Sequels Giant man/Goliath?

Tymminator

The Main Man in Minnesota
Reaction score
Do you think he should first appear here, or in a Avengers movie?

And should it be Pym or should it be Foster?

That would leave Pym to more or less, take on his WCA persona as simply "Dr Pym".

Upcoming antman movie has killed off any aspect of giant man existing IMO which is a shame

We really don't know until we see the execution.

I really enjoy ant man's ability to shrink and communicate with ants, but I personally would really enjoy the aspects of giant man. I think they will leave hints in ant man that it is possible to transform into giant man, and then build up to him actually doing it in AV3.

Upcoming antman movie has killed off any aspect of giant man existing IMO which is a shame

It hasn't actually. Scott Lang was also Giant-Man in at least one continuity (the Ultimate one) and they could just as easily introduce Bill Foster as Giant-Man or Goliath.

People take the fact that Pym is not the lead Ant-Man to mean so many things can't happen but it's not as though the movies haven't taken liberties with canon before.

I don't think Giant Man plays well on screen. Besides, what's the point when Hulk is running around? How much bigger would the character be than Hulk? I'd rather see a Hank Pym prequel or a Future Foundation sequel if the Ant-Man franchise expands.

I think Fox probably own the rights to the Future Foundation as they spun out of the Fantastic Four brand.

Growth is a equal part of Pym's size changing power and he has been shown to grow or shrink into different planes of existence.

Being able to grow and have increased strength takes nothing away from the Hulk. There are numerous large and super strong characters including those who have already appeared in the MCU like Kurse, Abomination, Drax The Destoryer, ect.

Plus, Giant-Man can grow to like skyscraper height. Completely different scale than Hulk. Zero redundancy here. I would absolutely love love love the post-credit scene for Ant-Man to be the following...

Pym (Douglas) tells Lang (Rudd) that he can keep the Ant-Man suit and that he's working on something else. Lang cheekily asks Pym if he's retiring. Pym simply replies by asking Lang to step back. Lang is unsure of what Pym means, but knowing that Pym (more often than not) means business, complies. Pym flips a switch. Nothing happens. Then he grows. And grows. And grows. Cut to black.

I would love for a ****ing 70 foot tall Michael Douglas to go up against Thanos. Why are so many people seemingly against this? Give Pym his heroic send off in Avengers 3, if they must. Yea, it would be a case of conveniently-killing-the-non-franchisable-old-guy, but would work perfectly for the Pym character as well as the MCU.

Because it'a not like Marvel utterly change the origin story of their characters compared with the comic counter parts?

My Ant-Man stinger:
Giant Man vs Fin Fang Foom in Japan!

Think he will go big at the end of Ant Man. Possibly while fighting the big bad.

After watching Attack on Titan, I REALLY fell in love with the idea of watching a 70 foot grown man/woman kicking ass on the big screen. If they don't save Giant man for the sequel, hopefully we'll see him in the other satellite Marvel movies.

Think he will go big at the end of Ant Man. Possibly while fighting the big bad.

Yea I'm predicting something similar. Maybe Hope Van Dyne grows as the "surprise" twist, and stomps a few villains.

It would definitely be nice to see this before we get to a sequel, but I'd like to think we'd see Giant-Man/Goliath in a sequel & within an Avengers film. It'd help vary things up and keep it more interesting.

curious. If the ant-man movie has a solo sequel at all, I don't see Giant-Man/Goliath as part of the saga. It's almost too much for a co-character to shoehorn them into the plot, and the temptation for camp with the "i'm huge!" sequences loom large.

I'm a little upset if what JoBlo reports is true. Lange IMO should stay Ant-man, if there is to be a Giant-man/Goliath that is not Pym, it REALLY should be Foster.

I think it should definitely be Hank who becomes Giant-Man, especially to make up for not having him create Ultron, getting to be Ant-Man in a movie, etc. I personally think it would be an excellent way to make him go crazy, one of the most notable aspects of the character.

I just watched the Ant-Man movie, and my theory would be:
Hank Pym specifically talked about the suit taking a toll on him. We later see that the Pym Particles have a bad affect on people's minds, and that leads us to conclude that Hank was saying that he knew he couldn't use the suit because it would start affecting him more. (Or just because of his emotional past with it.) I think a story that would work well is Hank sees a need for Giant-Man, and since he has the ability to make a suit for that he does. He feels for whatever reason, whether trust issues (he doesn't trust Stark, Shield, etc, he obviously trusts very few.) or possibly the reason is he knows that the mission and use of the Giant-Man suit could result in the death of whoever uses it, but whatever the reason be, he decides he must wear the Giant-Man costume, even though he knows he risks his sanity. All is fine for the mission, but it leads him to use the suit more and more, and eventually he goes crazy. This would actually work similarly to the comics in the sense that he goes crazy before Giant-Man, only in this case he would go crazy while being Giant-Man. It would be a good time for him to start being Giant-Man in Civil War honestly, as he seems so against Stark, Shield and anyone else who want's to control people. Could easily happen after, I just think it would work extra nicely, not to mention so many people claiming Giant-Man will be in Civil War. Personally I think introducing him would have to take more from the story than it should, unless they just showed him put on a new suit and go into battle and people know that of course he is going to be Giant-Man.
Obviously take it as a shrunken (or perhaps enlarged?) grain of salt. It's just what I think would work out well. :)

Last edited:
I really doubt we'll end up seeing Pym suit up. It would be really cool though. But he trusts Lang so It'll probably end up being him.

I really doubt we'll end up seeing Pym suit up. It would be really cool though. But he trusts Lang so It'll probably end up being him.

Unless... Scott dies in Civil War...
:wow:
[/Conspiracy]
Not to mention, Superheroes crumbling apart, and he just sits there watching as he allows Scott to use his suit, and his own daughter fighting in the war... I think he would see a time to stand up and fight for whats right, thinking that the worst that could happen is him dying, and he knows he's already old. Like I said, even if he did go crazy, he would probably see that risk as worth it to fight for what's right.

Last edited:
Unless... Scott dies in Civil War...
:wow:
[/Conspiracy]
Not to mention, Superheroes crumbling apart, and he just sits there watching as he allows Scott to use his suit, and his own daughter fighting in the war... I think he would see a time to stand up and fight for whats right, thinking that the worst that could happen is him dying, and he knows he's already old. Like I said, even if he did go crazy, he would probably see that risk as worth it to fight for what's right.

The Ant-Man movie just happened. Marvel isn't going to kill him off in the next movie. The movies aren't the comics.

I don't think Giant Man plays well on screen. Besides, what's the point when Hulk is running around? How much bigger would the character be than Hulk? I'd rather see a Hank Pym prequel or a Future Foundation sequel if the Ant-Man franchise expands.

Pacific Rim? King Kong? Godzilla?

People love giant creatures ripping a city apart. Hulk isn't the same.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Bill Foster as a scientist friend of Hank Pym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"