Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not so sure about that. Yes, Paquin is in True Blood, but a TV career and movie career are two entirely different things and are not interchangeable. Paquin's movie career since the X-Men series is frankly nothing to write home about.
not really tv now a days is just as strong as movies

look at jon hamm and brian cranston for example

true blood is an extremely popular tv series

not really tv now a days is just as strong as movies

I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying that it's two separate things and because you're in a popular TV series it does not make you a movie star and it doesn't automatically mean that people will flock to see you in a movie.

Last edited:
I'm holding out hope that there might be a Gambit announcement sometime. I think it could be quite electric to finally have them share the screen together.

I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying that it's two separate things and because you're in a popular TV series it does not make you a movie star and it doesn't automatically mean that people will flock to see you in a movie.
This is absolutely correct. Although this cast is amazing and talented, people need to stop over exaggerating their box office power. The only actor right now that is a draw is Jackman. Halle has some star power, but it's been diminished greatly. McKellan is loved, but not exactly a household name outside of Tolkien movies. Fassy and Lawrence are growing stars with Lawrence probably having the edge at the moment. That is it. None of the others are box office draws. Of course none of this is correlated to talent.

However, having them all together in an X-Men movie is a different matter. Fans will recognize that.

But back on topic...

I'm so happy to have Anna and Ellen back!!! Shawn not so much. I just don't like Singer's Iceman character. He's just boring and not fun at all. At least there might be some cool visuals.

I just wanted Rogue to have that "tough exterior masking loneliness on the inside" (which would have been perfect for a dystopian future where everyone is all damaged), but it won't the same if Bobby is hanging around.

I'm quite intrigued by Ellen Page joining the cast. Partly because I like her as an actress and partly because Kitty is a character who was only in one X-Men movie and therefore feels more fresh if that makes sense.

Rogue I have no strong feelings about either way. I thought that the most interesting thing about her in the original trilogy was her relationship with Logan, which was genuinely touching and refreshingly non-romantic. Once they pretty much dropped that in the second film I felt that the character became a lot less interesting and that they didn't quite know what to do with her.

I'm happy to see Anna Paquin reprising her role as Rogue in DOFP, but personally I think her character was one of the biggest disappointment in the X-Men trilogy because Rogue was written extremely different than the one from the comics which we are all familiar with over the years. If Paquin can play this new Rogue like she's doing now as Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood, like a southern belle who is sassy, confident, and take charge, then I would be ecstatic. I don't want the insecure, weak-minded, and woe-is-me Rogue back again.

she was always pretty but she is a knockout now!!perfect for rogue:hrt:
ozq90c6q53tw9tzw.jpg

disrobes-abs.gif
[YT]P648qRAukE8[/YT]
lol just kidding they totally count

^^^ Hahaha The Family Guy clip even has the gap in her tooth! That's one of the first things I noticed when I met her!

There's some potential here with Rogue. She probably won't be a scared and confused teenager any more. Time to kick some ass.

I have no problem with how they chose to characterize Rogue in the first film, it was the lack of progress in her character as she got older that was frustrating. It would have been cool to have seen a young Rogue take the journey to become more and more badass and outgoing.

Seeing her as the sexy and flirty Rogue when she was so young and unexperienced would have felt weird.

She needs to be more confident and sassy and lets hear the southern accent too.

First season of True Blood is entertaining, deliberately campy but also thrilling. Paquin is great and carries the show.

I stopped watching halfway through the second season though.

I have been watching true Blood on DVD.I am up to towards end of season 4.Season 5 won't come out till close to the premiere of season 6 In June.

True Blood Is what I would call ensemble cast with Anna head of ensemble.Plus you
have gotten to see her nude and In sexy situations.

I watched the first season of True Blood, well actually I bought it on DVD. And I didn't like the excessive nudity so never watched past that...

I read up to the sixth or seventh book and finally gave up on that too, back in 2009. :p

I watched the first season of True Blood, well actually I bought it on DVD. And I didn't like the excessive nudity so never watched past that...

I read up to the sixth or seventh book and finally gave up on that too, back in 2009. :p

Honestly, it's become a pretty awful show. I stopped watching when I realized I was ONLY watching for the nudity.

I'm holding out hope that there might be a Gambit announcement sometime. I think it could be quite electric to finally have them share the screen together.

They should save that for another film. Gambit wasn't part of the original trilogy neither the cast of First Class. So it might be a little tricky to include him in this movie.

I'm quite intrigued by Ellen Page joining the cast. Partly because I like her as an actress and partly because Kitty is a character who was only in one X-Men movie and therefore feels more fresh if that makes sense.
I think her cameos in X1 and X2 still counts even though it wasn't Ellen Page. Professor X even mentioned her during the White House scene in X2.

They should save that for another film. Gambit wasn't part of the original trilogy neither the cast of First Class. So it might be a little tricky to include him in this movie.
Agreed!

First season of True Blood is entertaining, deliberately campy but also thrilling. Paquin is great and carries the show.

I stopped watching halfway through the second season though.

I absolutely loved the show for the first three seasons, until it's gone down the drain in the last couple of episodes in Season 3 and never recovered. Speaking of overcrowded, that show is a good example of why it's not a good idea to pile on characters and storylines, even in a TV series which allow more screentime.

It took me a while to warm up to Paquin on the show; she's got that thing where her face and eyes just go completely blank from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"