Ghost Rider FAQ

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Midnight Ice, Oct 27, 2004.

1. me think that not first issue

2. FlameHead Registered

There is a lot of information online about Gbost Rider... and there is a links thread here on the hype for the character. I'll bump it too the top for ya.

3. NightCrawler Registered

Yea, i wasn't sure if its was the first release. I think it was like a recap. Its the first issue ov Ghost Rider rides again. Anyway, i think it would make a great movie introduction

4. BIGGUN Registered

yup...that was a short run reprint series that released the last 10 or so issues of the 70s GR. the 90s GR book just came out and was really popular....Marvel did the reprint series to cash in on GR's success and introduce everyone to Blaze and how he got rid of GR. those issues btw are considered to be the best GR stories by many long time fans...

5. FlameHead Registered

I have most of that reprint run; The orignal Ghost Rider Rides again'... and I have to say that it certainly is some damn good reading. I was able to finish the story recently actually, with the aquisition of Ghost Rider 81.

The released another just called Original Ghost Rider which was a reprint of the First issues of Ghost Rider (I think). I only have a couple issues of them.

6. BIGGUN Registered

yeah its weird how they did it. 1st it was "Original GR Rides Again" which reprinted the last 10 or so issues from the 70s/early 80s run and the "Orig GR" started w/ the very 1st issue (Marvel Spotlight from 1972).
    those reprints should still be pretty cheap for anyone who wants to know the story and not have to shell out big $$ for the originals.

7. FlameHead Registered

I guess they wanted to just introduce people to Blaze, especially when they decided to bring the character back in the second series... plus, as you said, the last 14 (which they had 2 per issue for 7 issues) are the best of the run anyway. When that sold well, I guess they wanted to take further advantage of the fans and released the first so many issues.

8. Dr Doom Registered

Exactly how many Ghost Rider's have there been?

What are their respective powers?

What are there names?

What did they and their bikes look like?

Which is better?

:D :D :D

9. WarBlade Registered

Ghost nothingtodowiththeoneweknowandlove Rider: Some guy on horseback, dressed in white in a 'western' setting. The first Marvel character to be called Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider 1: Johnny Blaze. The Original flame headed faustian character. Came equipped with a hell cycle, strength, resilience, hellfire blasts from his hands and a manic demeanor. The bikes were typically harley hog type things and stunt bikes.

Ghost Rider 2: Dan Ketch. Johnny's brother. Strength, resilience, a morphable chain weapon that could be used as a whip, garrot or a ranged-attack blade weapon, and the penance stare - Ghost Rider's unique soul rending ability when he dragged an enemy into face to face contact. His hellcycle was more of a futuristic sports machine in it's "hero" form and was disguised as a very ordinary street bike when Ghost Rider gave up his claim to the body he shared with Dan. The hellcycle was revealed to be a part of him in some way and has exhibited the ability to completely reform at will from a pile of scrap pieces when destroyed.

In both of the above cases the human characters would transform into the Ghost Rider ala Hulk style transformation where separate personalities were forced together in one body and the bikes would transform with them from a casual day bike into a 'flame-tyred' beast referred to by the fans as a "hellcycle".

Blaze: Technically not a Ghost Rider, but one of several "Spirits of Vengeance", Johnny Blaze returned to the Dan Ketch story and gradually began exhibiting several hellfire based powers. His body started appearing a little stronger and resilient (though not so much as that of the Ghost Rider), his bike would gain the flaming tyres and he could extend hellfire beyond his body through his weapons; a shotgun and a knife. At one point part of his face got ripped off to reveal a ghost rider-like skeleton underneath, which later healed back to a more human appearance.

Vengeance: Lieutenant Baddilino(sp?) became another Ghost Rider with similar traits to Blaze's version, complete with the hellfire and bike, although his human personality remained in Vengeance form, albeit in a partially deranged state, unlike the others who had to cope with giving up their bodies to their internal other. His normal bike was a street machine, the hellcycle was a very demonic looking chopper.

I missed something out. I just know I have. :eek:

10. FlameHead Registered

There's not much to add to this. Nicely done WarBlade...

When www.vengeanceunbound.com comes back online, you'll be able to read the fantastic history of Ghost Rider that they've wrote up. It gives a lot of information on the character through time.

11. user123456789 Registered

This thread is for everyday people like me who know nothing about GR that can ask anything they wish about Ghost Rider.

my first question is... what / who is ghost rider?

12. FlameHead Registered

This is a great idea for a thread... although there is a tonne of information already online to answer your questions. The three best resources on the net for the Character are the following.

For the movie...
    http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/GRMain.html

For the comic...
    http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/main.html

For the universe...
    http://giantsizedghostrider.co.nr/

ON the VU.com website, there is an amazing history write up on the character including information on all 3 Ghost Riders, all written in a logical manner. It's the best and truly gives a complete timeline for bucko.

The link for that is here: http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/incarnations.html

If you still have questions, go ahead and ask. Somebody here will answer I'm sure.

13. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I'll sticky this for a while.

14. FlameHead Registered

Good idea. Thanks.

15. user123456789 Registered

I'm checkin out the 3 links now. Thanks flame & c.lee. On a side note, how come the GR forums dont have a spoiler / non-spoiler section? Isn't this movie due out soon?

16. FlameHead Registered

I guess that only comes when the movie is either finished or close to finished. When we start hearing more about the character and the movie specifically, I'm sure they'll create one of those sections.

It could also be because we have a very nice community of GR fans here. We all respect one another and the rules. This means we usually warn people if we have information that could spoil the movie. OF course, that could all change as new people arrive. I hope not though. I'm proud of our section of the hype.

17. Punitore Registered

[​IMG]

Looks like a mix between Mel Gibson and David Schwimmer..

18. Punitore Registered

Oh sorry i should have not posted it here...

19. FlameHead Registered

You're right... in both posts.

20. FlameHead Registered

Oh yeah.

I guess the 3 GR sites that we have says everything...

21. DavetheMick Registered

How does Ghost Rider punish the wicked? Does he just find them randomly or does does he have a list? Uhhh what does he do to them when he finds them. I reckon its something bad with the chains and hellfire and all.

22. FlameHead Registered

He's definatly not Santa with a list...

It's more of a magical, mystical thing. Whenever innocent blood is spilt, Ghost Rider is 'born' to avenge he/she who did the spillin'... and he won't stop until it's done.

He does whatever's necessary to make him feel an equal amount of pain that that person's caused on others. Sometimes, just a great beating is enough. Other times, the Penance Stare (or Hell Fire blast, when referring to GR1) is needed to make they feel such an intense pain that it leaves the victem shaking in the bushes.

The chains are his aquirin' tool. It's fun to watch what it can do. He uses it in many creative ways.

23. InVictus Registered

The most funny episode with the chain was against D'spair/D'sprite, i don't remember well his name...GR was falling from a tower and tried to use the chain to swing from a lamppost as Spidey (he actually said it) but GR was too heavy and the lamp post bented, GR creashing on a car...:)
    I think that in the punisher's crossover against flag smasher GR showed almost any trick with the chain...apart from the explosive chain rings shooting(where he did it first?)

24. DavetheMick Registered

Thanks for the info Flamehead. Do you have any suggestions for any graphic novels to start with.

25. Crowley9 Registered

Why is this already unstickied? And thanks for those links. So it seems like the whole Noble Kale thing could be retconned as Mephisto's lies and illusions...