Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

I also hope they up their movies per year to 3. They could get away with a Spring, Summer, and fall movie per year if need be..

I think they'd be doing it now if it weren't for FOX and Sony. They could run the risk of oversaturating the market with their brand.

especially if they keep continuing to push their franchises in different directions genre wise.

Exactly. And it's logical that if they do this, the film ratings may expand beyond PG-13. MS is still in it's infancy as a studio. Anyone who thinks they won't evolve and expand in new ways is crazy. It's the price of survival.

They could bring back Marvel Knights for that.

I do think moviewise, they're tied up for the next few years so I wouldn't hold my breath for a Punisher movie. I think they'll probably relegate Punisher and Ghost Rider to television, and I see them in a few years from now trying to make a new Daredevil movie.

I just hope that eventually Marvel realizes that every hero does not have to be in Avengers 2, and I also hope they up their movies per year to 3. They could get away with a Spring, Summer, and fall movie per year if need be, especially if they keep continuing to push their franchises in different directions genre wise.

From Feige's recent comment on a Daredevil movie we won't be seeing one this decade. Phase 3 will probably last until the end of the decade meaning only a limited number of new solo films and from everything being talked about those will or probably will be Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Inhumans, and a female character movie

Pretty much. When I say Daredevil is years away I say that Daredevil is years away from development. They have many other characters to focus on, but it's a bonus to get some characters back.

Marvel wouldn't start development instantly on any of the franchises they got back, but the funny thing is that they would on the franchises they still do not have (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if they ever got back any of those three, we'd see a new movie within 3 years.

Oh of course we would because those franchises are proven money makers bar FF which still didn't do horrible box office wise

I think the best way is to use them like Hulk in another movie. That way they don't languish in obscurity and collect dust on the shelf. I don't know if Ghost Rider or Punisher ever would be such a blockbuster movie simply because of their premises. They'll never be on the same level as Spider-Man or Iron Man or the other Avengers-related movies. But having them in another movie can compensate for what they lack. Ghost Rider could bring a certain mystique and be a crowd favourite in an ensemble whereas alone he might be too much to take.

You have to remember...when Marvel Studios gets these rights back, they aren't getting back a singular character; they are getting back an entire package of characters and locations and story-lines. They are getting back a whole chunk of their universe that they can use parts of in all sorts of different areas of the MCU.

Even if Marvel decides not to make a Blade, Daredevil, or Ghost Rider movie anytime soon doesn't mean they can't throw Blackheart into some movie, or have Foggy Nelson represent someone in a TV series, or throw a vampire or two into the mix in the MCU...

I bet you if fans started a huge boycott and spread it around via social networking that we could put a big dent in Spidey, X-Men and ESPECIALLY FF.

Problem is, curiosity will always get the best of fans.

Will they be in a future Avengers now?

Punisher and Daredevil doesn't need a lot of explanation, as they can function in the cinematic Marvel world.
But Blade? That means vampires do exist. How come SHIELD don't keep track of them?
And Ghost Rider? Holy fried beans. Satan and Hell are real too. I don't see how that could possible work.
Would Lucifer be an actual fallen angel? Or would he just be a cosmic being, much like Thor, Odin and Loki?

If they go ahead with Doctor Strange solo. Then his sequel could be a Midnight Sons movie.

As for Punisher and Daredevil, they could both be introduced in Hero's For Hire movie.

I wonder if a Midnight Sons television series might even be a good avenue to take...

That way they can take their time in introducing the various characters and supernatural elements.

If they go ahead with Doctor Strange solo. Then his sequel could be a Midnight Sons movie.

As for Punisher and Daredevil, they could both be introduced in Hero's For Hire movie.
Not in any Avengers?
Actually, I wonder if Lucifer's realm in MU will only be in the underworld and he will be only an earthly force, not cosmic. I guess that will limit his powers some.

I think the best way is to use them like Hulk in another movie. That way they don't languish in obscurity and collect dust on the shelf.
I can see how Blade or Ghost Rider will dive into the fight just when things are heating up (like Hulk vs the giant serpent) and save everybody.

Seriously? Isn't that somebody like Silver Surfer?

Silver Surfer is up there, but so is GR.

I wouldn't call GR the 'most powerful'. One of the toughest, maybe. Virtual immunity to conventional damage + immortality. Barely anything fazes him.

Honestly, he's mid-tier. I wouldn't even call him Iron Man powerful, though Tony would have a hard time actually putting him down lastingly. Against anybody seriously powerful, GR's main plays are "Go for the Penance Stare!" and "Good thing I can recover from that. . . eventually. . . oww".

Its just that most of the time, Ghost Rider doesn't fight high end supervillains. He fights much lower end foes for whom he is a terrifying unstoppable horror movie monster.

GR has fought The Hulk twice and not been defeated either time, I take it you guys havent read the more recent GR comics also, starting from about 2005 onwards? Dr. Strange stated that GR has no limits to his power, and when he fought World War Hulk, Strange also said GR is the only one who stop him, BUT, GR only fights and hurts the guilty, so he left the fight, which lead to Dr. Strange being in tears that he did so. Now, even The Sentry couldnt beat World War Hulk, yet Strange stated that GR could.

If that doesnt prove to you guys how powerful GR is, I dont know what will, not even Iron Man level? Please, IM wouldnt stand a chance, just like he didnt against WWH.

Marvel would be foolish not to do something with GR when he is this powerful. Zadkiel was basically God and he was the first to defeat GR in his modern state.

I bet you if fans started a huge boycott and spread it around via social networking that we could put a big dent in Spidey, X-Men and ESPECIALLY FF.

