Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be a huge casting mistake to cast Sookie and Bill as Rogue and Gambit, regardless of Anna and Stephen's relationship.

It's far too multi-meta. :cool:

Poor Taylor 'Many Flops' Kitsch.

taylor-kitsch-shirtless.jpg

#ObligatorySHHshirtlessShot

Ironically, I think he'd have made a better Gambit now than then.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I second this and was actually about to say the exact same thing. i think he could pull off an good Gambit,plus they have that chemisty already.

But wouldn't that be True Blood Redux? As good as their chemistry is, that should be reserved for Sookie and Bill...not Rogue and Gambit. There needs to be something new on screen about Rogue+Gambit...

appart from Anna and Taylor sharing screentime...

I think we are forgeting how cool would it be to see Hugh and Taylor sharing some moments again after all these years.

It would be interesting to see Remy reaction seeing Logan and how Logan wont remember him. It would bring an interesting dynamic, and something unseen with Logan on the team movies, imo.

And just to have some scenes where we could see Hugh, Taylor, Anna, Halle and James.... oh my god, that would be f***** epic to me! :awesome:

what a hot cast, boys!

If she were with a renegade group, how great would it be if Gambit were with her?

I seriously don't think Gambit should be in the movie. Like if Rogue is gonna have a thing with Gambit, save it in the next movie.

When the audience member asked if Gambit and Rogue would ever happen in a movie together Anna turned to Brian and said 'Brian?' like she was nudging him about the idea. He said they're looking at all possibilities. Anna said 'I'm down with it!'. She really seemed to like the idea.

Anna definitely seems like she wants to do another movie. She talked about wanting Rogue to fly, again she looked to Brian when she said that. And she sounded into a Gambit/Rogue romance in the future. If she was offered a sequel I think she'd sign up no problem so long as she got to do more. It's why I have a feeling she's been given some goodies in DOFP as she was always impatient about what her character didn't get to do.

God! I hope FOX is smart about this and bring Bryan/the OT Cast for another X-Men film after DOFP!

Last edited:
i'd keep taylor honestly

Same here!

I think Taylor Kitsch would be fine in a supporting role. Well he was in Origins and that movie didn't bomb at the box office like JohnCarter/Battleship. As long as he's not getting the lead role, he wouldn't hinder the box-office performance of a X-Men movie.

I really hope we get a Rogue picture soon. We have waited long enough. I wanna know what Rogue looks like this time around

I seriously don't think Gambit should be in the movie. Like if Rogue is gonna have a thing with Gambit, save it in the next movie.

God! I hope FOX is smart about this and bring Bryan/the OT Cast for another X-Men film after DOFP!
I was saying just an introduction maybe in this movie then explore more into him the next movie the idea just seemed cool to see her join a group with Gambit and they join together. But I agree next movie that would be a great thing.

I really hope we get a Rogue picture soon. We have waited long enough. I wanna know what Rogue looks like this time around

I know, I'm looking for one but nothing.

By the actors reaction and the way Anna put the ball in Bryan's court I think it's possible we have a Gambit cameo in this movie, something like being introduced to the X-Men at the end...

Last edited:
you got that feeling?

by Bryan words, I got the feeling that there have been talks about the future and how to bring some fan favourites like Gambit, but that nothing has been decided yet

but if at the end of this movie, we see a changed future with Cyclops, and Gambit already there..... :wow:

Id lose my mind

funny thing is cyclops had an off screen death his death is easier to recon than xavier's w/o time travel lol

yeah, a nice theory is that Jean sent him to the future, and he comes back along with Bishop to present day.

That would be pretty cool.

But at the same time, I like the idea of this movie ending with Cyclops return. What bigger to tease next movie than that?

Cyclops fans would get crazy once they leave the theatre, like... "I need next movie NOW!!!!!!!" "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

:funny:

and Im not a Cyclops fan, but I would act like that too, lol

I know, I looking for one but nothing.

By the actors reaction and the way Anna put the ball in Bryan's court I think it's possible we have a Gambit cameo in this movie, something like being introduced to the X-Men at the end...

i don't understand whats with all these people expecting cameos at the end, an end cameo wouldn't be worth any actors time, or at least any actor playing the role of gambit, jean or cyclops, you could have like an unknown stand in cameo like they did with FC where they gave us them easter eggs of cyclops, storm ect but i doubt it and i don't think there will be any ending cameos

but to talk about gambit in present day he will be in his 40s at the very least so who knows they could make it worth in future, its safe to say singer wants to please fans but he won't give fans everything they want if he doesn't feel it works

if he was taking in fans demands very easy DOFP would be waaaay more packed then it is ;P

Last edited:
Wolverine and the X-Men show season one ending with a huge cliffanger, showing a new future with Apocalypse and Cyclops being one of his henchmen.

So this movie could easily end with a huge tease of next movie/event or storyline.

And showing Cyclops at the end alive is a huge moment for the fans. To think Singer and the creative team havent thought about that possibility knowing how pissed fans were with Cyclops role on the trilogy and X3 is an underestimation.

The only we to tease Cyclops is back is showing him, if not, they could only said it on interviews after DOFP release, but that wont create any hype at all.

Dont count a Cyclops cameo out. They have surprises in store, so.... dont count it out ;)

i think if singer brings cyclops back (thats a big IF) it will be mid-film for a small role maybe, perhaps possibly similar too havoks screentime and he will be given something to do

i don't believe audiences care about cyclops as they have been given no reason to think he is anything but screen filler, fan maybe care but then an end cameo where he stands there and maybe says a few things then ends, really not worth it for marsden, not something i think singer would feel was fair on marsden or fans

Last edited:
yeah, a nice theory is that Jean sent him to the future, and he comes back along with Bishop to present day.

