Gina Carano is Cara Dune... Unfortunately

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by TheVileOne, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

So, most of the charges have been withdrawn by the accuser and there was no settlement.

Look, ultimately I hope that, like this article suggests, Dawson isn’t a violent transphobe. I really would like it if most SW fans could go into the coming Ahsoka content without reservation and get a little bit of enjoyment to make 2020 less of a **** show.

2. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

And going by that article it seems that Rosario Dawson wasn’t even directly involved in that dispute. Seems that at was more of an issue involving the plaintiff and Rosario’s mother.

Iceman and Schlosser85 like this.
  3. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Ahsoka's not my favorite, but she is a big part of the mythos I was always really liked Dawson, so it would be nice if that was the case. Beyond the purely selfish, it would be nice to find out someone transgender wasn't violently attacked.

Snow Queen likes this.
  4. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Parks and Rec. He was suppose to do a scene where he lost his pants, but not actually show anything. He decided it would funnier if he showed everyone his dick. There is actual footage of it, and when it came back up during a certain movement, they had to make it clear that gave him a real talking to.

What am I stretching?

I love MMA. There are some really good people involved, but the are definitely very much the minority, and even they have their... "quirks". Though those are usually more like being crazy in the gym and not this kind of stuff.

This reminded me. I think Tito Ortiz, a complete piece of crap, just won some sort of office in Vegas I think. Celebrity can definitely get you places.

Mani-Man and Snow Queen like this.
  5. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Dawson thing's a good sign, seemingly. Hopefully a proper indication that, you know, a violent assault and discrimination didn't unfold. Though a little funny if confirming that she's clear on it comes out of the same incident that drove home that Gina Carano's the worst.

[​IMG]
    Thanks, guy with the nonsense philosophy.

6. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Uh oh, time to cancel Carl Weathers.

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

She's gone Alt-Troll to a serious extent... Damn though my "Big Strong Woman" fetish was hard to keep in check this episode.

She does expand the definition of beauty and sexual attractiveness in a good way for women I think.

Too bad about the obvious **** personality.

8. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

What have I missed? :confused:

9. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Not much

Gina Carano is a dumbass. That’s pretty much it

10. TheVileOne Registered

It's not even hearsay. They openly talked about it and used it on the outtakes. It was openly talked about on the talk show circuit and at panels. HAHAHA! Chris Pratt, that goofball likes to get naked! And at the time, it was openly talked about Pratt got reprimanded by NBC. Like yeah, he was heavily warned. That was part of the story though before the whole movement.

What a difference five years makes.

#160 TheVileOne, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  11. DarkKnight88 Registered

The only opinion I care about regarding this, is the cast/crew that were there. Everybody else's is irrelevant including opinions on the internet.

12. TheVileOne Registered

It is what it is. I'm not here to judge anyone, but these are the facts.

13. MurkeNyou Registered

It's really crazy that people buy into what should be seen as an obvious ploy/ money grab shakedown with Dawson. She wasn't the only accused person, and the guys story (as it usually happens) fell apart on simple inquiry. But 2 years later, it's still being perpetuated simply because of her political leaning, and who her boyfriend is.

But the Carano stuff is just flatly heartbreakingly disappointing, because she is doing the stupid "If I laugh along, they won't laugh at me" crap with meatheads and dullards she associated with. Stuff like this explains why it may not be her acting ability, that got her career held back. I really liked her, but she should have been more Dolly Parton/ Cher about how she handled her fandom.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  14. MurkeNyou Registered

No, he's on point. Free Speech doesn't cover this stuff. It's about people, not opinions.

Racists and Bigots are bad people, who should be blackballed and shunned. Especially, if they are like Carano, they are willing to lose new wide ranging fan support to appeal to Loser Culture like she has over the past year.

I was a fan of hers till all this crap was put under the spotlight. Now I literally cannot see her the same.

Deck Rickard and KRYPTON INC. like this.
  15. TheVileOne Registered

Are you saying the online campaign against Dawson was an alt-right QAnon or bot conspiracy trying to gaslight people? IE Stormfront in The Boys?

16. MurkeNyou Registered

Given the dozens of things they've done/ pushed in the media against other celebs, undoubtedly. This is their thing, they smear people with these online whisper campaigns. But they are so thuggish and crude, once you start questioning the contrary facts they are stating & investigating details, it all falls apart. Like this Transexual person has a history of fraud and grift before this "assault", it is why the story never got traction.

Schlosser85, Iceman and TheVileOne like this.
  17. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Like that girl who made a rape allegation against Justin Bieber that fell apart in five minutes when Bieber produced the receipts proving he wasn't even staying at the hotel where she claimed it happened.

And then it turned out there was a whole group on Twitter planning to make fake rape accusations against a list of young male celebrities.

18. TheVileOne Registered

I don't think this is quite the same thing.

The hypothesis Rosario Dawson was targeted and accused of being transphobic when she's historically been someone who is a political activist, liberal, and very pro-LGBTQ. And it's the work of bad faith operators on Twitter trying to direct the outrage mob against her.

Difference being with Gina Carano is getting criticized for things she's actually posted on social media.

19. herolee10 No More Miracles

20. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Set up^

and Reminder..

Not a joiner...? Yet she's default following their rules. As she says with a Rebel tattoo on her cheek.
    Pretty clear this is her spin off show....
    [​IMG]

Although the way she worked with Fennec Shand in today's ep., they might have her be the first recruit into her Ranger squad.

#170 Mondragon, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  21. Elektra1 Dark Side

I hate the idea of Gina Carano getting her own show

Deck Rickard likes this.
  22. Mysteryman Registered

if the show is good, I do not care about the political beliefs of the stars.

23. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Same here, I just want more quality SW.

24. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

Mmh. I still like her in the show.
    I don't mind nor follow actors or celebrities on social media (I don't use social media at all anyways).

25. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

I don’t like her as a person from what I’ve seen of her views, but I don’t see it as relevant to Cara Dune.