Gina Carano is Cara Dune... Unfortunately

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by TheVileOne, Apr 14, 2019.

1. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

That’s great to hear

My dad is doing much better, almost at 100%. But it was a rough couple of weeks at the hospital. Spent two weeks on a ventilator and his last week in recovery doing breathing exercises, learning how to walk again, etc. He lost a good 40 pounds during that time.

Snow Queen and DarthSkywalker like this.
  2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

That just sounds like pure agony, my friend. My sister was in there for a week, and we were incredibly worried. I can't imagine three weeks of this kind of worry, much less what it must have been like for him to go through it. Amazing to hear he is almost back to 100%.

Snow Queen and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  3. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yep.

Cara Dune isn't exactly an integral part of the show. Could easily write her out the show or kill off her character.

4. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Yeah, it was a tough couple of weeks for my family and me. The doctors and nurses were super nice & attentive and kept us in the loop everyday. Once they told us they were taking my dad off the ventilator it was a great feeling.

My dad was heavily sedated so he doesn’t remember anything. Said he just had strange dreams. Once he came to it and started eating on his own he big complaint was how terrible the hospital food was lol

DarthSkywalker and Snow Queen like this.
  5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Priorities. :D

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  6. Holy Slapper Registered

I don't think Pratt's a Trumper. His church in general has questionable teachings but he seems to think his local one doesn't or something. Though you really do have to question why he's involved with the church if he doesn't share their views on a lot of stuff. Crutch?

MurkeNyou likes this.
  7. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Nobody is bad...they’re just people with different viewpoints. I 100% don’t agree with her politics or opinions but I don’t think she’s a bad person. I think you should be able to separate the actor from the character they play.

DarkKnight88 likes this.
  8. Mani-Man Registered

Hard to say, but i didnt really bother with Pratt...i dont have the patience for overly religious people.
    Being conservative doesnt neccessary mean being a Trumper.
    Pratt seems to be more of simpleton than anything else.
    A Fratboy clown that cant be bothered to think harder about anything, living how he was taught without question.
    But he seems more a live and let live type of guy, at least i havent seen him engage in a lot of ****.

Carano on the other hand made fun of Transgender people, downplaying their struggle and how society treats them.
    I rather take some overly religious sheep than such an *******.
    The Transgender community already has few supporters, sadly even gays and lesbians often arent as openly in support to them...which is a shame because the Transgender community is always there for them and others without question.
    People act like it is just her having "different opinions", but it isnt just that.
    Its that she made fun of Transgender, downplayed what they deal with...mocking them even.

But anyway, we shouldnt derail this thread this much over her.
    The character is really not as important for the show, so firing her is not a neccessarity...there is no reason to make her some kind of martyr for the right by making a big deal out of firing her.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  9. DarkKnight88 Registered

That's a lot of assumption on somebody you don't actually know.

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Nobody is bad? You are arguing that with Trump in the White House, who also happens to have the biggest presence on Twitter?

Bigotry, while technically a different viewpoint, still makes one a bad person. As does engaging in willfully ignorant behavior that results in the spreading of a literal plague. Carano has done both of these things, while supporting others who do the same on a regular basis.

MurkeNyou and CaptainWagner like this.
  11. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

I had no idea Chris Pratt was a religious guy. He doesn’t give off that vibe at all lol

But he comes off as a cool, laid back guy. It really sucks how some so called media clowns came down on him because he didn’t want to participate in a Democratic cause awhile back. He had his reasons to not partake and it’s not like he went on political rants to vote for a certain candidate. I respect that actually

12. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Whatever beliefs Chris Pratt may or may not have, he doesn’t talk about them in public, so he’s not attacking anyone. Unlike the people who like to “cancel” him because they saw it’s the trendy “cause” of the last five minutes on Twitter.

#137 Schlosser85, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  13. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I felt bad for him with that whole “Worst Chris” debacle thing online. Twitter really is a cesspool.

14. herolee10 No More Miracles

It's a shame that we couldn't get someone like Jaimie Alexander to play this role.

[​IMG]

MurkeNyou and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  15. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Didn’t she not get brought back in Thor because she was supposedly difficult to work with?

16. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

That’s a first

I thought it was because of scheduling conflict since she started working on that one show

MurkeNyou likes this.
  17. CaptainWagner Doing It With Worry (P)

Yeah, I think her days in the role are numbered, though I'm curious as to how they handle it. The scripts were likely are written before her Twitter behavior went viral, so I doubt they would have had time to kill her off. It's wholly possible we just never see her again, dead or alive, ala Chevy Chase in Community. And he was a much bigger part of his show.

It's incredibly disappointing, as, despite her not being the best at acting, I was a big fan of Carano's inclusion, as it was refreshing to have a starring actress in a show like this outside of the stereotypical Hollywood supermodel mold. And, you know, she's super attractive. But of course she turns out to be awful :dry:

GREEN =w= DAY and Snow Queen like this.
  18. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

You feel bad for the insanely rich white guy, who loves his homophobic church, sexually harrassed his cast members and crew, and votes Republican because people call him "the worst Chris" on twitter? Also the irony of calling twitter a cesspool, when Pratt is in fact a member of social media, including twitter thus making him a part of said cesspool.

Yeah, he's a crappy person.

Snow Queen likes this.
  19. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Less Cara and more Bo-Katan!

CaptainWagner likes this.
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Bo-Katan hunting down the traitor Cara Dune could be an interesting story. :D

21. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Or perhaps finally introduce Doctor Aphra! She could be the Star Wars version of Indiana Jones

MurkeNyou likes this.
  22. DarkKnight88 Registered

Eh, you’re stretching. And I’ve never heard about this sexually harassing his cast members? Didn’t they all rally behind him when the internet became the very bully they try to condemn?

23. Verbal21 Registered

Don’t care what she does outside the show but looks good to me. Pretty sure a lot of people will lose sleep tonight from being triggered by this:funny:

24. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

The incident I have heard about was that everyone had agreed to him wearing flesh colored underwear for a nude gag on Parks and Rec. They were not getting the reaction they wanted, so Pratt unilaterly went nude, surprising his female coworker. Exposing yourself to coworkers with out their permission is sexual harrassment. Sure, it does appear that he isn't a serial abuser. My personal opinion is an *******, and most of his projects have no interest for me.

Bringing this back to Carano, everything I keep on seeing is that everyone involved with MMA are terrible people, and people should stop trying to make them into actors.

DarthSkywalker and Snow Queen like this.