Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation

I too thought the angels seemed a bit too evil but I loved the art. Hoss seems like he's gonna be a good villain and oh man buttview hahahahahaha!

Hawkin said:
He did die in final issue vol2.
Ok-I stopped reading :ghost: after all that "Noble Kale" nonsense. Last I saw in "Peter Parker: Spider-Man" they'd been separated somehow, they met back up & GR told Dan that the whole NK thing was BS, then they re-united. I'd always figured it was Mackie's way of saying that they'd pi$$ed all over his work, he'd never intended that to be GR's origin & come hell or highwater, he was gonna fix it if nothing else...while ruining Spider-Man. Damn that Mackie.
Anyways, can you give me a rundown of Ketch's final days? :ghost:

The reason why Malachi wants Ghost Rider's help, is because not only is he powerful, but he is not connected to Heaven or Hell. Daniel and Malachi are heavenly angels. If you notice, they gave that woman a miscarriage, to distract her from seeing them. Where as Hoss and the other angel, were much more violent (including blinding a child with color pencils). As the story goes, a demon escapes hell and is running loose on earth. Some how, it is Malachi's fault. If Heaven finds out first, he is in trouble. If Hell gets the demon back first, Heaven will know about it, and Malachi will be in trouble. If Ghost Rider takes this demon out, neither side will get a chance to know. So that is where Ghost Rider comes into all of this. As for Ghost Rider's outfit, it is only torn upon his escape. When morning comes, he is reformed, and the chase begins again. The only thing I wonder, is why he just tries to outride them, rather than fight back. But it is Hell, and his punishment for selling his soul. So perhaps he could not escape even with his might, in mind.

Liked the issue a lot the art was great can't wait to see more of GR in the next issues. Knowing Ennis writing this is going to turn into one hell of a battle.

MarvelMovies said:
I just made the 2 and a half hour journey to the comic store and back...

$60 later, I got 2 issues of Ghost Rider #1.. and some other ones as well.

:D

Geez, dude! I love Ennis, and really am looking forward to this, but I'm gonna do my usual of waiting till the trade comes out with all the issues compiled and then have Amazon deliver it to my door for cheaper than cover price.

Graphics are usually near or equal the price of the covers. However, a graphic can't be resold in your old age. At least not for any substantial amount. Even valuable graphic novels only resell for $5-10. Compared to a direct market issue, which could go up tons. I bought the Michael Turner cover of Supergirl #1 for $3. One week later, it went up to $5. Anybody who bought the Spidey variant cover for New Avengers #2, can now look foward to an $80 selling price. I picked up Ghost Rider as an individual. Even though it is the standard cover, I expect it to pick up some kind of price, because of the fact that this is a limited series. I don't always collect comics. But some books I collect, and some I simply read. This book seems worthy of collection.

Well, let's be honest. MODERN comics are really negligible as an investment. First, you have the initial investment, as well as caring for it, and finally, years later, you have to find someone that is willing to buy. Plus, a lot of times you gain an attachement to a book and end up not selling anyway. So eventually they just end up becoming something that clutters your life. Unless you have something from the golden or silver age, you really are going to have a hard time getting squat for it. So collecting modern stuff as an investment is really a bunch of hooey. There are a couple of exceptions, but realistically, nothing you buy today is going to end up selling at the price of Amazing Fantasy #15 no matter how old it is...EVER. I still have all of my comics from the 80's in perfect condition, but I know I would have a hard time getting anything for them. If you simply want an investment, put your money into a Money Market account or CD. So that argument can go out the window.
Now on the other hand if you are collecting because you simply enjoy it, that's another story. You are buying pleasure, and that is a subjective thing. Now, that is a valid reason. That's why, unless it's a one shot, I buy trades as opposed to single issues. I'm just on the hunt for a good, enjoyable read. Plus trades are usually cheaper than buying all of the single issues that comprise it....especially from a retailer like Amazon or Wal-mart. They also usually have bonus material that wasn't included in the single issues. As well, I just don't want to wait 6-12 months for a complete story arc. I get it all in one volume to complete at my leisure. Having all of the issues bound together is more convenient and usually more durable than the single issues. And.....NO ADDS.....The list goes on.
I still go to the comic shop and look around every 3 months or so and get a feel for what's out and what I should look for once it hits trades. Marvel and DC know guys like me are out there, so every story arc ends up in trade now-a-days. So if you just have some patience to wait a few months, you end up better off.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Ghost Rider’s return to the world of comics is an unqualified success as Ghost Rider #1 has sold out at Diamond. After years out of the spotlight, Garth Ennis and Clayton Crain’s new twisted re-envisioning of Ghost Rider has scores of fans eager to sell their own soul for a copy. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Luckily, Marvel is releasing Ghost Rider #1 Director’s Cut filled with exclusive DVD-style extras so you don’t have to make a deal with the devil to get your hands on the return of the Spirit of Vengeance. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Fan and critical reaction has been astounding to Ghost Rider, with a slew of reviews pouring in to praise Ennis and Crain’s tale of demons, angels, and a certain flame-headed motorcyclist. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hilary Goldstein of IGN.com says, “Ennis is the perfect man to take on Ghost Rider. Awesome art…and solid writing make this a must.” [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Heidi Meeley of 4ColorReview.com says, “The story is brilliant and the art takes things to a whole new level. I can’t wait to see what Ennis and Crain have in store for Johnny Blaze.” [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Ghost Rider #1 Director’s Cut will feature tons of new content including Garth Ennis’s original proposal, published and unpublished covers by Clayton Crain, and a behind-the-scenes look into how Ghost Rider went from script to thumbnail to final art. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Ghost Rider #1 flew off of the shelves so be sure to get your copy of Ghost Rider #1 Director’s Cut before it’s worth the price of your immortal soul. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]GHOST RIDER #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT (AUG051901)
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Pencils & Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
48 PGS./ PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$3.99
FOC – 9/22, On Sale – 10/12/2005
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]GHOST RIDER #1 POSTER (JUN052074)
Art by Clayton Crain
24” x 36”…$5.95
[/font]
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5941
Thats 4 #1's now.:eek:

