Ghost Rider Soundtrack

BT18 said:
Hopefully not loser crap metal like they did for Punisher. The Staind song they promoted it with was great but that "Powerman 5000" song they had for the credits rolling and apparently a music video for it was simply awful. It should be hard rock, and classic rock not gothy, "dark" metal, which only utter losers are enthusiasts of.

It should be remeniscant of "Easy Rider" not the pot-smoke filled garage of the ****** who listens to slipknot down the street.
Thank, I agree with you completely. This is what I said should be in it in the "Soundtrack ideas-- the punk classic "Ghost Rider"?" thread.

I think Ghost Rider should have classic Metal for the soundtrack. Stuff like White Zombie, Metallica, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and so on. I'm sick of these Marvel movies with crappy Puddle Of Mudd and Nickelback soundtracks (Punisher, Elektra). I was immediately turned off to both of them. Most people at least appreciate Heavy Metal. I would be really pissed off if they ruin this movie with a bad soundtrack.

I was then *****ed at about getting with the times. Whatever.

What would be a cool idea if they do decide to go w/ current rock music is to have 2 different soundtracks on the dvd. one that has the standard music tracks that would (hopefully) be a mix of new and some old stuff....and have another track that would only have classic 70s rock music. black sabbath, van halen, ac dc, ect. wont ever happen cuz of the $$ involved in getting tracks from all those 70s bands and the fact it would only be heard on the dvd, but it would have been cool for them to do..

The way that MSJ is developing this movie (westernesque), I can't see there being a whole lot of heavy metal music... though we do need something a little hardcore for the Ghost Rider scenes.

There is so much opportunity for this film to create a new sound. I mean, the movie is a Western/Action/Horror flick. That's quite a unique combination. Who knows what the heck that's gonna sound like.

A "western/action/horror flick" sounds like the PERFECT Ghost Rider movie to me.

But seriously, when Ghost Rider flames on, roars into frame the motorcycle and STARES at you, the soundrack better be *M-E-T-A-L*

I obtained an early copy of judas Priests new album Angel of retribution. As you know, they are Sony Artists. Three songs on this album sound like they would be a perfect fit.........Hellrider.....Deal with the devil.........Wheels of fire. The songs absolutely kick ass and the lryics strangely would fit nicely. Makes one wonder if Sony tabbed them early to write some songs for this upcoming flick.

There'll be metal... but it may only be the bike itself... and not the music.

went to sony's music site: http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/
and looked at some of the artist lists that they have...
some that i noticed were Black Sabbath, Ozzy Ozborne, AC DC...which some here have picked as faves for the soundtrack. looking at how Marvel did previous soundtracks for their recent films it doesnt give me alot of hope that we will see any classic music/metal bands on the line-up. im hoping that they will treat this one a little differently than their other films and possibly put something together that will have both new and classic metal music.

I sent a little pm to a mod to ge this one merged with the other soundtrack thread. Be on the lookout for that... so this conversation is not lost.

Shadow's Fall should be on the soundtrack in my opinion.

01. AC/DC "Hell's Bells"
02. Collective Soul "Counting the Days"
03. Demon Hunter "Annihilate the Corrupt"
04. Disturbed "Darkness"
05. Earshot "Control"
06. Godsmack "Releasing the Demons"
07. Green Day "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
08. Henry Rollins "Ghost Rider"
09. Korn "Let's Do This Now"
10. Metallica "Until It Sleeps"
11. Mudvayne "Happy?"
12. Nine Inch Nails "Hurt"
13. Offspring "Lightning Rod"
14. Rob Zombie "Demon Speeding"
15. Shinedown "Burning Bright"
16. Slipknot "Three Nil"
17. Spineshank "Self-Destructive Patterns"
18. Static-X "S.O.M"

GraveDigger said:
01. AC/DC "Hell's Bells"
02. Collective Soul "Counting the Days"
03. Demon Hunter "Annihilate the Corrupt"
04. Disturbed "Darkness"
05. Earshot "Control"
06. Godsmack "Releasing the Demons"
07. Green Day "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
08. Henry Rollins "Ghost Rider"
09. Korn "Let's Do This Now"
10. Metallica "Until It Sleeps"
11. Mudvayne "Happy?"
12. Nine Inch Nails "Hurt"
13. Offspring "Lightning Rod"
14. Rob Zombie "Demon Speeding"
15. Shinedown "Burning Bright"
16. Slipknot "Three Nil"
17. Spineshank "Self-Destructive Patterns"
18. Static-X "S.O.M"

THAT is a very good soundtrack right there. :-D

THAT is a very good soundtrack right there. :-D

Thanks!

