GIT R DUN! Do you like Red Necks?

Everything is cute on a girl at first. Then about a week later.....

I think it's basically cool to be dumb. That's from a lot of walks of life. Some people value intellectual status, others say you're not being real if you have smarts.

Only the dumb ones say that.

jag

Its such a ridiculously stupid counter-culture. Much like the rap subculture. Why would rappers pride themselves on being murderers, rapists, drug addicts/dealers, etc? Same with this entire Redneck thing. Why would someone be proud of being uneducated, dirty, descendants of people who fought for slave ownership, etc?

I agree 100%. Why would you why want be apart of that? Why do some people feel they must identify themselves with something, and not be themselves? Maybe I am being ignorant, but I don't see the logic. Sometimes, you oughta ask somebody who claims to be a "redneck" what it really means to be one? Especially if they don't live in the deep south, you often wonder what they'd actually say. It's one thing to be Southern.

ImmortalFire said:
The south as a whole does no such thing. The ignorant, brought-up-by-racists people do.

There is a difference between an ignorant hate-filled racist, and plain good ole boy. But apparently the rest of nation doesn't care to understand that. They'd just rather continue to remind us about the war, even though the general population here doesn't dwell on it.

I do feel concerned for someone that truly, honestly believes the south is only populated by people that are dirty, racist, dumbass psychos that live in trailers and have ever read a book without pictures in their lives. Hollywood be damned for planting this image into people's brains.

That makes sence,from what i read there were some that did not agree with how the other states acted.The American Civil War was more than 140 years ago,yet like you said..some still dwell on it.

Metamorpho1977 said:
Like rednecks? Hell, I are one.

confederateflag.gif

i'm southern, and I have a slight accent, but i am not a redneck.

i'm intelligent, funny, and a lady. just because I have a slight twang, some ppl seem to think I can't possibly possess the traits I listed.

I love proving those people wrong

Speaking of that,i hear "The South" only refers to states that were of the Confederacy in the Civil War.Depending on who you talk to,Texas may or may not be part of the South.

My favorite redneck.

[YT]Gp1JPPFVWIw[/YT]

Though Texas is so big it can vary on the level of redneck-ish-ness.

Most of the time they're alright folks. The ones that make a point of squealing tires and roaring their engines when I'm trying to sleep are the worst.

Its such a ridiculously stupid counter-culture. Much like the rap subculture. Why would rappers pride themselves on being murderers, rapists, drug addicts/dealers, etc? Same with this entire Redneck thing. Why would someone be proud of being uneducated, dirty, descendants of people who fought for slave ownership, etc?

*E-hug*

Speaking of that,i hear "The South" only refers to states that were of the Confederacy in the Civil War.Depending on who you talk to,Texas may or may not be part of the South.

Whenever I see one of those "Don't mess with Texas" bumper stickers, I usually think "redneck" nonetheless, especially if paired with one of those "Ain't Skeered" window decals.:whatever:

I don't approve of rednecks, but I don't hate them either.

I voted can't decide, I'll tell you what.

I don't approve of rednecks, but I don't hate them either.

I voted can't decide, I'll tell you what.

LOL!! I hear that phrase far too often. Sometimes, I'll even say, "OK, tell me" just to see someone's reaction.

Sheesh, I wouldn't even consider it. Beer+Cig+Confederate Flag = turnoffs X3.

Eh, Beer and Cig are disgusting, Flag doesn't bother me so much. Its not like its gonna be on there much longer. :o

I see you're a DT fan. What's your opinion of the last 3 books?

That lady up there looks like my aunt before she tried to off him for his life insurance. She was nuts. I'm glad she's locked up in the Tennessee Maximum Penitentiary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"