Ghostbusters Animated Series | Netflix

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
'Ghostbusters' Animated Series in the Works at Netflix (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety

A new “Ghostbusters” animated series is in development at Netflix, Variety has learned exclusively. The series hails from Sony Pictures Animation, with Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan of Ghost Corps, Inc. onboard as executive producers. Reitman and Kenan recently co-wrote the live-action feature “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” with Reitman also directing.

Exact plot details on the new animated series are currently being kept under wraps. No writer is attached at the time of this publishing. Production will be handled by Netflix and Ghost Corps, Inc., which is based at Sony’s Columbia Pictures

Sweet! Been wanting a new Ghostbusters animated show for the longest time now

Honestly, I would kind of like them to get House of Cool to do it. They have been using some fun techniques in He-man that I think would be great with the ghosts.
That's a decent shout, SB. :up:

Oh cool! I wonder what sort of vibe they’re going for? Like, an avatar the last airbender type thing or like Star Trek lower decks? I could see them aiming for lower decks

I'd definitely check it out.

I only vaguely remember the original Gostbusters animated series from the 80's and out of curiosity after seeing this thread I decided to look it up. I couldn't even remember the exact name of the show, it turns out it was called The Real Ghostbusters, probably because there was another completely unrelated cartoon that came out the same year called Ghostbusters.

For some reason I though it was a short lived series, maybe just 1 or 2 seasons, but it hung on for 140 episodes over 7 years.:wow:

I wonder if Netflix will snag the rights to the original series when the new show comes out? I'd check it out just for the nostalgia factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"