Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 6

Supposedly she was initially written a much bigger role in this movie (bigger than Rogue cut) and a much bigger X3 role too, but her scheduling conflicts took her out the picture.

Really? That's sad. :( I would've loved her to have a bigger role. I did hear that True Blood came into conflict with her DOFP schedule, but I'm not sure how true that is.

I would love to see Anna Paquin in one more X-Men movie with the rest of the OT cast for one more time. Gahh, all the things I would do just to make this movie happen.

I hope The Rogue Cut reactions will make the producers do something think about this!

So what was her reaction when the Sentinels broke into the temple? was there a slow motion too and eyes shot?

So what was her reaction when the Sentinels broke into the temple? was there a slow motion too and eyes shot?

You can find many gifs in the internet now. I am not sure that we can post them here

a much bigger X3 role too

Thats the first time I read that.

Kinberg said he wrote bigger parts for Halle/Anna... but he didn't say that, Rogue's original part in DOFP was gonna be bigger than her role in X3 had she had more time.

Thats the first time I read that.

Kinberg said he wrote bigger parts for Halle/Anna... but he didn't say that, Rogue's original part in DOFP was gonna be bigger than her role in X3 had she had more time.

Given the future characters role it wouldn't have been by much

Yep, you get to see Rogue's facial expressions as the Sentinels are invading. She gets focused when Wolverine's claws come out, too just like Kitty in the theatrical cut.

Love love love the Rogue Cut!

My assumption is that she would've been traveling with Kitty, Bobby and Colossus. I think she would borrow their powers to fight the sentinels. And once the temple stuff happens and Kitty gets injured she takes over. But her schedule would've stopped that so they just had to find a way to get Rogue to the temple to finish the mission. Shame that Anna couldn't film more because the theatrical release would've been different. But oh well.

My assumption is that she would've been traveling with Kitty, Bobby and Colossus. I think she would borrow their powers to fight the sentinels.

That should have been the case... however the new mutants didn't really have much screentime in the film so maybe even if Rogue was part of that gang... they could have filmed her scenes in 4 days and if some of the actors aren't available... there's always the green screen to make it look like she was with them for the entire film.

If the next Wolverine picks up after Magneto and Xavier meets him in the airport, I really hope Rogue will be in it, her arc can end with her being captured by the Sentinels.

The way Rogue and Kitty interacted when they saw each other, it felt like they had a falling out after X3.

Since Trask is dead, I wonder who headed the Sentinels or took over Trask Industries up until 2023.

Sorry for bumping the thread, especially since my reasoning for doing so has nothing to do with DoFP itself, but I'm watching the special features for X-Men 2 right now and there are several points where young Anna answers questions and/or talks about the film in ways that hint ever so slightly at her bisexuality and viewpoint on the world, which I found to be an interesting observation.

The title of this thread still makes me chuckle. Darn, was I pissed when they announced it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"