Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 6

Umm, she was not working/busy she they did all those reshoots last Fall and was a free as a bird, so I don't know why people keep talking about her schedule being the reason they could not fit her into the movie. It just did not work out for the character to be in this movie in a meaningful way. That's all.

The reshoots did not happened last fall. I think it happened earlier this year and Anna Paquin was filming the final season of True Blood.

If you didn't read some of the set reports, let me you that it was mentioned that Rogue has a bigger role in the original script but like Halle, was shortened because of their schedule.

I really want to see the cut scenes now. A side mission with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, rescuing Rogue from the former School now turned camp and research facility? Yes, please.

I really want to see the cut scenes now. A side mission with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, rescuing Rogue from the former School now turned camp and research facility? Yes, please.

It will be brilliant. Love how they are actually finishing the special effects.

It will be brilliant. Love how they are actually finishing the special effects.

Yassss!!!! This movie has somehow hightened my exictment seeing this scene!! By far best comic book movie IMHO!!....... tho i will say i could tell where the Rogue scenes were supposed to be. Ellen Page/Kitty however done a good job at almost sucking me in like this was always how it was meant to play out...ALMOST. I can't help but think what could have been for Rogue.

That last scene
just when the sentinels were about to wipe out everyone was soo intense.. i really want to see Anna's take on it cause Ellen done a good job, but it would be even better to see Rogue in that position.... just image the emotion!!!
I really really hope we see the Rogue sequences in full and not just a deleted scene

So excited!

I really hope it's an extended cut that they will give us! An extended cut has a more feeling of continuity. A deleted scene would just provide a feeling of "what if".

So excited!

I really hope it's an extended cut that they will give us! An extended cut has a more feeling of continuity. A deleted scene would just provide a feeling of "what if".

Exactly!!! I did say once that i thought that the reshot scenes where just throw outs and wouldnt be included on DVD...... i take that back because Ellen really does convey that emotion in those final few moments. This is coming from someone who hates her as the character but she done an exellent job.... i hope Anna's version is just as good, if we ever see it... and something tells me we will see the breakout sequence as a deleted scene, but WON'T see her take over kittys power, that way it doesnt muddle up whats being shown.. soneone tell me im wrong haha!!

Now I understand why Rogue was cut from the movie. Her plot line would be odd to the storytelling

Maybe it would be...it depends on how it's edited. They spent a long time in the past without going back to the future, why not spend some time in the future for a change?

So excited!

That would be nice. For such a big movie that will make a lot of money on home video sales as well, they should do it like they did with The Wolverine. Include both theatrical and extended cuts.

^Yep! I hope Singer knows how large the fanbase of Rogue is.

By the way, has anybody noticed the location of Anna Paquin's name during the credits? I think her name appeared within the first ten cast members.

That's pretty high for a "cameo". Same with Famke and Marsden.

Maybe it would be...it depends on how it's edited. They spent a long time in the past without going back to the future, why not spend some time in the future for a change?
The entire narrative is about "fixing" the timeline. From everything we know, Rogue's subplot didn't have much to do with that. The film isn't divided by future/past. It is all about the narrative, and the driving force of the film was the past as that is what needed to be changed.

It's pretty clear where Rogue was supposed to step in with Kitty, and we know she was originally supposed to be part of that whole set up. To say her subplot didn't have much to do with the main plot of fixing the past is just untrue entirely.

It's pretty clear where Rogue was supposed to step in with Kitty, and we know she was originally supposed to be part of that whole set up. To say her subplot didn't have much to do with the main plot of fixing the past is just untrue entirely.
And yet watching the film, did that seem necessary in the least bit? Was it not very effective having only one capable of the feat, and thus once [BLACKOUT]Kitty is injured[/BLACKOUT], the drama is heightened? We arrive at a better version, with less film.

They cut it for a reason. Considering they are finishing it for the home release, shows there was no hard feelings, but they realized it didn't work.

Honestly, I think what happened was necessary, and what Rogue was expected to do should have happened. If where it was supposed to happen happened, then there literally would only be one hope for the past/present/future and it also would have shown the measures and risks taken even when not against a Sentinel.