That would be pretty cool.

But at the same time, I like the idea of this movie ending with Cyclops return. What bigger to tease next movie than that?

Cyclops fans would get crazy once they leave the theatre, like... "I need next movie NOW!!!!!!!" "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

:funny:

and Im not a Cyclops fan, but I would act like that too, lo
l
that would be brilliant:yay:

time for the x men's leader to return
movies-x-men-the-last-stand-james-marsden.jpg

i think a large group of fans would be so happy to see cyclops return, perhaps not enough to hype another film though lol

i don't understand whats with all these people expecting cameos at the end, an end cameo wouldn't be worth any actors time, or at least any actor playing the role of gambit, jean or cyclops, you could have like an unknown stand in cameo like they did with FC where they gave us them easter eggs of cyclops, storm ect but i doubt it and i don't think there will be any ending cameos

but to talk about gambit in present day he will be in his 40s at the very least so who knows they could make it worth in future, its safe to say singer wants to please fans but he won't give fans everything they want if he doesn't feel it works

if he was taking in fans demands very easy DOFP would be waaaay more packed then it is ;P

I don't think Gambit has a cameo but I do think he could easily work in a future sequel. If Professor X can come back to life and they can ignore loads of other continuity issues or change them then Gambit can work. Anna wants it, the fans want it and Bryan smiled when he answered about it so it is probably already an idea on the table for the writers/producers for any sequels. He also asked the fans to tweet him about it. He and some of the others were more smiley talking about this than he was the possibility of Deadpool being in an X movie. I think that's telling.

It seems like it's more you personally who doesn't want it to work over the very simple ways the writers/producers could make it do so.

As for cameos at the end. I wouldn't rule any out. I'm not saying they'll happen but I wouldn't sound so confident they won't. It's not like we haven't had tons of them over the various movies. X movies like their character cameos. And once the future is changed who knows who could possibly pop up in the end. I don't think Jean Grey or Cyclops will, but they could.

Last edited:
Any eventual return of let's say Cyclops, is gonna proabably gonna be teased in a post or mid credits scene I think.

I don't think Gambit has a cameo but I do think he could easily work in a future sequel. If Professor X can come back to life and they can ignore loads of other continuity issues or change them then Gambit can work. Anna wants it, the fans want it and Bryan smiled when he answered about it so it is probably already an idea on the table for the writers/producers for any sequels. He also asked the fans to tweet him about it. He and some of the others were more smiley talking about this than he was the possibility of Deadpool being in an X movie. I think that's telling.

It seems like it's more you personally who doesn't want it to work over the very simple ways the writers/producers could make it do so.

As for cameos at the end. I wouldn't rule any out. I'm not saying they'll happen but I wouldn't sound so confident they won't. It's not like we haven't had tons of them over the various movies. X movies like their character cameos. And once the future is changed who knows who could possibly pop up in the end. I don't think Jean Grey or Cyclops will, but they could.

in the eyes of fans from the moment this film was named everyone has assumed there will be an X4/5 and i even i thought so and automaticly you assume singer has plans already, but for all we knows singer is just waiting for fox to make the next choice

but to the point if you wanted to bring cyclops back for another film, you would need to remind audiences who he is, his power, what makes him awesome, reintroduce him, he is my favorite character but he isn't wolverine, his leader role went to storm, his love interest went to wolverine and his origin went to wolverine

Singer would be downgrading the character to put him in as an end cameo, not that his character hasn't been downgraded enough

Last edited:
Any eventual return of let's say Cyclops, is gonna proabably gonna be teased in a post or mid credits scene I think.

really? cyclops probably the least likely character to appear, i don't think he is that big with FOX or casual audiences, he aint even an unknown character that audiences an go research who he is because well he is that guy in the previous films who did very little and got screwed over lol

Last edited:
Seein true blood this season I can see why Anna Paquin was able to get away to montreal for a week of filming.

I was saying just an introduction maybe in this movie then explore more into him the next movie the idea just seemed cool to see her join a group with Gambit and they join together. But I agree next movie that would be a great thing.

Maybe a dying Gambit, wounded by a Sentinel?
Or, more plausible, a tombstone with his name on it, like in the comic. They did the same in X2, when his name appeared on Stryker's computers (Mystique's searching for a way to bust Magneto out and Gambit's name appears in Stryker's records, along with Nightcrawler's, also, off topic but I thought it was a bit funny when the guard pics start flashing, i think one of them is bryan singer)
I say, give us tombstones with Gambit, Nightcrawler, Angel, Jubilee, Banshee, Psylocke, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember that from one of the X Men games. A pan of tombstones (some reason it was mostly Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man) then to Bishop or Forge fighting a Sentinel.

Seein true blood this season I can see why Anna Paquin was able to get away to montreal for a week of filming.

Was she really on set for only a week? Im hoping she has a larger or at least action-based role in DOFP but a weeks worth of filming really doesn't equal out to much :csad:

But based on past interviews, I know Anna would only return if her character was more than a glorified love interest shown in X3. The plot description gives me hope though since it calls for "the mutants in the present to find someone capable of absorbing Kitty’s powers and returning Wolverine to the present."

Assuming that's rogue but I'm still on the fence until confirmation comes out. Although I didn't see it, I've heard that in the teaser shown at Comic-Con she was wearing a white and green uniform, which made me freak out!! If they're starting to embrace more of her character, I feel like screen time with gambit won't be far away :yay:

Same here!

Its still better if they save that for the next movie. The movie should focus on the main story of the movie. A lot of hints/teasers to the next X-Men movie might not be a good thing. Sometimes less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"