Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 6

And then how do you explain Iceman's presence in that scene? Wasn't he supposed to die in the rescue Rogue scene?

The image of Kitty and Bobby in that scene is reshot footage.

Go on instagram and go to the page of roguegram. There is a picture of Rogue in the movie where you see her reflection.

I think that was just green light reflected from one of the glass panels in the temple. I could be wrong, though. I was expecting something like this to happen ever since I saw the B-Roll footage with Anna Paquin just standing along with the crew when shots inside the temple were being taken.

I want too tweet her actually if she's being updated as to the progress of her scenes and if she's aware of the extent of how Rogue would be featured in the extended cut. Last May/June, Kinberg said that they were already finishing the effects in the rescue scene.

Last edited:
We saw Rogue in a BTS image in the temple with everyone that was in that shot.

Didnt lauren say on Twitter we would be getting a extended cut later this year ?
So i dont believe we will have to wait another year.
I aint buying dofp at least until the directors cut.

We saw Rogue in a BTS image in the temple with everyone that was in that shot.

Yep. I saw that, too.

I'm wondering how much of the rescue sequence is already done. Rogue's being cut was announced in December of last year but some promotional pieces contained this brief shot:

OtJcvw.png

Isn't it the scene from the leaked script where Charles watches the burning of the mansion while waiting for Magneto and Rogue?

Maybe the effects were done by now and they are just editing them back to the movie. The only frustrating thing is the long wait until we see it. I just want to hear more word from them.

Didnt lauren say on Twitter we would be getting a extended cut later this year ?
So i dont believe we will have to wait another year.
I aint buying dofp at least until the directors cut.

you bring up a valid point. There's only one person (from Fox though) that has come out and said the alternative version is out next year, which now most media outlets are running with. Then we had Lauren say this year. All so confusing!! I won't except anything until solid confirmation by a Fox rep.

you bring up a valid point. There's only one person (from Fox though) that has come out and said the alternative version is out next year, which now most media outlets are running with. Then we had Lauren say this year. All so confusing!! I won't except anything until solid confirmation by a Fox rep.

Lauren Shuler Donner confirms extended cut,and James Finn @FinnJ (
EVP, MarCom @FoxHomeEnt, @20thCenturyFox family)

Maybe a pony tail? Or a hairstyle similar to her hairstyle when she attended Comic-Con 2013.

I was thinking something short. Don't mind my examples but usually when women transition into a "stronger" or "tougher" role, they sometimes symbolize it by cutting off their hair: Mulan, Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta, Sakura in the animé Naruto, etc.

I don't know. I really prefer Rogue with a longer hair. I didn't like her short hair in the comics and the cartoons.

Producer Lauren Donner made her comments in Early July and James Finn (executive VP of marketing communications) in early August. They probably were planning to release the extended cut this year at one point but changed their minds?:huh:

Although i 'd rather not wait, their strategy makes sense IMO. By next year they'll probably have some footage from X-Men Apocalypse to preview plus they finally get Anna Paquin to do some promotion for it!

Something i was wondering....what has Rogue really learned in her time at the school? Were there any skills she had that could have been useful on the battleground (as a pilot perhaps)? Was she taught any hand-to-hand fighting moves by anybody (Logan)? Iceman and Kitty's powers certainly seemed to have grown over the the course of the movies.
Interesting shot, thanks. Don't remember seeing that in the movie.

Well, I think she learned quite a bit:
-> neutralizing an obstructive/destructive mutant (Pyro at Bobby's house in X2)
-> flying the jet (escaping the dam in X2)
-> using a fellow mutant's power to survive (Wolverine in X1, Colossus in X3)

It's a pity that she's presumed dead in DOFP's theatrical release. Her powers are useful, regardless of how they're portrayed. She can pick practially any mutant power and use it strategically within the team.

Last edited:
Although i 'd rather not wait, their strategy makes sense IMO. By next year they'll probably have some footage from X-Men Apocalypse to preview plus they finally get Anna Paquin to do some promotion for it!

I personally can't see fox getting Anna out there promoting the extended DVD release

But Its likely they are waiting so people will buy the current DVD and then they will release the extended later and people will buy that one too, if you release them at same time only one will be bought

Well, I think she learned quite a bit:
-> neutralizing an obstructive/destructive mutant (Pyro at Bobby's house in X2)
-> flying the jet (escaping the dam in X2)
-> using a fellow mutant's power to survive (Wolverine in X1, Colossus in X3)
Whether she was able to fly the jet properly after Alkali Lake remains to be seen.

Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, Wolverine all seem to be able to hold their own in a physical fight sans powers.Did anyone try to toughen Rogue up by teaching her some combat skills for when they're in a battle mode?
It's a pity that she's presumed dead in DOFP's theatrical release. Her powers are useful, regardless of how they're portrayed. She can pick practially any mutant power and use it strategically within the team.

It would have been nice if her mutation "evolved" like Kitty and Iceman's. Possibly she could hold on to more than one mutant power at once for a longer period of time.
I personally can't see fox getting Anna out there promoting the extended DVD release

But Its likely they are waiting so people will buy the current DVD and then they will release the extended later and people will buy that one too, if you release them at same time only one will be bought

It would be a waste to release the extended cut and not have Paquin doing some kind of promotion.Especially now that True Blood is done!

^ yuh. The frustrating thing about the promotional materials of The Last Stand was how misleading they were. Rogue had promo pics featuring Anna Paquin in full battle attire
rogue_xmen3_wallpaper_1024.jpg

Little did we know that that would only be for the Danger Room scene. But that wasn't as misleading as the ones for Angel which featured Ben Foster in uniform which he never wore in the movie.

Personally, I'm no longer that adamant into seeing a Jim Lee incarnation of Rogue in the movies -- flight and super strength and all. I mean, it would be nice as an easter egg (if Anna could come back one more time) for Rogue to be able to copy some random mutant's flight and super strength even for a short while. I believe that most of the theories last year was that Warpath was a disposable mutant from whom Rogue would get her flight and super strength.

But I'm fine with clean slate Rogue. The writers just have to be creative. Like the writers of Wolverine and the X-Men. I loved the scene where Rogue used Juggernaut's and Kitty's powers side by side . She even stole powers from some ninjas and helped Wolverine during the Silver Samurai episode. Movie Rogue just have to be more pro-active with her powers. X2 was a step into the right direction but The Last Stand was a drastic regression from which the character never seemed to recover.

QUESTION: i was just thinking, since we are getting a director's cut . . . are we getting another soundtrack? Cause I KNOW the score for Rogue's rescue WILL be epic.

Only thing i am interrested in at the moment is a answer to this question:

When will we finally get the extended directors cut ??????

it would totally rock if they got Anna Paquin to do a brief promo video with Ian McKellen or Hugh Jackman & upload a little tease of the rescue scene on YT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"