Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

Except didn't Favreau himself say this show is set right after Return of the Jedi?

Carl Weathers got along with her as well, so... ?

And Bill Burr was pretty great this season. His "Operation Cinder" scene was one of the best scenes in the series so far.

Carl Weathers got along with her as well, so... ?

And Bill Burr was pretty great this season. His "Operation Cinder" scene was one of the best scenes in the series so far.

So nothing. People can be nice to your face and talk crap about you online. She's proven that she thinks BLM is the real terrorist group. Regardless of how she treats Carl as one person, she doesn't view black people the same.

Bill Burr as an actor is whatever. Bill Burr as a person and comedian is annoying as hell.

Perhaps then Disney can unburden him by letting him go as well.
Lucasfilm: "Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Meanwhile, in other Mandalorian stars,
“Like that dude is now a woman. No, that is a dude. That’s not a woman. It’s still a dude. It’s just a different kind of dude. It’s like when someone buys an old car and takes the chrome off it. That’s what they do to their crotch”

But it's just a joke, bruh.

Nothing bad can come from a millionaire with a large platform repeatedly yelling bigoted statments that get people killed and then claiming "it's just a joke, broski."

Meh

I love Bill Burr and always enjoyed his standup

Some people really need to lighten up on comedians and stop expecting them to be so damn PC
Yeah, like minstrel shows, am I right?!

Can you explain what is so funny about dehumanizing a group of people who are constant targets of harassment, for which their very existence is questioned, that has led to a sadly very high suicide rate amongst them? This is before we get into the also very high murder rate.

Yeah, PC culture is definitely the issue in this situation.

"Just joking" is the go to defense of bigoted statements. And even then, jokes can become normalized.

Its why i dont bother with comedians too much.
This whole "its just a joke" "its their job to offend people" blahblah doesnt fly with me.

As if "im just joking" is a good excuse.
What do people think bad stereotypes were? They were created as Jokes, to make fun of people in a vile manner...and it lead to many still dealing with it.

If anything, people should expect comedians to be better.
Its easy to point at someone, say something mean and laughing about it...but that is not comedy to me.
Thats being an ******* human.

This whole "its just a joke" "its their job to offend people" blahblah doesnt fly with me.

What do people think bad stereotypes were? They were created as Jokes, to make fun of people in a vile manner...and it lead to many still dealing with it.

Its easy to point at someone, say something mean and laughing about it...but that is not comedy to me.
The basic tenet of always punching up is something a lot of "comedians" should consider more often.

I prefer the kinds of comedians who are there to have a laugh along with everyone and without it being at anyone's expense. Some are really good at that.

I have stayed out of the whole Gina Carano drama for the most part but what do those people who are now trolling the Star Wars youtube channel think they are actually accomplishing? All people have to do is stop reading through the comments (something very few people do anyways) and then come back once those idiots move on to their next identity politics tirade.

I sure hope everyone going on that trolling campaign is like 15 years old because if not that just makes them look really sad.

Bill Burr defending her is unsurprising. The guy isn't socially or politically aware, like his awareness clock stopped in 1998.

"She was supernice" to the white, conservative, New England raised guy, no kidding.

I have stayed out of the whole Gina Carano drama for the most part but what do those people who are now trolling the Star Wars youtube channel think they are actually accomplishing? All people have to do is stop reading through the comments (something very few people do anyways) and then come back once those idiots move on to their next identity politics tirade.

I sure hope everyone going on that trolling campaign is like 15 years old because if not that just makes them look really sad.

I guarantee most people commenting are over 40, and maybe have seen 2 Star Wars films in their life. It's just as bad with Star Trek fandom, I seriously think it's the same weirdos.

I guarantee most people commenting are over 40, and maybe have seen 2 Star Wars films in their life. It's just as bad with Star Trek fandom, I seriously think it's the same weirdos.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me at all if the majority of the people doing that aren't really Star Wars fans at all and they are just people who target popular IP's because they know it will get them some attention.

As someone who escaped from going down that path, they probably are fans. And while outrage business is good business for them, it is only good business because there is an audience for it. I mean, this is the evolution of red letter media.

As someone who escaped from going down that path, they probably are fans. And while outrage business is good business for them, it is only good business because there is an audience for it. I mean, this is the evolution of red letter media.
Wait, have I missed something? I know some YouTube reviewers ("Critical Drinker" comes to mind) clearly play to the angry reactionary fanboy-crowd. But RLM seems to be fairly honest and apolitical in their opinions even when they make fun of films.

As I said, evolution of. I have been told seriously that I "HAVE" to watch the RLM prequel stuff. The RLM created a brand of negativity, something you can trace all the real bad stuff I have to constantly trim from my youtube recommendations. That's not to say negativity is necessarily bad, but the popularity of RLM helped shape a lot of the gater crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"