Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation

I can't imagine anything topping the Ruth-Hoss fight, priceless.

It twas a good bought,but I want to see the title character take names and Kick @$$ like he used too.:( :ghost:

I will say, this was the best issue of the mini so far, however Gamma is right, GR should have really ****ed a lot of people up by now.

The whole series has been pretty poor. Thats right I said it.

Uncanny Orb said:
The whole series has been pretty poor. Thats right I said it.

And it's already been said.

Oh ya? Well it was probably me, and I'm saying it again.

LOL

I don't think GR calling someone a "cracker" helped much either, just doesn't seem like a term GR should or would use. But then maybe thats just me.

Riding Ghost said:
LOL

I don't think GR calling someone a "cracker" helped much either, just doesn't seem like a term GR should or would use. But then maybe thats just me.

no...it aint just you...the idea is LAME.
the series has great art, true...story is ok....but this just isnt GR. i was hoping it would pick up and actually show GR as the true ash kicker that he is....but so far nada.

There's one issue to go and, frankly, I fear for Miss Catmint. If anything horrible happens to her...

Well it's too awful to contemplate.

:eek:

Uncanny Orb said:
I can't imagine anything topping the Ruth-Hoss fight, priceless.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome, I gotta agree.

There are a lot of highlights to the book but yeah, it's missing something.

FlameHead said:
There are a lot of highlights to the book but yeah, it's missing something.
A great story, action, stuff like that.

LoL. Yeah, understandable.

I don't hate the series at all but, it is a little slow paced for my liking. Not enough has happened in it yet which is a downfall considering it's only 6 issues. It should be packed with story.

Having said that, there is a bad place of a lot that I like about it too. I mean, it's a thousand times better than that hammer crap series. Bleck.

well, the mini has concluded. What do you think? What prospects do you think this holds for the new game? Do you want Ennis on the developing ongoing?

I liked the Hammer Lane better even though it was lame that GR didnt talk and greysons johnny b seemed off quite a bit from what he should be. Still her GR himself was better I think plus more action.

Parts of this was ok, but overall suckarooo:down

I really really don't like the Hammer Lane series. I wanna say hate but, it's not a word I can say easily... well, I just said it but, you know what I mean.

I'm on my way over to my local shop now to get issue 6. Better be there...

I'll let ya know what I thought.

Coulda been better, coulda been worse. The first two issues were amazing, then the middle two were terrible. I thought it was getting better with 5, but 6 kinda let me down. Did anyone read the review on ign.com? Ouch.

It sucked.Ennis tries to make everything so dark and mature that he forgets to throw the fun elements in for the reader.

Maybe I should pass on picking this issue up from what I've been reading about it.

I voted C
There were parts I liked, issue 1 had a good setup for a good story and good explanation of GR's past. Also thought that scene where hells minions finally caught GR and were carrying him off to bad place looked cool. A few panels of the art I thought were great, but overall I really wasn't that impressed with the look of the comic.
There were parts I didn't like. I didn't like the couple of subtle political references for one. And after reading this mini and pondering the whole thing, I can truly say I think the flames and chains coming out of his mouth was guitared. An ongoing with him doing that will suck ash IMO. No penance stare--no excuse for that. This was not GR, but I still gave it a C because I think it did have a few redeeming qualities, but more of a C- than a C+ :)
If you look at it from the perspective of not knowing anything about GR before reading it, the story was interesting and mildly entertaining at times. Only problem, It had more to do with Kazaan, Ruth and Hoss than with GR. As a story it was good, but as a GR story it kinda sucked.
Really, I'd give HammerLane a C too. It had both good and bad aspects to it as well.
I can't help but hope that Ennis is not on the ongoing, especially if GR can't hold his freakin chain!!

Other than the art the rest was pretty dissapointing.

It was nice to see the real hero of the story shine at the end. Three cheers for Miss Catmint!

Now, I'd like to see an ongoing series: Jemima Catmint: Secretary Supreme. That'd rule.

Oh yeah, that Ghost Strider fella was pretty cool too.

:D

I liked the mini overall, despite it being wholly depressing. Seeing our friend Johnny finally paying the full price for his sins was bleak, and the book as a whole was so utterly nasty at times (the little kid in the diner who sees Ruth...brrr)

However, it's certainly an interesting direction to explore for GR, much more dark and bleak than either volume ever got, and certainly far more epic in feel. I'm hoping for the next mini/ongoing to keep the dark tone, but with some more action! We've seen a few snippets of GR's redesigned powers (the chains out of the mouth were rather Hellraiserish), now let's see him USE them.

Oh, and the last two pages of #6 are incredibly satisfying stuff!

I really didn't want to buy issue six, but I bought all the other damn issues so I really needed closure. While I've never posted on the GR forums, I hope you don't mind my thoughts.

- The art: pretty freaking cool. To me, seems perfectly appropriate for a flat-out Ghost Rider comic book. However: completely wrong for this story. Lots of talking, not enough action, and the action that was there was either lacking or extremely crowded. I'd love to see more Ghost Rider riding through the open road through the desert and less fat crippled old men in mechanical wheelchairs.

- The writing: ooh! Lacking! And it's Ennis! He does such a fantastic job with Punisher, and his Preacher story was of course fantastic. But this... I got where he was going with it, or where he wanted to go, but maybe he should have been story consultant and not flat-out writer. "Buttview?"

- The story: nah. Ennis thinks creatures from the afterlife are dukeebags. We get it. If you want to tell a story about etherial hypocricy, write an original story. If you want to write a story about a man with a flaming skull for a head who made a pact with the devil, DO THAT! Don't waste my time talking to "Ms Catmint."

- The character: Is GR usually a whiner? And a dupe? Because he was both in this story.

Overall, I'd say the whole thing was kind of meh, but definitely had potential. I'd like to see another mini-series putting GR back in the MU without making him boring, but it could be that just isn't possible. A lot of people tell me that Ghost Rider is essentially just a really cool poster, but not much of a comic book. So far, with this as the execution, I'd tend to side with the poster-pimpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"