Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

125387304_10159068777212841_6448653962625480093_o.jpg

Honestly, it's why I want her to keep digging her grave. While I don't think the character herself is a write-off, she just keeps making it harder to justify keeping her around. It went from anti-mask posts to liking weird comments, to making fun of trans people and her own co-star after he reached out to her to talk to her, to election conspiracy theories reposted by the president's son, to liking posts saying "release shock troops on antifa!!!!" to joining up with Parler. Where's Disney's tipping point going to be?
That’s about 4 coincidences too many to be any kind of accident. I think she’s reached tipping point already and will be out as soon as possible, but they don’t want to upset the cart in the middle of what is currently a crucial show for Disney + while nearly all other important productions are delayed. Hopefully her contract is fulfilled after the upcoming episodes and we soon see the last of her. A shame also that Deadpool is going to be a little stained now.

Personally I never got the fanfare for the character. Cara Dune herself never seemed like some great character whom we need in this franchise and whom we’ll all be utterly deprived of if she doesn’t return in season 3. She was essentially just a bruiser who joins up with Mando because she needs a war to fight. So if they want to boot the character as well as the actor, I don’t think we’ll be at a loss.

I present to you, that whatever Cara Dune could bring to the table we could get in a better form from Bo Katan.
Her general setup feels common in this Disney era and heck the classic EU, but I felt like they could do something with the general relationship she has formed with the group. They seem to want to have a mismash crew, where having more then one Mando probably doesn't quite work as well. As to the popularity of the character, it really felt like it came from a lot of people who seemed to only know the Star Wars movies. In a world where you have met characters like Aphra, Hera, Bo, Sabine, Tolvan and many others, she doesn't exactly stand out. Like at all. And while Carano isn't the worst, she is most certainly far from a stronger actor.

Also with not just Bo, but Banks character around now as well, she really feels superfluous.

Personally I never got the fanfare for the character. Cara Dune herself never seemed like some great character whom we need in this franchise and whom we’ll all be utterly deprived of if she doesn’t return in season 3. She was essentially just a bruiser who joins up with Mando because she needs a war to fight. So if they want to boot the character as well as the actor, I don’t think we’ll be at a loss.

I present to you, that whatever Cara Dune could bring to the table we could get in a better form from Bo Katan.
Yeah, and that seems like a massive understatement after how good Bo Katan and her crew were in the last episode. Toss out the **** and replace it with magic dust. The next episode is going to struggle to live up to what I saw yesterday.

Did "FireGinaCarano" start trending recently for anyone else or is that my trends being weird again?

What if Cara Dune gets killed off this season?

This could kinda explain why she has been acting the way she has. Probably just doesn’t give a f**k because she’s out?

I mean, if it comes down to Greef or Cara I’d rather have Greef stick around

This could kinda explain why she has been acting the way she has. Probably just doesn’t give a f**k because she’s out?

That could be the case. Or she could just be an idiot with an unbelievable lack of self-awareness. Evidence so far kinda tips one way.

Bo Katan, Sabine, Hera... there are any number of options that would serve just as well, if not much better. And unless they hire Ronda Rousey, they'll have far better actors in the role.

Seriously though, bring in Sabine. I was hoping Banks would be her, but my hope has failed me again.

I can’t imagine I’d be shedding too many (any) tears if that happened. For some reason it’s really hard to separate character and actor in this case. But you might be right. I would have thought she’d be more secretive about her more controversial opinions if she thought she had a future in the show. But then this could have an impact on her broader career too so it might just be that she doesn’t give a **** any more.

Bo Katan, Sabine, Hera... there are any number of options that would serve just as well, if not much better. And unless they hire Ronda Rousey, they'll have far better actors in the role.

