Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure take a long time for a 10 episode season.They started In january.

It takes them 3 weeks (more or less) to film each episode. Considering the budget per episode is $3m, I bet they want to be careful.

It's HBO!!!

Last edited:
Half way through watching the latest episode of True Blood and I'm starting to realize Anna act's more like Rouge in this show than she has in every X-men movie so far.

Hope they can write some Southern sassyness into her role for DOFP.

I've missed here Southern one liners. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYWY2tQ7e0

I never liked this Rogue anyway, so *shrugs*

Same here. Close to nothing like the comic character. Only similarity is her power.

I've been trying to get my sister excited for this film but she refuses to watch it once Anna was cast. Her favorite character is Rogue and ever since X1 she loooathes Paquin.

She was obviously set up to have some kind of arc, but yeah... we never got to see the actual Rogue.

Half way through watching the latest episode of True Blood and I'm starting to realize Anna act's more like Rouge in this show than she has in every X-men movie so far.

Hope they can write some Southern sassyness into her role for DOFP.

I've missed here Southern one liners. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYWY2tQ7e0

I've quitted True Blood some seasons ago... but I have to agree with you. Her Sookie sometimes has a vibe of Rogue, specially in her Debbie Pelt moments.

But I have a good feeling with this movie, even if she has come back to die.

damm....

first the no movie mention on Comic Con Saturday program, and now possibly Anna not attending?? :(

Jennifer, Anna and Ellen MUST be there, damm. This panel should be big... hopefully they set the X-men section at the end of Fox panel, so Anna can attend, but now Im a bit worried

Unless Anna Paquin suddenly loses the ability to walk, I don't see this as much of a problem.

I want good news on this thread for once! :cmad:

Seriously, though that doesn't seem to be that big of a problem. They might not even start until she arrives.

Anna will probably do a few interviews or photoshoot right after True Blood panel, so.... its not as easy as ending one panel and going quickly to another one.

If DOFP is last it should give her time for interviews and photos,if she decides that she wants to attend that is.

I guess all of this is part of Fox job, regarding which actors they want on the panel and then if Comic con can let it happen or not.

Lets hope for the best

Yes thats all we can do is hope for the best. Keeping my fingers crossed for a teaser trailer

oh, Im sure about that.

Id just love to see a great representation of the cast, and not just the lead males more Jennifer.

I'll be dissapointed if Anna and Ellen arent part of it. Marvel did a great job getting all the Avengers actors back on 2011, so I have been wanting all these latest months to see a similar scenario this year with the X-Men cast.

I think Halle wont attend, so Anna and Ellen are like a must, to have great pics of actors and actresses from both casts.

lets see what happens

A good resprensentation on both sides i totally understand that,it wont hurt to have my love James Marsden appear ohlala. I want this movie to do well,it has so much potential. I would like Anna to appear though and discuss Rogue a little bit though Im still not certain her part is that big,but we have alot of time left.

After TB panels the cast use to sign autographs to the public in the ballroom and in a booth, plus the interviews and photoshoots with EW and other press.

Last year Anna didn't attend the booth due her pregnancy, so HBO can be flexible with that, but the EW interview won't be negotiable. All depends on her contract, but I hope they make it work .

Ok huge sigh of relief that there's at least a Fox panel. I did a quick search on the Thursday and Friday guests and today, the Saturday guests and was disappointed that there was no "X-men"

Anna Paquin can easily attend the panel of X-Men. I don't think its that hard especially the panel for True Blood is happening before 20th Century Fox's panel presentation.

They cannot give Rogue super strength and flight ability without explanation. They cannot use story arc how Rogue got these abilities from original comics (Ms. Marvel character rights issue).

Maybe they can create a throwaway villain with Ms Marvel's skill set, powers, flight etc. Then have Rouge suck her powers infidelity. Some kind of kill or be kill scenario.
Or maybe bend the rules the bit and have her do some kind of power cloning like Peter Petrelli in Heroes.
They need to come up with something if there going to make Rouge a relevant member of team.

I like the idea of the throwaway Ms Marvel type character in a mutant attack. Maybe she's under rubble dying and Rogue puts her out of her misery and in turn takes her power, flies up and throws the Sentinel into a building.

I always hoped Rogue would time travel to join Magneto and Mystique in murdering whoever is replacing Senator Kelly. It would be a good nod to her origins in the Brotherhood as well as a good twist for the film (two time travelers, one trying to prevent the apocalypse, the other one perhaps with a different agenda).

BTW, is it just me or is True Blood Season 6 sort of X-Men-ish? I mean, they're rounding up the vampires Nazi-style...

I do to. Rogue can absorb the powers when her powers rush back to her after being dormant from the cure, that could also explain how she retains those abilities unlike anything we've seen prior form the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"