Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh holloway could work as a older version of origins......plus what has he done recently I'm sure hell do it for cash!

he will appear on Paranoia this year, with HArrison Ford, Gary Oldman and Liam Hermwood (or however it is. Thor's real brother)

He still looks good, but... to me he is too old to my taste for Gambit. Specially working with Anna, Shawn and co.

Maybe rogue prefers the older type after iceman lol

he will appear on Paranoia this year, with HArrison Ford, Gary Oldman and Liam Hermwood (or however it is. Thor's real brother)

He still looks good, but... to me he is too old to my taste for Gambit. Specially working with Anna, Shawn and co.

Well technically you would have to go for someone older to match what would be his age now, late 40s probably

They could say in the altered timeline, instead of "Deadpool", Gambit was given Wolverine's healing factor but escaped before any other mutant power was given to him.

Well technically you would have to go for someone older to match what would be his age now, late 40s probably

Ive said it a few times already, but its pretty easy.

Origins was filmed on 2008. Taylor Kitsch is aging, same as everyone does.

So by the time they do X4, he will look much older than on Origins, and will be close to 40 years old. And with Anna looking still young.... they will match pretty fine.

Movies and the actors/characters ages have always been and will always be flexible.

So Gambit/Rogue should be no different. "older Remy" actor doesnt really have to be older than Anna Paquin to accept them as a couple.

Again, these are movies, not real life, so the age issue is an artistic decision, not a realistic one.

Ive said it a few times already, but its pretty easy.

Origins was filmed on 2008. Taylor Kitsch is aging, same as everyone does.

So by the time they do X4, he will look much older than on Origins, and will be close to 40 years old. And with Anna looking still young.... they will match pretty fine.

Movies and the actors/characters ages have always been and will always be flexible.

So Gambit/Rogue should be no different. "older Remy" actor doesnt really have to be older than Anna Paquin to accept them as a couple.

Again, these are movies, not real life, so the age issue is an artistic decision, not a realistic one.

Gambit would be older then nearly 40 though, ESP with all the time that's being skipped ahead in these films, it will leave more questions if he looks nearly 40, only reason singer added beast and mystique to FC was because no one could tell how old they are because of all the make up so he could play with their ages, its singers job to make it believable

and what about 70's Hank?

Nicholas look basically the same as in FC, and the movie is set 11 years after FC.

So there u have the biggest example. These movies wont ever be realistic with the ages, either they have to be now.

Hank and I forgot, Lucas... should look 11 years older on this movie, but they wont do. So I dont see why Taylor, being 8 years older by the time of X4, cant be older Gambit.

They can even make him a bit older with make-up, if want it, so.... more support to the idea, then.

Whats more realistic/believeable?

- Taylor being 8 years older, and having a bit of make-up (if the director wants it)
or
- A totally different actor that wont look anything like Taylor?

I know the answer. :p

and what about 70's Hank?

Nicholas look basically the same as in FC, and the movie is set 11 years after FC.

So there u have the biggest example. These movies wont ever be realistic with the ages, either they have to be now.

Hank and I forgot, Lucas... should look 11 years older on this movie, but they wont do. So I dont see why Taylor, being 8 years older by the time of X4, cant be older Gambit.

They can even make him a bit older with make-up, if want it, so.... more support to the idea, then.

Whats more realistic/believeable?

- Taylor being 8 years older, and having a bit of make-up (if the director wants it)
or
- A totally different actor that wont look anything like Taylor?

I know the answer. :p

No one said they couldnt get taylor back and age him, but Well given you pointed out you didn't want an actor because you thought he was too old suggests your expecting him to look young but be about 50

Seems like you ain't quite getting the whole age thing

If they reintroduce Gambit then it would be a great opportunity to introduce Mr. Sinister as well. If they felt the need to explain the age thing at all (it's not like the x-movies haven't fudged continuity for story already) they could just explain it through his dealings with Sinister.

Plus the Gambit working for Sinister would be a great opportunity to do Mutant Massacre and Trial of Gambit (heavily adapted though). I'd love to see Anna as Rogue falling for Gambit and being broken hearted when his past comes out.

I wonder what would happen to Iceman if they bring Gambit to the picture as the new love interest to Rogue.