Seriously though, bring in Sabine. I was hoping Banks would be her, but my hope has failed me again.
I really wonder if they've managed to cast Sabine in secrecy and we're going to see her pop up on the forest world they mentioned. Part of me thinks they wouldn't manage to keep that under wraps, Ahsoka leaked early in the year, but... maybe... I really want to see how they'd translate her armour into live action after how beautiful Bo's looks.

Hell, they could have Cate Blanchett show up as a Cyborg Governor Pryce who has gone through a random face turn and I’d probably take it.

I think there is zero chance we don't see Sabine at this point. My only real question in this regard is if she comes in this season or next. Considering how many leaks there have been about casting, I feel like we'd know if she was cast for this season.

Part of me wonders if it is next season, simply based on the idea that she is with Ezra somewhere out there, and this will be the Jedi that Ahsoka points Din and Gizmo in the direction of, as I do feel like if we ever see Luke on this show, he is very endgame and Ahsoka is probably still going to be playing that, "I'm not a Jedi" game.

Sabine is genuinely my favourite Star Wars character. I spent forever trying to find the goddamn Disney Infinity figure of her's after it was discontinued, only to find it in a dollar store a year later. Life's weird.

She ****s **** up and makes a show of it, and I respect that. But literally anything is better than Cara "I don't know how to inflect my voice so it sounds like I'm reading a cue card that's being held just off screen" Dune.

Sabine is genuinely my favourite Star Wars character. I spent forever trying to find the goddamn Disney Infinity figure of her's after it was discontinued, only to find it in a dollar store a year later. Life's weird.

She ****s **** up and makes a show of it, and I respect that. But literally anything is better than Cara "I don't know how to inflect my voice so it sounds like I'm reading a cue card that's being held just off screen" Dune.
I knew you were the best of us Cell. :cry:

I think there is zero chance we don't see Sabine at this point. My only real question in this regard is if she comes in this season or next. Considering how many leaks there have been about casting, I feel like we'd know if she was cast for this season.

Part of me wonders if it is next season, simply based on the idea that she is with Ezra somewhere out there, and this will be the Jedi that Ahsoka points Din and Gizmo in the direction of, as I do feel like if we ever see Luke on this show, he is very endgame and Ahsoka is probably still going to be playing that, "I'm not a Jedi" game.
See I’m on the other side of that. I think if we see Sabine and co in Live Action it’ll be in its own thing, in something that’s more of a direct Rebels sequel.

Personally, I hope when they follow up on Rebels properly, that they do it in animation. It feels to me like whatever's the next Filoni animated show might end up forming a sort of trilogy with the other or two from the setup it left, and I'd like to finish that with the versions of the characters that got me into it in the first place. Outside of that though, I'd be thrilled to get Sabine in live action. And I'd be thrilled for Ahsoka too if I liked the casting choice more.

See I’m on the other side of that. I think if we see Sabine and co in Live Action it’ll be in its own thing, in something that’s more of a direct Rebels sequel.
I totally think that is still happening, but as an animated sequel. My only real question is if it is pre, post or even during the Mando. I am still waiting to find out why Whitta was writing Luke dialogue. :funny:

But beyond that, I do think there could be a situation where whatever happened with Ezra and Thrawn at the edge of the universe, could have already played out and we will see that later.

I outright think the Ahsoka appearance this season is a set up for a live action Rebels 2.0. It just makes more sense to me given her popularity, that they’d want to use her in a lead role rather than just have her as a side character in the Mandalorian. Cast some upcoming talents for Sabine and Ezra, get Temuera Morrison in old man make up, Lars Mikkelsen painted blue and you’ve got yourself a stew cooking.

Everyone agrees with me that Camila Mendes should be Sabine, right?

©Perfect Cell 2020. Any rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of this idea is prohibited without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Last edited:

So many superior potential female characters. I’d love to be able to get them all on screen at the same time. Cara Dune is not on that level of potential, even with a recast.

It is amazing that this thread has had as much traffic today, as it ever had, because people want her gone. I know this is our small corner of the universe, but it feels telling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"