel Studios has plans for other versions down the line and just threw Agents of SHIELD a bone with Robbie Reyes. I could be wrong, though. Just a hunch.

2. DoomRulz

DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

I hope so. I'm kind of over seeing GR be treated like a second-class character.

3. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

...I only remember 4 issues during secret wars, and he SHARED that series with everyone else lol

4. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

5. First Avenger

First Avenger Well-Known Member

He looks much better here.

6. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

7. harryoscop

harryoscop Well-Known Member

This version of Robbie Reyes... Looks nothing like Robbie Reyes. They didn't even bother to give the hair or goatee. Not that I care that much... Ugh. Wish they let Ghost Rider be in the movies. :csad:

8. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

I think this is just a trial with the character to see how people react to it. But bringing Blaze or Ketch onto Netlfix or (preferably) into the movies.

9. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

That won't be happening anytime soon. There is a reason they chose to introduce the property into their universe via a less risky TV show. The last attempt at a Ghost Rider movie was an utter bomb that was laughed out of theaters, which is why they did the sensible low risk thing by putting him on a TV show instead of spending a huge chunk of cash trying to get him back onto the big screen.

Ya know, exactly what they did with Punisher and Daredevil after they failed at the box office.

The only way those guys get back into the movies is if Marvel grants them a cameo in Infinity War.

10. chicagodave

chicagodave Well-Known Member

Say what you will they are promoting the hell out of this character. I dont mind it as much but part of me wonders what other story lines would they have explored if they decide to not go this route. Still eagerly awaiting premiere.

11. harryoscop

He could've easily been in Infinity War, playing a smaller role with Mephisto playing the role he did in the comics. Bringing a Ghost Rider to Shield is basically the kiss of death for this character/s
    I hope so, man. But I feel like Marvel throwing a GR onto AOS heavily dampens any chance of one them ever appearing outside of this show.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  12. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Well, the answer of why they aren't using Ketch here is easy: Ketch would be way too expensive. Using a car means you can do the flaming wheel effects with practical work, you don't need to show Ghost Rider all the time while driving, and in general is more budget friendly.

Why the *movies* have refused to use the actual iconic Ghost Rider that made him the famous character he is? I have no idea. Maybe somebody in Hollywood has a violent aversion for the idea of a flaming headed demon hero whose. . . actually heroic?

13. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah but that last one was AVI still. Granted without Avi, we may never had seen a GR film in the first place.

14. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

There was never any chance of that happening. They're dealing with a crap ton of heroes already and as of right now there's nothing at all to indicate Mephisto will even be in Infinity War. The only person I even saw suggest that Infinity War could be used as an origin story for MCU Ghost Rider was a poster on this very forum.

The kiss of death occurred when his last movie bombed. What people don't like grasping is that the only failed franchises Marvel has ever actually rebooted with movies were Hulk and Spider-Man, and that's pretty much because those were two of the most popular heroes on the planet even before their movies.

See the above post. Ghost Rider is a low priority and his public image was tainted by the two Nicholas Cage films. The studio sees no financial incentive to spend money on an expensive movie reboot to try and salvage him. Like Daredevil, they're going the more fiscally sound route of putting him on TV.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Been a die-hard Marvel fan all my life and I'm completely indifferent towards the character. I don't really care to see another Ghost Rider movie, but I am interested to see how this turns out, even though my expectations are pretty low.

16. DoomRulz

AVEI!!! Good to see you, it's been a long time since our time back on the old Ghost Rider sub-forums! Hope you're doing well, man :)

17. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

I can't get a great look at these pics on this phone. Does it look like the skull is basically a helmet like in the comics, or are they going the route of him having an actual flaming skull?

18. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

It's hard to tell at full size too. You really can't see the back on GR's head

19. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

[YT]gSkkI3OaOAY[/YT]

20. AVEITWITHJAMON

God yeah the good old days :yay:, hopefully we get another movie to jabber about with GR soon, how are you my friend?

21. harryoscop

K, y'know what? I think i'm going to check out this episode just to see how they handle GR

22. DalekbusterFitz

DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

I wonder after their fight in episode two if he'll ride Daisy at any point?:cwink:

23. DoomRulz

I've been well. I haven't been posting around here, honestly, ever since 2008 when TDK was released and the GR subforums were axed. But with Rebirth along an interest in DC overall, I'm back at it! I do hope Ghostie receives a proper comeback.

24. AVEITWITHJAMON

Who wouldn't given the opportunity :ilv:

Good to hear you're back and posting again, yeah this GR will have to do for now, I suppose we will have something to be excited about in the future for GR.

25. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Since this version is more Ghost Driver than Ghost Rider, it could be Driving Miss Daisy. :o