Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by FlameHead, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Exactly.:down

2. FlameHead Registered

Did anyone read this issue yet? Nobody's talked about it and I havne't had the chance to get over to my shop to pick it up.

3. FlameHead Registered

Man, that cover is freakin' sweet. I can't wait to see the insides of this suckah!

4. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Ya I got my copy last week, it's great as expected. I couldn't imagine not getting it the day it hit the shelves.

5. FlameHead Registered

It's hard, trust me. If my shop was closer and I wasn't so tied up with Dracula rehearsals, I'd have it too. Damn Dracula!

6. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Dammit. I still need to get out and get a handful of issues. Classes are really making this difficult.

7. Kuato Registered

Is it standard practice to release a Trade edition of limited run series? I missed out on the first issue and now my local comic shop has already run out of issue #2. At this point I think I may as well wait for a trade if one is going to be released.

8. hellfiremaster Registered

Reading the two new issues.. when GR speaks is he..
    a- Ghost rider
    b- Johnny Blaze
    c- Zarathos
    d- none of the above

HFM

9. BIGGUN Registered

this has me concerned as i saw a panel preview from issue 2 and GR says "Sweet Lord".....ugh. that aint GR....thats Blaze and is something i was afraid that the book would go back to (Blaze controlling and talking through GR...had enough of that in the 1st 20 or so issues of the 70s series)
    i still need to pick up issue 2 to see for myself...im hoping that since that scene was in Hell as punishment Blaze and GR are not only forced to share the same body but the same consciousness...so when one feels pain so would the other. im also hoping that once GR gets back to Earth they will go back to having control of the same body one at a time.

10. zanos Registered

I'm really liking this comic so far.

11. Mr Nick Registered

Certainly sounds like Blaze to me. I don't mind though, I'm just thrilled at seeing him back. And in fabulous style!:up:

12. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

I would say Blaze\Zarathos. He's got to have the demon part to get the look.

13. FlameHead Registered

What I personally love most about this article is the part I have bolded. Isn't that freakin' sweet. I smell an ongoing... though, I've thought I've smelt that before.

Link: http://comics.ign.com/articles/659/659461p1.html

There are some images on the site, btw.

14. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Looks great.

15. Spaz350 Registered

Is that a tentacle or something Hoss is fighting with?

16. Cubs Fan Registered

Thats what it looks like. Cant tell where its coming from, looks like its coming out of his stomach.

17. Mr Nick Registered

Well, Issue 1 was cool. Issue 2 was even better. Issue 3, with GR back on Earth and getting into a ruck is going to be awesome.

I'm loving this series so far. The writing's real edgy and the art is stunning. Crain's Ghost Rider is spot-on.

:up: :up:

18. Gamma Warrior Ghetto Fabulous

19. FlameHead Registered

Kuato, I'm not sure if it's standard practice to release a trade but I'm sure we'll get one for this limited series. Not sure when that'll happen though... probably sometime close to the movie.

I finally got a chance to get over to my shop and pic up the issue. Man, it's freakin' awesome. I really love the art. It's amazing really and Ennis is writtin' one hell of story with some truly interesting characters. I can't wait to read further...

20. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

I can't find one damn issue anywhere. Hopefully store will stock up on more issue 2's, but this is also the store that never came through on the Dark Design.

21. FlameHead Registered

22. FlameHead Registered

I vowed not to buy this book because it's a waste of money... until actually seein' it in my comic shop the other day. Now I have it safely tucked away in my hold box for the next visit.

Damn you Marvel.

23. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

I only bought 1 issue because of the cover. The framework cover was very interesting to see (actually, for some reason, I like it better than the original.)

If they have another one when I go back to the shop, I'll most likely pick another up to actually check out the extra material.

24. Kuato Registered

Went to my local comics shop and they actually had both issues one and two...finally! I am pretty pumped to read these as these will be my first Ghost Rider comics since I has a wee one...

25. FlameHead Registered

This is quite an excellent question but I would have to think that it's Blaze talkin' through Ghost Rider, though they never refer to him as Blaze and only Ghost Rider... so, it's very hard to tell. I guess we'll have to wait and see.