Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by FlameHead, Aug 12, 2005.

1. theescapeclause Registered

Did anyone have any luck finding any of the variant? I called EVERY comic store in Cincinnati, and no one had it. The comic was awesome, a little bit of a slow start, but still awesome. And did anyone notice the insane amount of ads? I've been buying comics for years and I've never seen a book with so many ads. Two pages in the whole book are full page spreads, other than that, there's an ad every other page.

2. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

That's Garth Ennis for ya.

3. Cubs Fan Registered

Minor spoiler of a future character.

Yeah I heard that there might be a Catholic Priest somewhere in the story. I really really hope there is no "Catholic Bashing". Hopefully the Priest is a good Priest not one of the other ones.

4. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Now that was a good read. Hate the fact I have to wait a month for the next issue.

Plus I might have found someone who can hook my up with The Dark Design by next Wednesday. This is a good week to be a Ghost Rid fan.

5. Riding Ghost Registered

I had the same thought, they reminded me more of the old greek gods rather than what we would all identify as being Angels.
    But yeah, otherwise it was pretty good.

6. Riding Ghost Registered

that sucks, they probibly have 'em but decided to sell them for $20 on E-bay.
    I got one at my comic store for cover price but they only had 1. The 3rd variant is selling for between $250-300 on E-bay, which is about as much as a mint copy of the original GR from the 70's. its crazy

7. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Diggin' it fiercely. Just don't get hung up on continuity or you won't enjoy it at all.

8. FlameHead Registered

Only a few short hours until I can finally get my hands on this thing. Directly after rehearsal I head to my comic shop... and if they don't have it, I'll shoot somebody...

... with a water gun, cuz I'm not a violent man.

9. demento Registered

Not bad. I'm liking the set-up so far and the art is fantastic. My only complaint is that some of the narration is a tad on the cheesy side
    but Ennis compensates somewhat by having the demon Hoss shove that biker's head up his ass, literally.
    Heh. :)

10. Jasmine Registered

Mini is off to an intriguing start. Gorgeous artwork. :ghost:

11. KingOfDreams Registered

Normally I don't notice the ads in comics but for some reason they were glaring and distracting in this comic.

12. knighted Guest

blaze was gr, ketch is dead, blaze is gr again, he finally has to pay for his deal, now they're gonna break him out of hell. theres no continuity problem I see. wtf are you talkin about

13. ROB Registered

I live in new zealand so im getting it at the end of the month is it good

14. BIGGUN Registered

id say so :up:
    just got it myself and i have to say this one of the better GR stories that ive read. the angels are real a$$e$ and poor Blaze (and Ghost Rider) has been caught and has been suffering in Hell for several years.
    the 1st issue just sets up the main characters and not much happens w/ GR but the artwork and story are very good. what was so cool was one statement from one of the angels saying basically even they should be afraid of GR's power! very nice :up:

15. Gamma Warrior Ghetto Fabulous

Ennis is awesome,I love this book.Especialy Ghost Rider fighting the hordes of hell.

16. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

1-when did Ketch die?
    2-how did Blaze become GR again?
    3-which GR is he? :ghost:

17. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

I don't know if Ketch is dead or not, I hope so. This is all guessing but I imagine he was reunited with Zarathos when he was taken to hell answering 2-3. But here is a question
    Who is controling the body these days? Is it john Blaze that tries to escape every day or Zarathos? Or now that John Blaze is dead can he be turned into a demon himself thus no longer needing Zarathos.

18. Riding Ghost Registered

Daniel said that "they finally caught up with him........in the end they carried him away." Which leads me to think he (JB) didn't die first, him and GR(presumably Zarathos) were carried to hell alive. Also Daniel stated that the reason Malachi should want to get GR out of hell is because GR is "powerful" and it will be easy to get GR to do his will because JB is "gullible".

On another note, since GR has gone through hell and is all tattered and torn looking, I wonder if somewhere in this mini he gets an upgrade(new cloth and such). Kinda like the upgrade the movie GR is said to have after leaving the jail.
    Possably the last issue or two will have a moviesque looking GR ready to be launched into a new ongoing as well as the movie. Just a thought.

19. theescapeclause Registered

I FINALLY found a copy of the variant! I had to drive about an hour to get it, and they were charging 20 bones, but it was well worth the trip and the dough. I think this new mini is just what GR needs. The tale is pretty easy for anyone to pick up, without having to know all of the mythology that had been built up over the years. Plus the art is nothing short of amazing. (Besides the new logo, not diggin' it.) And on an unrelated note, my trip to this new far away comic store proved very rewarding. In addition to the variant, I found a new GR action figure from one of those figure battle games, AND..... A N/M Marvel Spotlight #5 for $30!!!! Not bad considering some jokers are selling it on ebay for $200 - $400. Now I just need to track down the new poster.

20. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Thats awesome!

21. Hawkin Guest

He did die in final issue vol2.

22. FlameHead Registered

Okay, so I've had the issue since Saturday but I'm not only getting a chance to talk about it. I've read it three times so far and I absolutly love it. Clayton Crane is perfect for this story as his artwork is quite amazing. I love it... and from the little preview of the next comic at the end, it looks like it's only gettin' better. My absolute favorite piece of his work is the mid transformation panel that he created. Probably the best that I've ever seen.

Of course, Ennis deserves a not too because his writting is so wonderful. I love his style and his choice of words. I mean, the opening of this book was brilliant. "And Every night... Every night... They take him down. They rend and rip and they tear and they sever. They pound and mash and rape and ruin until all but his soul is gone". Man. That's freakin' awesome.

And lets not forget the characters he's created. The angels are beautiful and ruthless. Boss Hog is shapin' up to be one crazy ass villian, especially with his new friend "ButtView". Man, that's priceless.

Bring on October so I can't me more of this goodness...

23. Sauron Registered

Good book, can't wait for more! I felt sorry for ole' flame head gettin' ripped apart every night. :ghost:

24. Mauser9910 Registered

Nice book, only complain I'd have is the coloring is a bit dark sometimes.
    I love how this is also reminding of Preacher, I'd love to see Ennis and Dillon working on a GR ongoing serie.

25. Mr Nick Registered

Loved the look of Ghost Rider. Loved the look of the flames and hell. Can't wait for him to bust out onto Earth. Mw-ha-ha!

Boy, aren't those angels nasty buggers? Not at all like Michael Landon.

:eek: