Ghost Rider TV Show?

FlameHead said:
Figured I'd bump this as there has been a couple of comments about TV Ghostie lately...

With talk at the Con that Nic only wants to do a sequal if it's better than the first, it could be more likely that a TV show is developed instead. Who knows.
Yea something about Nic he's such a great guy that he'll do sequals if the fans loved it but the box office results weren't so great.

FlameHead said:
Figured I'd bump this as there has been a couple of comments about TV Ghostie lately...

With talk at the Con that Nic only wants to do a sequal if it's better than the first, it could be more likely that a TV show is developed instead. Who knows.

Wait a minute!
FH, there is a rumor about a GR tv show?
Damn, i misssed that.
Of course, movies are the best way to see our heroes. Big screen and all.
But, GR every week?
Come on! It would be cool.
I didn´t saw Blade the series yet, but the comments are great.
Blade is an awesome character. The firts 2 movies are the best of Marvel´s, my opinion. The third? Goyer ruined it all.
Anyway, let´s wait.
:)

Sorry about the confusion Burn but, there are no rumours of a GR tv show as of now. This is just a general conversation about it, whether we want it and what's we'd like to see if there was one.

The Blade series is really freakin' great so far. I'm totally into it and couldn't be happier really. Of course, I'm a huge Blade fan as well and probalby biased but, It's good. It really is.

Point well made about Fox. They do tend to get rid of their most expensive sci-fi shows very quickly (X-files being the only exception I can think of).

That said, I do think that with the right backing and good writing, a live action Ghost Rider series could work, however if it did have to be animated I'd want it to have an adult tone and I just don't know of many networks that would air it in prime time (where I'd like to see it). Maybe they could work something out with some network, but I want more than just 10 or so episodes like the animated Spiderman series that was done for MTV. I want at the very least 15-20 episodes or I see little point to even trying. If they are going to do it they need to do it right and not half assed.

Oh and parts of it need to be CGI. I think that's a must in order for it to be right on par with todays best animation. I don't know how they'd make it work, but I'd like for at least the flames to be CGI.

If I were in charge of the animated series I'd have Johnny Blaze done in traditional cell animation throughout the entire show, but whenever he transforms into Ghost Rider he goes from traditional animation to completely CGI along with the hell cycle. That's how I would lend that extra added umph to the Ghost Rider character.

Spawn and Hellboy are both great examples of cool gritty cartoons, but they were both done to be aired on HBO so I wouldn't mind seeing GR on HBO but I don't know how many people would actually be tuning in.

MarvelMovies said:
Now there's a STYLIZED cartoon.

Spawn had the perfect animation for that character.

Not too cartoony and not too dark -- though it had that dark, scary factor to it. If the same people who did Spawn could work on a Ghost Rider cartoon, we'd have something on our hands then.

Man, Red is gonna **** all over me. Thanks for bringin' this up MM. Sheesh.

I'll get it. I will.

FlameHead said:
Man, Red is gonna **** all over me. Thanks for bringin' this up MM. Sheesh.

I'll get it. I will.

Gorilla%20471049.jpg

I heard they were going to make a series back when GR had a cameo on the Hulk cartoon show but it never took off.

I'm hoping that if enough people vote and the right people see the support given a show might get made.

After you vote please say why you would like to see a series made, what you would like to see happen in the show, and what network you would like to have it on.

That way we can give them a good foundation of ideas to start from.
Please vote

If a series was made I would like it to start from the time he sold his soul you know explain how he became ghost rider.

Then I think it should be animated and look like the new ongoing comic series I think most people like that style.
I would also love to see him hunt down a former Ghost Rider that has escaped hell.

Not really sure what network it should be on maybe HBO that way they could put in anything they want like that Spawn animated series that they had on but then you would have to pay to see it so that would suck.

Maybe Spiketv but it may have trouble getting viewers there.
Definatley no Fox network they would just hold it back and get it cancelled.

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

The TV shows always bring down the movies. They have less money for the show, meaning less budget for effects etc., meaning the Ghost Rider would end up like the Daredevil movie that was made for TV and was horrible.

GR deserves better. Animated would be even worse.

The Rider is Coming.

Ghost Ridin' said:
I heard they were going to make a series back when GR had a cameo on the Hulk cartoon show but it never took off.

I'm hoping that if enough people vote and the right people see the support given a show might get made.

After you vote please say why you would like to see a series made, what you would like to see happen in the show, and what network you would like to have it on.

That way we can give them a good foundation of ideas to start from.
Please vote
I'd LOVE to see either a live-action or animated GR series, and I think we may be in luck.

About 3 months ago, when I was "Iron Man", MSJ and I were talknig (PM-ing each other) about what his next projects would be. He told me about an HBO tv series (atleast, he wants it to be on HBO) he was developing (barely even working on it...it was just an idea he had) but did not specify what. I believe he said it was a comic/superhero based show, but hopefully...it's a live-action GR series! They could show some gruesome stuff on HBO!

It'd have to be cheap though, so I would settle with animated GR.

He also said that anything he's working on will take a backseat to GR2! :yay::yay::woot::woot:

CAH

That's nice to hear.

At least we know he is totally dedicated to GR.

as much as a live series would be cool to see...it just wouldnt work imo.
they will need lots of money to make teh character work on screen..would look silly/cheap otherwise.
better to do an animated version...so many ways they can go and not have to be limited by cgi

I voted for a animated GR series ( wow... ), like the Spawn animated or something. But my heart almost told me to vote a llive action GR series.
Guys, curse me forever or not, but i really like the Smallville series.
I know, sometimes it´s dumb and silly, but, come on!, it´s really cool!
A new perspective about the most classic hero of comic books´?
I really like Smallville.
And i think my Hero can hold a series called "Johnny Blaze", just an exemple. The tales of the young JB, the tales before the curse, the races, the begginning of the relationship with Roxanne, Marvel heroes showing up, and, the 3rd season, who knows, the transformation!
Jeez...
It´s only a dream.
It´s just me.
In my head, works, big time!
GR4EVR!

Is there an audience for it?
I'm looking forward to the film,but I wonder how long would it last.

I wouldnt mind an animated show so long as the style of the animation is close to the comic. What I mean is something new and unique interms of animation. It just better not be something in the lines of Samurai Jack, nor Anime (or quasi-Anime), or even a CG show, but something truly unique that is intune with the dark nature of the comic itself.

The stories should remain dark and gritty intune with the comic and it should be presented for the Teens to Adult level, not children.

Unfortunately, I can't see a television series surviving with a character like Ghost Rider. I can't see it garnering enough of a following to earn the needed ratings to keep the series afloat. So I will have to say no.

Marvel should focus on the current movie, and see if this is successful enough (in box office and dvd sales) to require a second movie.

A live-action tv series is always going to have less money than a big budget feature film. Especially a character like Ghost Rider is very time consuming and expensive to create so i really doubt that that is going to happen.An animated show has much more possiblities of happening since its less expensive and will probably have more longevity than a live-action GR show.Marvel really seem to be interested in the animated market as well lately.So hopefully they and Sony will see potential in a animated series.

A cartoon would be good. Not a cheap cartoon.

A dark one with good animation.:up:

If they were to make an animated series I'd like it to be dark and gritty and to look something like the comic.

Like right here

ghost-rider-20060725101137187.jpg

Yeah the comic kicks butt. I think GR 5 comes out tomorrow. Finally!

After the cool pic post I think I might have to reconsider the Cartoon/Animated series. I don't know if it is dark if it will be successful, but heck Samurai Jack is pretty different and I love that so ...

Animated Series - changing to a yes ...

TV series ... please for all that is Johnny Blaze ... NOOOO!!!!

I'd love to see a Gr animated series. It's a whole lot cheaper and it is possible to put it on a pay channel like hbo and make it so it's not dumbed down.
Hi by the way Ghost Ridin', we're practically neighbors, I'm up in Rogers. :D

Whoa I'm in Mabelvale but since no one knows where that is I just say near Little Rock.:whatever:

but yeah I'd definately order HBO if GR had a show on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back