Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Illuminata, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Is that Rogue? It looks more like Squirrel Girl.

2. X4ever

X4ever Active Member

Doesn't this pose and hairstyle look Rogue-like?

[​IMG]
    :cwink:

3. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Because they cant do Ms Marvel. Probably ever and Rogue never started off with her more villainous origins. So if they skipped through most her origin and we cant even see a character because of rights issues then whats the point of arguing to see it?

I think shes a bad character adaptation cause she is far different personality wise as well as her use of powers, and I know she is capable of being more interesting and joining in the battle. Right now shes boring, whines, hides on the ground during attack,used as the damsel in distress in X1, occasionaly kisses people and thats about it. Thats just not all Rogue has to offer. She was adapted into a much too fragile character like Raven in FC. But hey if you think shes legit then thats awesome. Wish I could think the same.

The Women of X Men are some of the strongest female characters in comics and its a shame they havnt really gave them much justice in the films. They should be owning the franchise.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  4. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

yeah, would be a cool shot for the promo stuff.
    Cant wait to see Rogue's look on this sequel and the posters and all of that. She should look hotter after all these years

5. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Fans would be very happy to see those things happened but i just hope Rogue wouldn't have a totally different personality that it would feel very drastic and forced.

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I wouldnt want that either.
    Singer has the talent to both doing those things and at the same time showing her evolution naturally, instead of showing us a totally different character.

My main question is: Does Singer wants to please fans like that?

Im afraid not. :(

Im sure Singer wants to do something cool with Rogue this time, but something tells me he doesnt care too much about what the fans really want.

really hope to be proven wrong, tho

7. Dark Raven

If Rogue can't say "sugah", then at least there needs to be a scene where someone is serving her tea, and asking how she takes it: milk or sugar, to which she can reply "sugah".

8. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think you will be. :woot:

9. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

fingers crossed!!

Singer SHOULD show Rogue/Anna flying, at least during 10 seconds. whatever the mutant she steals his power is.

Singer has the chance to do the character justice and finally please the fans. If he doesnt it, he would get even more hate than he already has. And I dont think that's smart, from a director that supposedly wants to connect with the fans this time

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think Singer will play to the source with characters more so this time around. I dont think they will be dead on adaptions, but hes not gonna gain any points from straying away. They cant drop the ball on this film.

But yeah, Hopefully Rogue gets some solid moments. Im still stoked he put Kitty in.

11. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Im stoked with ALL, lol

seriously, just to think that we are gonna see older versions of Iceman, Kitty and Rogue.... I just cant deal this year

Too much potential this time, the special effects, comic movies current state, the return of Singer, Vaughn as producer and on the script, Millar as consultant

this cant be more promising

12. psylockolussus

You are always stoked. :oldrazz:

13. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

its because Ive been waiting to see Rogue and Kitty again during so many years, and even if the news came more than a week ago, there are days where I stop for a second and realize how amazing it is to have all of them back again!

Its something huge to me, as a xmen fan

14. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I'm glad Paquin is back as Rogue. She's older now, hopefully the writing will be better and she will be more confident.

I just told my younger sister the news and she flipped out and is now boycotting the movie. :dry:

The only X-men film she kind of liked was First Class. She got so heated when I said a lot of the older cast are coming back.

15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

XMFC and X2 were certainly the best, in my opinion.

16. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Please put a dollop of salt in her cereal tomorrow morning for me. :wow: Thanks!

17. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

Does your younger sister post on here?:hehe::cwink:

18. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about it! I couldn't believe how much she flipped out. I was trying to explain to her how the movie is going to be based on Days of Future Past with the Sentinels, but once I mentioned Paquin returning as Rogue, she basically said F this movie.

It's funny that you mentioned that. Although I made an account in 2006, I was lurking since about '04. She was the one that told me about this website. :woot: She posted around the time the first X-men was coming out and stopped posting because so many other posters were giving her hell because she was freaking out over the black leather costumes.

Out of all the comic films, she likes most of them, but X-men is her favorite and was disappointed in just about all the films so far.

19. X4ever

X4ever Active Member

I will admit I felt the same way about Anna Paquin as Rogue for a long time. Now I don't feel that way because now that she's 30 and has evolved heavily on True Blood I think she seems capable of portraying a more comic-based Rogue. I've read through these forums on and off since 2004 but I never felt motivated to start posting my thoughts because I can't stand all the arguing that goes on in a messag forum and I have not seen an x-men film since X2 came out. Now that I'm posting I don't want to go through with that. Otherwise I will just cancel my account.

Is your sister aware that the black leather suits will not be used in DOFP? If she is then that's one thing she should be glad to hear beacause I am. I don't want to see those black suits ever again because the x-men are NOT biker club gang!:doh:

20. psylockolussus

We might not have the leather suits again but that doesn't mean the present X-Men won't wear black suits.

21. Dark Raven

I expect the X-Men will all get scaley suits like Spider-Man and Superman have lately.

22. The_Shadow

The_Shadow Well-Known Member

I have no problem with that as long as there's some color involved.

23. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

I want to see Rogue with her bomber jacket

24. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Oh oh is your sister Gina? :wow: :oldrazz:

Noooooo! :csad: I hate those basketball-looking costumes!

25. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

You will get them and like them. :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.