Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

Eh, I found the Lady Avengers scene a *little bit* forced and cringy, though admittedly that's probably because of how Captain Marvel was the focus of it. If Scarlet Witch or Valkyrie were the centerpoint, I'd probably not have any complaints. Even so, its hardly worth more than a momentary eyeroll at worst. The entire final battle was basically one half fan service "moments of cool", complaining that something is thrown into it because its trying to be cool is kind of silly.

Yeah I mean when it gets down to it, superhero movies ARE fan service. They can obviously be much more than that, but at the end of the day, the only reason Hollywood is cranking these movies out is because they know that if they appeal to the right people in the right way, it’s a gold mine. I’ve known a few people on the feminist side who weren’t crazy about the “girls get it done” scene, but for the most part, I feel like the majority of people “cringing” over it are fragile male fanboys who can’t handle seeing a woman throw a punch.

I don’t know. People pick and choose, but I don’t think women throwing a punch bothers the majority of fanboys. I mean, Terminator 2, Aliens and Kill Bill are beloved geek properties and have plenty of girl power moments (and female leads at that) and that didn’t cause any fanboy “backlash”.

It’s definitely in the execution of scenes but that’s for anything really. And you’ll always have the extremists. Some scenes just work better than others.

pedropascal.png

Love this.

Why is the title of this thread like this? Wow, I'm just...

I love Gina as Cara, I was happy to see her have more action in the last episode specially.

Why is the title of this thread like this? Wow, I'm just...

I love Gina as Cara, I was happy to see her have more action in the last episode specially.
Gina Carano has been the subject of controversy as of late due to some of her recent tweets on COVID-19, voting, various social issues. She's become a pariah through many circles of the Star Wars community.

So I guess Star Wars communities still haven't mastered the art of separating an actor's views and personalities from the character. Sad that someone always gets singled out and beat to death *sigh*. Thanks for the info though.

So I guess Star Wars communities still haven't mastered the art of separating an actor's views and personalities from the character. Sad that someone always gets singled out and beat to death *sigh*. Thanks for the info though.

They don't have to. I wouldn't want to contribute to an a-hole making more money while in her spare time she makes fun of people and spreads dangerous views.

See... At this point... After literally hundreds of thousands of deaths...

You'll forgive me if any defense of MAGAs and their allies sounds tin eared at best.

People are absolutely right on a personal level to feel what they feel about those who are going out of their way to make it known either how habitually misinformed or maliciously vicious (Or BOTH) that they are.

I feel very strongly about this.

I am NOT asking for the government to step in. No one should have their Constitutional rights violated.

But SOCIETY and CULTURE separate from Federal or local government needs to come together and make these people and their views unacceptable in polite society.

Because again... The stakes were never about Righties or Lefties' "feelings". The stakes are civil society and real people's lives.

Defending or allying with the MAGAs?

Yeah sorry... There isn't a carve out for celebs.

There are hundreds of thousands dead and irrefutable evidence of corruption, ineptitude and plain old idiotic notions of how the government should work.

From Kurds to Americans on ventilators who died choking on their own phlegm this is a MASSIVE amount of blood on the hands of... A lot of other people.

Go out of one's way to hitch one's wagon to the MAGA star and well... Expect a not inconsiderable amount of other Americans to have zero respect for one's character, intellect and judgement.

I will never not say this because it is the truth as I see it...

Lt. Aldo had it right.

If it were up to me after so many dead people in the span of four short years (Hey... Remember BEFORE 2020when all those Puerto Ricans by the thousands died and Trump threw paper towels as his solution?) I would staple that stupid ****ing hat on the head of every MAGA so that for all time we can know who lacked the most basic forms of critical thinking, moral values, self awareness and base line empathy.

As a society we HAVE to not just let this go.

That is how we got into this in the first place. The people, not just elected but our friends and neighbors too, who brought us the Invasion of Iraq were all let off the hook. Some of them got ****ing medals for Christ's sake.

Not this time.

You reap the seeds you yourself planted.

In this case from a revived white supremacist movement, a cratered economy and again.... Hundreds of thousands dead these folk planted a lot.

What they reap from that at a minimum should indeed be the scorn of a not inconsiderate amount of their fellow citizens.

And before anyone chimes in that said scorn was what made the Trumpers Trumpers to start and we need to take that into consideration.... Sell that **** to the tourists. That is the reasoning of a petulant teenager being called on their actions and trying to change the subject and evince some sympathy where none is warranted.