yeah i read about this awhile ago....mighty greedy on marvel's part :mad:
why not just put all that extra stuff in issue 1 to begin with? is marvel that desperate for money to issue a "director's cut" of issue 1?
and i hate that "director's cut" crap....its bad enough for movie companies to be going hog wild w/ the term but c'mon....comics too?
ah well....not much can be done at this point other than not buying the books. at least GR is back in action.

Yeah I'm going to pick up the poster for sure tho.

I didn't see this anywhere else on the boards, so I thought I'd post it. I was doing my weekly ghost rider Ebay search and came across a pre-sell for issue 4. Looks pretty badass.
gr4.jpg

Looks like ke's having a bit of trouble with Ruth.

This is pretty exciting news about the comic selling out. Hopefully this will mean awareness for the Ghost Rider movie will be very high by the time the release date rolls around.

I would like to have that as a poster on my wall.

I think the #2 would make a cool poster or tattoo.

Of all the covers I've seen, I think the retailer summit variant of issue 1 was the coolest. I hope they make a poster for that one.

theescapeclause said:
Of all the covers I've seen, I think the retailer summit variant of issue 1 was the coolest. I hope they make a poster for that one.
I agree :up:

I went ahead and picked it up
It was a reprinting of#1 of course, followed by the proposal (a paragraph by Ennis about how he was approaching writing the story followed by a page description of the general storyline). Also a few pages of the dialoge of the issue in script form minus the pictures and several preliminary images of the covers and some pages.

The most interesting part was the paragraph on Ennis approach to writing this. He says
"This story can work equally well as a self-contained 6-issue series or as the first 6 episode arc of an ongoing book. I'm writing a fast paced action/horror story on a pretty epic scale, not an exercise in nostalgia. So I intend to ignore the character's regular supporting cast. As for the man himself: burning skull, yes, big ****-off motorbike, yes, but I'd like to make one alteration to his powers, rather than having him shoot fire from his hands, lets have him simply breathe great gouts of the stuff like a dragon, a much more impressive visual."

Also I didn't realize what that was on page 1 of #1, Ennis describes it like this
"Dominating the background , rising over the horizon like the sun, is what appears to be a burning planet, with a screaming human face- or maybe just mouth- in the flames, and Saturn-type rings around the planet itself. The rings can be made up of barbed wire, tiny human figures, chains of skeletons swirling endlessly around the planet."

I don't see why this couldn't have been just#1 and not the DC, other than squeezing a few more bucks out of the GR fans, but thats not surprising.

Goddamn variants, big reason why I stopped buying comics in general 8 years ago. If I remember when I go to a shop this... hell, no idea when, but when I do go, I'll pick up one copy. I usually like these kind of stories and features (one feature I liked about the Death's Head II Mini and Series back in the day), but the fact that they had to release a SECOND PRINTING of issue 1 a weel after the initial release just bugs the hell out of me.

On an unrelated note, was there a Man-Thing comic released that was unrelated to the movie (which doesn't exist, the dvd I own is not real) recently? A friend said he saw something a few months back, but isn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"