Honestly, I think what happened was necessary, and what Rogue was expected to do should have happened. If where it was supposed to happen happened, then there literally would only be one hope for the past/present/future and it also would have shown the measures and risks taken even when not against a Sentinel.
It over-complicates what is there for no reason, other then to add another mutant. Considering the caliber of actresses, I think keeping Ellen Page around was smart. Plus, streamlines the storyline. Less is more.

Or do you think they filmed all of those scenes, then cut them just because?

I don't see it as an over-complication. If anything happened to Kitty at any point before she did her job, they fail. Having a plan B is not just 'adding another mutant' it brings it full circle for the first movie honestly.
Rogue was originally supposed to be used as a tool for Magneto, here she would have been a tool to fix everything with the first mutant she ever had a connection with.
So much poetic justice could have been done, in the same amount of time, as what we got.

I don't see it as an over-complication. If anything happened to Kitty at any point before she did her job, they fail. Having a plan B is not just 'adding another mutant' it brings it full circle for the first movie honestly.
Rogue was originally supposed to be used as a tool for Magneto, here she would have been a tool to fix everything with the first mutant she ever had a connection with.
So much poetic justice could have been done, in the same amount of time, as what we got.
This only matter if Rogue is presented. She isn't, and thus is a non-issue. This only becomes an issue because people know they filmed it and then cut it. There is nothing in the movie at all the indicated that Rogue was even alive still.

And the poetic justice is that Kitty, the one who time travels in the comic, is the one that sends Logan back and is responsible for him.

The reshoots did not happened last fall. I think it happened earlier this year and Anna Paquin was filming the final season of True Blood.

If you didn't read some of the set reports, let me you that it was mentioned that Rogue has a bigger role in the original script but like Halle, was shortened because of their schedule.

No. Some the longer reshoots too place in the fall. There were a few days of reshoots earlier in the year. Halle was totally shut out because she was either pregnant or just had the baby last fall, so you could not expect her to do much (although I did like her limited role in the movie). Anna was free last fall (not working on anything) when they did the fall reshoots. After they did the reshoots in the fall they announced (around Christmas time) that they were cutting her character's scene. So, if they wanted to, they could have added her to the reshoots. I mean they could have had her fighting or doing something when they did the reshoots last year.

As the movie stand, it as good and they made the right decision to cut her. The OT had the right kind of suspense and action which would have lost if they crammed her in for no reason other than fan service. What they did with Kitty lifted the tension up for me and felt in the moment that anything could happen. Everything was riding on her keeping it together despite what was happening to her and going on around her. I could see why they said that was bad story telling to leave the scene.

It over-complicates what is there for no reason, other then to add another mutant. Considering the caliber of actresses, I think keeping Ellen Page around was smart. Plus, streamlines the storyline. Less is more.

Or do you think they filmed all of those scenes, then cut them just because?

Darth, I said something similar in an above post. I don't get this cramming in acharacter because you like the actress. I found that I liked Blink a lot (never paid attention to her before) in this movie, but she served her purpose in a limited role and you did not need to expand it in the movie. However, I hope I see more of her because the actress had charisma and good screen presence.

It's not an either or and I stand by that. The movie would not have been any worse if her scenes were left it.

To say...The movie is great so they made the right decision is such a fallacy. The movie was great. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been if Rogue's scenes were left in.

Having too many mutants in the future wouldn't have mattered to me. We could exclude any one of the ones that were actually there apart from Xavier and it not hit the film hard aside from missing that character. What we got was perfectly fine but Rogue taking over from a Kitty who was out for the count due to the incredible strain would have upped the drama for me even if that's seen as an unnecessary over complication. Lots of cool things in films aren't necessary. And I'm not exactly film Rogue's biggest fan, just thought it might be a natural extension of how desperate things are getting that someone who's not used to using this power is now responsible for trying to keep it going (and allowing someone we expect to make it through plot protection (Kitty) to get struck down).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"