There are good reasons to be more than just upset at the MAGAs. Very good reasons backed up by the literal facts, sober analysis and evidence available. And our anger is based on that and thus our outrage is genuine.

I don't give a **** what others think.... I view these folk as I would the KKK or Neo-Nazis. Renounce what you've done and said in the past and try to open others caught up in Right Wing fantasias to get out and all is forgiven. If not? Well then you don't deserve much outside of my disdain.

The people coming to her defence still, just are too intellectually lazy to find out her problems. Similar to Caity Lotz from the CW shows, for doing the literal same crap that Gina did here, associating with Bigots and anti-mask weirdo types. Then freaking when their former fans call them out. It's really sad that these women pal around with lowlifes like they do, given these boneheads are the same people who slander them for not fitting their idea of what a woman is.

You play with trash, don't whine about people complaining about your smell.

Funny, you folks call it cancel culture, the rest of the world calls it accountability for your words and bad opinions.

Gina's been liking some pretty horrid stuff on Twitter. I think it's fair to say that she supported the mob in DC.

The people coming to her defence still, just are too intellectually lazy to find out her problems. Similar to Caity Lotz from the CW shows, for doing the literal same crap that Gina did here, associating with Bigots and anti-mask weirdo types. Then freaking when their former fans call them out. It's really sad that these women pal around with lowlifes like they do, given these boneheads are the same people who slander them for not fitting their idea of what a woman is.

See, the anti-mask stuff I can be sympathetic to. The pandemic is a direct effect on their ability to do their job. So, I see why they would be for stuff that assumes things that would let them do their jobs. And make money, as a lot of them depend on conventions.

Pity about Caity Lotz, though...

If anything I take a dimmer view of the anti-mask stuff than anything else, because I work with the public and people refusing to wear masks puts me at greater risk.

Damn....Lotz too? Really not a good look having people in empowering and praised roles actually undermining all of it in real life.

If Gina is still openly being stupid on social media, especially over that stuff in America, I can't defend her anymore.

The only threat 'Cancel Culture' has to decent people is finding out someone you valued is a mixed bag. Being 'cancelled' isn't this crazy powerful wave that immediately ruins good people's careers. It normally plays out as a history of dodgey behaviour that snowballed and now a person has become too toxic to get big breaks anymore. Big deal.

It's really not that hard to be a decent human being. You don't even really have to be one, just be one in public. We all do that working regular jobs, and these people are in the business of being public figures. It's not too much to keep your stupidity off twitter, and you can be as ignorant as you like at home.

doesn't matter. This thread title sucks. Cancel culture will eat it's own.

Yes poor Gina who was a reoccuring character on a popular TV series and has her own spin off show.

The woman as a person sucks.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me who was faced with "cancel culture" and didnt deserve it?
And im not talking about a few hours trending on twitter and having people **** on them.

Im talking about social media backlash that caused them damage in their careers...when they werent "guilty"?

Because i cant remember in the recent times anybody who didnt "deserve" it.
Most who got "cancelled", were abusers, rapists, toxic people who bullied others, creeps and criminals.

And if one is more upset about a thread title than the fact the person this thread is about...is a transphobic nut job that supports a terrorist attack on the capitol...yeah i think that says enough about such a person.

Can someone tell me who was faced with "cancel culture" and didnt deserve it?
And im not talking about a few hours trending on twitter and having people **** on them.

Im talking about social media backlash that caused them damage in their careers...when they werent "guilty"?

Because i cant remember in the recent times anybody who didnt "deserve" it.
Most who got "cancelled", were abusers, rapists, toxic people who bullied others, creeps and criminals.

And if one is more upset about a thread title than the fact the person this thread is about...is a transphobic nut job that supports a terrorist attack on the capitol...yeah i think that says enough about such a person.
Rosario Dawson? Morgan Freeman?

Rosario Dawson? Morgan Freeman?

Morgan Freeman was accused of harassment by 8 women and he apologized. So he clearly did it.

I know about the Rosario Dawson thing, but has she lost any roles because of it?

Cancel Culture doesnt even cancel the majority. It just puts some of pause but they all come back.

I can only really think of Chris Hardwick (for those who even know who he is) who actually got cancelled immediately (his name was removed from the company he co-founded Nerdist, was put on hiatus from his hosting duties on AMC and NBC) and then got un-cancelled from all that after an investigation turned up nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"