I wouldn't mind if it turned out Iceman and Rogue broke up because he couldn't handle her decision in X3. Either that or they could show them breaking up and Gambit courting Rogue.

if taylor doesn't come back i would go after actor Gaspard Ulliel he is only 28 and he is french(which cajun comes from) and a pretty good actor
2cx95w1.jpg

i5ri2g.jpg

gaspard-ulliel-nyt-style-magazine-02.jpg

I actually liked Gambit in Origins performance-wise, The problem was that he was essentially a glorified extended cameo and was ultimately superfluous to the plot.

Gaspard certainly looks the part. Still liked Kitsch though so I wouldn't be averse to having him back.

He looks like a suave, sophisticated, rogue, womanizer. So yeah, he looks like Gambit.

I'm sorry he looks gross lol

Also I love X2, but the Rogue/Iceman thing should not have gone past X-men.

Rogue/Iceman worked fine in X1/X2, he was genuinely a nice and supportive guy. Then X3 ruined......well everything actually.

I wonder what would happen to Iceman if they bring Gambit to the picture as the new love interest to Rogue.

I doubt they have any kind of romance these days. It's been 10 years, Rogue has probably been untouchable for years and they were only ever a teenage crush thing anyway. There's no reason why they would still be real love interests. Especially if Rogue has been away for possibly years.

Obviously there would be left over tension over their past but I am begging Singer to have dropped that storyline. They didn't work as a romantic pairing. They were so boring. It was out of pure laziness and convenience that they were even matched-up to begin with. Time to leave that dead in their teens and have both characters moved on. If Iceman has to be involved with someone palm him off on Kitty in DOFP. And the altered future should just have them all single for possible sequels. Shawn hinted in an interview a few months ago that Iceman/Rogue are long over and just some past complications remain. I hope that's what is going on.

Gambit should be her future love interest. Also, have her over her hero worshiping of Wolverine. She's 26-28 now and she shouldn't be gushing about any leftover teen stuff. It's not realistic she'd still have crushes on him and Bobby.

People are convently forgeting there would be major age difference between
Gambit and Rogue since Gambit was In origins.So Inless they outright declare Origins to now be non-cannon I don't know how that could be made to work.

Besides Gambit Isn't In DOFP so It's amoot point.Considering how little time
Anna Paquin had to film I doudt much romance Is In DOFP Involving rogue.
I doudt the rouge/Iceman thing Is going on anymore and hopefully no hints at Kitty/Iceman.I would prefer a hint at Kitty/Colossus.

come on people gambit would be something like 50 now, you can't complain about continuity mess ups if your gonna make up new ones :p

People are convently forgeting there would be major age difference between
Gambit and Rogue since Gambit was In origins.So Inless they outright declare Origins to now be non-cannon I don't know how that could be made to work.

Besides Gambit Isn't In DOFP so It's amoot point.Considering how little time
Anna Paquin had to film I doudt much romance Is In DOFP Involving rogue.
I doudt the rouge/Iceman thing Is going on anymore and hopefully no hints at Kitty/Iceman.I would prefer a hint at Kitty/Colossus.

There are numerous ways around the age difference between Rogue/Gambit. It's sci-fi and they're mutants so they can offer a few different explanations which we've already discussed in here. No-one is conveniently forgetting anything. It's just it's not something that makes them an impossibility. Anna and Singer didn't sound like they thought it was impossible at SDCC.

As for Rogue, you're right there isn't the time for her to have a romance storyline so hopefully they have completely dropped the stuff with Iceman. Obviously they can briefly talk about it or have some tension because it would be weird otherwise. Especially if Rogue really isn't around when DOFP starts. But don't make it a focus. She should have moved on a long time ago, so she's more accepting of her powers and is a more independent/confident woman. She doesn't need to be all about her crushes or worrying about being untouchable.

Kitty/Colossus aren't happening IMO. They won't give Daniel that kind of material. He's only the muscle guy. I wouldn't be shocked if there is/was something between Bobby and Kitty. That filming picture of them looked somewhat intimate body language and I'd wondered since then if they're more than team mates. I wouldn't care either way. Just have Rogue be free from it and her being a capable mutant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"