Problem is, curiosity will always get the best of fans.
This wouldn't, couldn't and never will work. As it been stated before the "fanboys" represent only a fraction of a fraction of the people who go see these movies. Only us comic book fans would have any reason to participate in this "boycott." The GA which is who these movies are targeted at (let's be honest) don't care about how faithful the movie is to the source material because they have no knowledge about the source material in the first place. Why do you think IM3 is still doing so well. As much as "fanboys" have been complaining about Marvel's treatment of the Mandarin it's still made no dent in the box office.

If it was a viral movement like "Want Spidey in Avengers? Don't Watch Spider-Man 2". Over tumblr, trending on twitter and facebook, it could probably work.

If it was a viral movement like "Want Spidey in Avengers? Don't Watch Spider-Man 2". Over tumblr, trending on twitter and facebook, it could probably work.
It wouldn't work. The amount of people who would care about this kind of thing is barely 1% of the sells for the movie. The amount of people who know the source material and would care is too small to matter. 99% of the GA have no idea that Spider-Man or Wolverine were and are Avengers in the comics therefore, they wouldn't have any reason to care about seeing them in the MCU until they are in the MCU.

I was kinda hoping TASM would bomb so sony would give up the rights. If TASM hadn't done so well over-seas it would have come close. Since the domestic take for TASM was by far the lowest of all the spider-man films even with 3d tickets.

I was kinda hoping TASM would bomb so sony would give up the rights. If TASM hadn't done so well over-seas it would have come close. Since the domestic take for TASM was by far the lowest of all the spider-man films even with 3d tickets.
That tends to happen with reboots. Won't be the same for TASM2 however.

This is very promising news indeed!

I agree that Marvel has a full plate right now, with The Avengers and the tie-in franchises, but this actually opens a LOT of doors.

I agree with some of the users on here that a character like The Punisher might work better on TV, but it would have to be on a cable channel (Punisher has no business on network television) which presents its own issues. Even then, I think a premium channel, like HBO or Showtime, would be the ideal place for the character.

While I do want to see a Midnight Sons movie, I don't want us to jump right from Doctor Strange into an ensemble movie. Blade and Ghost Rider deserve better than to have their origins shoehorned into a team picture.

A possible blueprint and wild speculation:

Thor has, thus far, served as a bit of an introduction into the mystical side of the MCU. I agree with other fans that this opens the door for Doctor Strange, if not leads directly into it. Someone else phrased it perfectly: Let Doctor Strange serve as the anchor for the "Mystical Marvel" branch, should his movie prove a success.

Now, I know that some users here detest the idea of them ending the Iron Man movies, or The Avengers franchise, but we have to be realistic: Franchises either end while they are still good, or they continue on until they are a twisted, horrific shadow of what they once were (i.e. - pretty much every comic book movie franchise up to this point), and while The Avengers (and tie-in films) are still really good, that won't last forever.

So maybe after The Avengers franchise has run its course, we can get a Midnight Sons movie, but I just don't see that happening while there are still Avengers movies being made.

I think the only one that'll dislike this is ManyFacesofave on YouTube. How's that ''Boycott'' going, buddy? ;) As for this news, I support it.

I don't think we'll see any Marvel knights stuff until phase 4.Everything at Marvel Studios now will be related to Avengers or the cosmic side of things.I really hope that we get a Punisher tv show somewhere down the line and it starring Thomas Jane would be great.Daredevil could also possibly be a show and the crossover between the two would be special.Ghost Rider however I feel needs a film. One similar in tone to the original crow.Tonally it would be different to any Marvel film before. Blaze resides in the darkest corners of the Marvel universe and that should be shown.

Blade could work as either a film or show, but I feel the property still has the stink of the failed TV show.Also while I feel Ghost Rider, Dr.Strange and Blade could easily be in a Midnight sons film, I wouldn't have Daredevil or Castle anywhere near that film.You can introduce Hellstorm or Santanna in that type of film seeing as they'll never get their own films.

I'd like to see a decent Punisher movie. The Punisher War Zone reboot was terrible in my opinion.

Agree with a few others Ghost Rider has no business as a TV show, the character and most of his villains require extensive special effects, and 95% of TV just wouldnt have the level required, Game Of Thrones being the possible exception.

Its also the reason i'm glad we didnt get that Hulk TV series, and to him and his villains justice, good and expensive CGI would be needed, same with GR, keep him off the TV Marvel.

Punisher and Daredevil would make for great TV shows though, just look at Arrow as the template.

I hope to see a new TV show. I don't know if it should be solely DD or soley Punisher though. But maybe they do need to focus on one of those two as the main character. I think Daredevil has a broader range of stories because he can be both a seeming vigilante and you can have courtroom drama as well, making it less formulaic. I guess either of them could start off in SHIELD and then be spun off into their own series.

The good thing about these potential series, as opposed to Arrow, is that they can easily crossover into the movies. It's unlikely to be something like Smallville, which was its own pocket universe separate from any WB films.

^I think Marvel would definately connect any TV series, especially one based it two quite well known characters, into the MCU, as they are in the unique position of owning the rights to these characters now.

They would connect them simply to drum in interest in the TV show and get better ratings.

What if they combined DD and Punisher, so that instead of the usual cop-hunting-vigilante story (like Det Lance hunting "the Hood" in Arrow), it's DD hunting the Punisher, or at least tracking him? And maybe, even though he has these highly developed senses, DD is still blind to the fact that he's not that different from the very person he's after, even though he sees himself completely differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"