For a moment i was thinking that i may have put way too much thought and time into it, lol. I think that would be a good blend of music, Hard and mellow. And all of the song's lyrics contribute to the theme of the movie... Or so i believe.

::Note:: "Happy?" is a new song from Mudvayne that's going to be on their new cd in April, And it's kickass!! You might be able to find lyrics to it somewhere.

Most things you post here won't go unnoticed. Don't fret if nobody ever says anything though. We appreciated the time you put into it.

If i knew more about music I'd comment more on the actual list you provided... but I don't, and therefor I can't.

The movie starts out with a fade in of a biker driving down a long, desert road. You only see the riders point of view.
On the screen you see: Marvel comics and Sony presents:

Then you hear the bells............AC/DC "Hells Bells".....

GHOST RIDER

another possible senario:

Same image except for the opening tune is Stone Temple Pilots "Dead and Bloated".........whatchathink?

I like how that sounds but I'm a bigger fan of scores. I'd rather have an original composition, something mood setting to open the movie with.

I just know Evestince will be on it. Why? Because can you seriously think of any of the Marvel movies without them? I can only think of The Hulk.

drwalle said:
The movie starts out with a fade in of a biker driving down a long, desert road. You only see the riders point of view.
On the screen you see: Marvel comics and Sony presents:

Then you hear the bells............AC/DC "Hells Bells".....

GHOST RIDER

another possible senario:

Same image except for the opening tune is Stone Temple Pilots "Dead and Bloated".........whatchathink?

Show no mercy by WASP....

H.R.

DarkKnightJRK said:
I just know Evestince will be on it. Why? Because can you seriously think of any of the Marvel movies without them? I can only think of The Hulk.

I can only think of DD having any songs from them (provided you mean Evenessance)... but that's only because I watched it yesterday. Which other marvel flicks have songs by them?

we'll see what happens.. by the way, did anybody bother to get the Punisher or Elektra soundtracks?

DarkKnightJRK said:

i know...and im soooo tired of it too.
they must have some kind of serious hook up w/ Avi Arad...heh

Hypestyle said:
we'll see what happens.. by the way, did anybody bother to get the Punisher or Elektra soundtracks?

I have the Spider-man, Daredevil, Punisher and Elektra soundtracks.

DarkKnightJRK said:

They weren't attatched to Spider-man, Spider-man 2, X-men, X-men 2, Blade, Blade 2, Blade 3, or The Hulk.'

And only Amy Lee, the vocalist, was on the Punisher soundtrack. In a duet with Seether. So Evanescense was not on that soundtrack either.

You lose. :(

There are no winners and there are no losers. There is only discussion.

I think there's a song that could play very well in a fast packed Ghost fight scene.
Although is classified as techno it has leading bass, guitar solo(it's somewhat very rockish), and recalls very much "I am the way of the future" the song it played in "The crow" when Eric fought with katana the entire gang in a hail of gunfire.
I am talking about "Ultra" by KMFDM. It has been used in "Street fighter the animated movie" in the fight between Vega and Chun Li and recently in the OAV "Ghost in the shell man machine interface".
The lyric also is very "compatible" :D

KMFDM - ULTRA LYRICS

When you peel back my eyes,
I see the pain and feel alive.
My hatred heaps upon this fire,
that burns inside and you blow higher.
But I don't need to you anymore.
You cannot hurt me anymore.

Keep it away from the fire unless you want it to burn.
It burns - wildfire.
Give it to me!
Your wildfire - don't take it from me!
Wildfire - give it!

And when you take me in your mind,
into this dirty sodden shrine.
I do not need you anymore.
You cannot hurt me anymore.

It burns - wildfire.
Give it to me!
Wildfire - give it to me!
Set on fire - don't take it from me!
Your wildfire - take it!

When you peel back my eyes,
I see the pain and feel flive.
My hatred heaps upon this fire,
that burns inside and you blow higher.

It burns - wildfire.
Give it to me!
It burns - wildfire - don't take it from me!
Wildfire - give it!
You caught on fire.
On fire.
On fire - I do not need you anymore.
Fire - You cannot hurt me anymore.
Fire - give it, give it to me!
On fire - I do not need you anymore.
Fire - You cannot hurt me anymore.