Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Singer knows perfectly how fans are dissapointed with Rogue on the franchise...

Speak for yourself. Rogue was a wonderfully developed character in the series, but was completely mischaracterized in X3, which did a disservice to the character from the film and the character as a whole.

Bryan did a wonderful job displaying her cinematic arc in parallel to her origins in the comics and have no doubt he would have continued the growth in character had he not left.

you havent read the net all these years right? lol

Im not speaking for myself. I liked Rogue's role on X1 and X2. Im talking about what most of us have seen on movie sites all these years about how movie Rogue isnt how comic/tv shows Rogue was.

so no need to lie on the board about general opinion about the movie role, when we have discussed the issue to death on here.

Yeah, somethings gotta be done with Rogue thats actually entertaining to watch haha.
Bryan did a wonderful job displaying her cinematic arc in parallel to her origins in the comics and have no doubt he would have continued the growth in character had he not left.
Besides the kissing incident shes not that close to the comics, especially with her Origin.

Last edited:
Pictures of Anna from less than a week ago.

anna-paquin-stephen-moyer-tom-ford-cocktail-party-06.jpg

anna-paquin-tom-ford-04.jpg

anna-paquin-stephen-moyer-tom-ford-cocktail-party-05.jpg

As everyone knows I'm a huge Anna fan but she looks so awful in these shots. I certainly hope she eats a few meals before sliding back into the leather. I know she just had twins but wow her figure just doesn't look at curvy or sexy as it was before. :(

Total disappointment. Maybe if she puts on weight she might bring back some of her curves...hopefully.

Lets be honest.... we are all complaining that she probably wont get much screentime. Well can it be any less than X3 ??

Probably the same, given how huge this cast is.

But the movie should be over 2 hours. So she might get more screentime.

Well something is better than nothing right ?

what do you guys and girls hope her storyline will be like ??

what would you all like to see off Rogue ??

I'd love to see her absorb the powers of someone who either has super strength or can fly. Not permanently or anything, but I could make an awesome scene if she had those powers fighting a sentinel.

Aside from that... some redemption for the character after Ratner made her take the cure.

Last edited:
Other than just kicking and punching the Sentinels, I hope Rogue gets character development in this movie.

I want to see the 90's animated series version of Rogue come to life by Anna this time around.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

They can't have her with Ms Marvel powers.

I don't share the love for 90's animated show.I am always more for looking at comics for Inspiration.There Is a lot more to rogue s character than the relationship with Gambit which was big part of that show's version of rogue.

I'm sure if there's plenty of ways to make Rogue powerful other than absorbing Ms. Marvel's powers.

Yeah, It's not that big of a stretch as long as there's a mutant power she can absorb with similar powers. Same thing.

Yeah, I seem to recall posters on this board would come up with fan ideas on how Rogue might get similar powers when X2 was being made. We don't need Ms. Marvel to have a Rogue that flies and has super strength.

Even if FOX has the movie rights for Ms. Marvel, I don't think they should include her in the movie just to make Rogue powerful, unless she's a villain.

I think they should have made Rogue powerful when Magneto forced her to touch him to use the machine in X1. She already got the white hair from Magneto, why not include Magneto's flying ability and say that the skin contact with Magneto made her stronger.

Because Magneto doesn't have a flying ability. He's manipulating the metal on his boots and uniform.

As everyone knows I'm a huge Anna fan but she looks so awful in these shots. I certainly hope she eats a few meals before sliding back into the leather. I know she just had twins but wow her figure just doesn't look at curvy or sexy as it was before. :(

Total disappointment. Maybe if she puts on weight she might bring back some of her curves...hopefully.
I personally think she looks better than ever.

More than anything in Days Of The Future Past I want Singer to put some strength and sexiness into Rogues character. She needs to show more to her character now she's all grown up because all we’ve seen so far is a vulnerable teenager. Anna’s proven she can be sexy in True Blood, we need a touch of that injecting into the character.

Last edited:
Personally, I've always thought she was beautiful but I think ever since True Blood, she's aged very very well. In fact, I think she too looks better than ever.

Rogue definitely needs an action scene. Imagine in the future she goes around absorbing the powers of mutants close to death that are suffering. Rogue had a ton of screen time in X1, a little less in X2 then completely fell off in X3.

fingers crossed she uses at least two powers on this sequel.

Would be pretty cool to finally see her in action. I cant wait for it. She HAS to do some damage.

Bryan, dont dissapoint us! :D

Well first off the question Is how Is screentime balanced between her and Kitty.Also let's
remember Anna Is on True Blood till June.Of course since DOFP won't wrap till October that still allowes Anna time to do something Important.

Well first off the question Is how Is screentime balanced between her and Kitty.Also let's
remember Anna Is on True Blood till June.Of course since DOFP won't wrap till October that still allowes Anna time to do something Important.

At best we definitely know she will get some scene with how she copes knowing that the cure didn't work or something and her relationship with Iceman. What ever they decide to do with her after that is still to be determined.

And James McAvoy will only start filming 1 month earlier. I don't think Anna Paquin's hectic schedule will affect her role in the movie.

I wouldn't expect much If any mention with the cure just like how Xavier Is alive.Bryan Singer may not be outright Ignoring Last Stand but he In my oporion won't be calling attention to cure or what happened to Xavier.Especilly If there Is only about 30 Minutes
In future.The Idea they would waste time In future on what went down under Brett Ratner Is very unlikely.There will almost certinly be some rogue and Iceman devolpment.If some characters are prisoners of sentinles there might be interaction between them shoing how characters are coping In this world.

I wouldn't expect much If any mention with the cure just like how Xavier Is alive.Bryan Singer may not be outright Ignoring Last Stand but he In my oporion won't be calling attention to cure or what happened to Xavier.Especilly If there Is only about 30 Minutes
In future.The Idea they would waste time In future on what went down under Brett Ratner Is very unlikely.There will almost certinly be some rogue and Iceman devolpment.If some characters are prisoners of sentinles there might be interaction between them shoing how characters are coping In this world.
Do you really think they're going to downright ignore all events from X3? I don't think they're that daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"