Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't say clearly if she's still in the movie or not, basically because all this mystery surrounding her status in the movie it's their most efficient marketing strategy until today.

Until the movie premieres we'll only have this
tumblr_n0df5kfWG11rwbnxvo1_500.gif

Well, he said the rescue scene was the only thing he cut from the movie. If he's lying, he's only making things worse. :oldrazz:

What back and forth? It was pretty clear in EW and Empire. He said said her sequence (which is a series of scenes) were cut, but that she would be part of the movie. That reads like a Jane from Thor (picture on the screen and the character is talked about for a minute) Avengers like cameo, where she is "technically" in the movie, but not active in it. The actress was not involved in reshoots last fall when she was free and now she is shooting a tv show that I am sure has a demanding schedule that you cannot come and go at will to do the current few days of reshoots.

Singer seems to like her and I am sure he and FOX did not cut her sequence on a whim, but to better a movie that needs to make tons of money in consideration of the up to $250 million investment (that does not include marketing). I know you all love her (and I too like the character), but all this conspiracy like talking is too much. What looks good on paper and during the filming may not work when you sit down to edit the movie. The movie character usually gets slammed by the general audience and a lot of CBM fans (outside of yourselves), and from what I saw in the trailer, she was going to get some more of that. Maybe Singer realized that he truly does not know what to do with her? But that is another issue.

You may have been disappointed that she was not in the film, but people get cut all the time for various reasons, regardless of fairness. Plus, please do not blow her being cut as some huge outrage outside of some fans. Yes, you were disappointed, but something like Affleck as Batman is still being debated even though the announcement was months ago and the movie is schedule for over two years from now. Now, that is outrage.

What back and forth? It was pretty clear in EW and Empire. He said said her sequence (which is a series of scenes) were cut, but that she would be part of the movie.

The EW article was anything *but* clear. Sorry.

And for the advertised "definitive" response to if Rogue is IN or OUT of this movie, the Empire article wasn't as clear either.

I hope it's not a Jane/avengers situation. It's like promoting Natalie Portman on magazine covers to go see Avengers even though she was on film for a second.

thats EXACTLY how I envisioned a pic of her!

but.... I highly doubt the photographer asked her to do that. :(

A confused look that says "Am I in this movie or not?" :woot:

I don't think she will be giving that look in her promotional pictures, since her pictures were probably shot before Singer announced this "she's been cut" news on Entertainment Weekly.

I don't think she will be giving that look in her promotional pictures, since her pictures were probably shot before Singer announced this "she's been cut" news on Entertainment Weekly.

Sigh....it was sarcasm

And I'm dead

how cool!!!!

is that official or a manip?

on other hand, waiting for the moment that someone says: "Anna Paquin spotted on Montreal to film new X-Men shots"

It's official from X1

Yeah, I don't think Anna is heading to Montreal anytime soon. She was in Santa Monica and Venice yesterday riding her bike around enjoying the weekend. I think she's taking a break with True Blood because she's been laxing in LA for the past couple of weeks.

Honestly, I think Bryan is retconning the Save Wolverine scene by reshooting Kitty into Rogue's role. This way he can leave Rogue clipped from the film. I'm taking Ellen's reshoots as confirmation that he's keeping Rogue out of the movie which from the spoilers it seems that it doesn't matter if she's in the film. He's killing off all the OT anyway.

The EW article was anything *but* clear. Sorry.

And for the advertised "definitive" response to if Rogue is IN or OUT of this movie, the Empire article wasn't as clear either.

You don't need to be sorry, but I don't understand what part of what Singer said is confusing?:

"It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it."

However, I still believe she will be in it via a picture, quick memory or flashback or at the very least mentioned ala Jane in the Avengers. Thus, she is still in the movie. Singer seems to like her so why would he play head games with her and her career? And could you see her on the publicity junket with the other actors with reporters (who can ask some of the most insipid questions known to mankind) relentlessly asking what, why and how this happened? I can't see Singer putting her through that either. That would be cruel for anyone to have to sit through that.

I think Singer was just trying pre-empt things and trying (unsuccessfully) to manage expectations where this character is concerned with the flood of publicity I expect will come next month following the trailer.

You don't need to be sorry, but I don't understand what part of what Singer said is confusing?:

"It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it."

However, I still believe she will be in it via a picture, quick memory or flashback or at the very least mentioned ala Jane in the Avengers. Thus, she is still in the movie. Singer seems to like her so why would he play head games with her and her career? And could you see her on the publicity junket with the other actors with reporters (who can ask some of the most insipid questions known to mankind) relentlessly asking what, why and how this happened? I can't see Singer putting her through that either. That would be cruel for anyone to have to sit through that.

I think Singer was just trying pre-empt things and trying (unsuccessfully) to manage expectations where this character is concerned with the flood of publicity I expect will come next month following the trailer.

This sentence was also part of the ew.com article that you've quoted:

Sadly, this means that Rogue’s screen time has been significantly chopped down as well.

"Significantly chopped down" to anyone who reads it could mean there's still a role there left but chopped down. That article back in December, in a span of 4 paragraphs, jumped around from she's out to she's in but not completely to she's out again.

It's good that the Empire article has come to say she's back again though.

This sentence was also part of the ew.com article that you've quoted:

"Significantly chopped down" to anyone who reads it could mean there's still a role there left but chopped down. That article back in December, in a span of 4 paragraphs, jumped around from she's out to she's in but not completely to she's out again.

It's good that the Empire article has come to say she's back again though.

Again, I never said that she was not in the movie. In fact, I gave examples of how she can still or likely be in the movie. She only filmed of a week (and is not involved in any of the reshoots), so there could only be so much that she and the crew could humanly do in such a short amount of time for such a big, action pack movie with lots of moving parts. That is why it takes months to make a roughly two hour movie like this. Thus, any significant cut in her time will make her more of the background or a quick cameo. I think the Empire article you referenced even talked about Anna being like Nostradamus in talking about her character not doing much in the last movie, but hoped it would not be more of the same for DOFP. That interview or statement was obviously taken way before she found out that her time was significantly cut.

I am not disagreeing with you unless you think Rogue is coming in as some deus ex machina. If that happens, I will be severely disappointed because this movie isn't Oscar bait, but that move would be some of the laziest storytelling and screenwriting ever by prominent and generally good director.

I'm contesting your claim that the EW (and Empire) article(s) were clear about Rogue's involvement in the film. Through the fault of the writer(s) of the article (and maybe with how Singer jumps around in his thoughts during interviews) Rogue's role is anything but certain.

That said, this might be a good thing as knowing either way might potentially spoil the plot/movie for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"