Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rogue dies i will be pissed as hell.
My 2 faves are Phoenix and Rogue.... Phoenix was already killed is The Last Dissaster.. So please dont kill Rogue she was evolving in X1 and X2 and X3 would be her time to shine... but what did we get... one shot of her in the danger room and she is cured... Singer would like to restore her character seen as he was fond off the Rogue character

So will Singer make her a badass this time or will she continue to mope in a corner?
Could we have both? Future Rogue is badass? Flying and punching stuff?

Well we can only hope he goes all out with her....
Anna is a great Rogue.. seeing her in her Sookie role she is just perfect and great... That is the kind of Rogue we want, and even though we we dont see her flying or her super strength or whatever... she can use her powers and combat skills like in evolution minus the heavy make up please xD

Rogue In WOlverine and the X-Men didn't have Ms marvel powers eather but they made her an active character.That may be clse to what we get in DOFP

Rogue In WOlverine and the X-Men didn't have Ms marvel powers eather but they made her an active character.That may be clse to what we get in DOFP

Problem with Rogue, even under Singer, is she never really put her powers to good use. Once instance with Pyro was about it.

I figure if Singer wants to expand her beyond being afraid to use her powers (assuming she has or does get them back) and moping about them all the time, then maybe her future self can do a multiple combo of absorbed powers (like she did in the books when she faced Nimrod when he first showed up) to take down a few sentinels.

I really like that explanation. I like when these movies find a smart way of using their powers and the choices they make for certain plot points.

So Kittys power would be a solid choice for the time travel

One thing with Kitty as the time traveller though, I can't really see what dramatic impact is there to be gained from her meeting and interacting with the FC cast, other than her warning them about the future. Her friends are too young to be alive in the past, to FC characters she'd be just a stranger, and she doesn't really have strong ties to either Beast or Professor X.

I'm guessing that the "Dramatic impact" would come from the whole "By the way, you guys, time travel is possible, and in the not so distant future, humans are going to build giant mutant-hunting robots and imprison mutants in camps." thing...

Yes of course, I'm just saying that from a character perspective I can see little significance in Kitty being the bearer of the news.

It worked in the comic, and she was new then.

It's never gonna happen, but I wish Singer could fit Gambit (new actor perhaps) in here and finally introduce his character to Rogue.

I would love to see Kitcsh as Gambit show up, but I really doubt it will happen.

I would love to see Kitcsh as Gambit show up, but I really doubt it will happen.

Id love to see him again too, but I feel this shouldnt be the moment. Maybe after DOFP. Singer and Lauren have discuss about the future of the franchise, so if Fox moves forward to present time, Gambit is like a must

I thought Taylor Kitsch was fine as Gambit. As for including Gambit in DOFP, I don't think he has a place in the movie because he didn't appeared in the original trilogy and First Class. Then it might build confusion to the audience if they retcon his character. Plus Rogue and Iceman are probably still together, if they are planning to do a love triangle with them, DOFP isn't the right timing for that. I hope they can a find way to connect Taylor Kitsch Gambit to the cast of the original trilogy. I don't want another Emma Frost situation unless its Psylocke.

Kitsch is dull. Bring on a more charismatic actor who can pull off a cajun accent.

Yeah, re-cast Gambit and give him his own movie I'd say.

Well... nearly killing Wolverine in the process, and not doing it willingly...But I suppose that sorta counts :cwink:

In the danger Room sequence in X3 she used Colussus power to avoid the rock on her head, and she did it pretty well, without hurting Colossus....

In the danger Room sequence in X3 she used Colussus power to avoid the rock on her head, and she did it pretty well, without hurting Colossus....

She didn't voluntarily absorb his power >.> He grabbed her face, otherwise she would have been hit by shrapnel and probably died.. lol I guess Colossus knew when to stop touching her.

They could do so much more with Rogue's power and I wish Rogue and Iceman had a fight with somebody in X2 instead of just waiting inside the X-Jet. And I still don't get why Rogue used the X-Jet.

Maybe whoever goes back in time, they can bring Gambit when they jump back to the present.

Puts him in place to be in X4.

I've always figured, if Gambit were to show up, a good reason for it would be because Mr. Sinister is a story element.

And given their connection, if that's the case, there are lots of reasons Gambit might not have aged much in 30-40 years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"