Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Lea/Colfer cover enough Streisand songs for about 3 tribute episodes by the end of Season 2?

We don't need a Streisand tribute episode. We really, really don't. That used to be 2/3 of what Lea sang.

I hope it's something else.

And "Lady Marmalade" should include Mercedes and Santana.

All HS set shows are like that though. I think the NYC story and new kids are keeping things fresh. I just love this show, and what it became, so much.

School dances yeah. But not plays or student Council. Plus we already get sectionals, Regionals every year. We don't need that many repeating storylines.

They haven't covered drug abuse (in a serious way).

Makes that joke about obnoxious CW hair even funnier.

I wonder if he'll even have any lines in his season 4 Glee episodes lol

My question is, How has he not been on 90210 until now? He looks genetically designed for it.

So I've been watching the show again from the beginning and it's a lot more entertaining than I recall it (after the first thirteen episodes). I will say that I really miss Warbler Blaine. I don't think he necessarily needs to be a Warbler, but I loved the split between Kurt. Kurt being the insecure, just coming out gay kid while Blaine was the confident sure of himself gay kid. Once he moved to McKinley, he stopped being that.

That's because he stopped being a character and started being Kurt's arm-candy who dresses like a flamboyant '50s Archie Andrews and gets all the solos. :o

Though I am sad since this means that Sebastian wont be around long term for Glee.

That's because he stopped being a character and started being Kurt's arm-candy who dresses like a flamboyant '50s Archie Andrews and gets all the solos. :o

Blaine wasn't a character at Dalton either. He was Kurt's Prince Charming with perfect hair, perfect uniform, perfect everything who just dropped from the heavens to serenade him.

Blaine has two modes. Perfect, charismatic put-together song-and-dance man, or fumbling goofball.

He's one of the most woefully underdeveloped characters on the show (so far this season he's been sliiiiightly better, but that's not saying much), romantically involved with one of the most developed.

And the most frustrating thing is they've tossed out these throwaway passing mentions of things that could easily give him more substantial storylines (his dad not liking he's gay, his past getting gay-bashed, etc.), and every so often they repeatedly allude to this underlying insecurity/angst he has, but they just never do more than scratch the barest surface.

Also....I will never understand why the wardrobe and makeup departments feel the need to inflict some of the things they've done to Darren Criss...it's like, do you go out of your way to eliminate any sliver of natural attractiveness he possesses?

Would it kill Blaine to at least occasionally look less like this:

blaine_sweater_bowtie.png

And more like this?

blaine-cute-darren-criss-glee-Favim.com-115904.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe he'll get a makeover like Rachel did. I think they toned-down Blaine's wardrobe a little from last season.

Yea, me too....unfortunately in Season 3 it looks like Kurt already made over Blaine...into himself.

Yeah, Cooper Anderson made that clear lol

Growing up as Matt Bomer's little brother would make anyone insecure by comparison, lol.

While it's true that he was still very underdeveloped at Dalton and was more or less Kurt's Prince Charming, I liked the roll he played as the confident gay man. I guess that role is filled by Kurt now living in New York and what not, but after having Kurt not liking himself for most of the show and Karofsky being a closeted bully and then attempting suicide, Blaine was kind of a breath of fresh air.

Yea, I do agree with that. Darren himself in interviews talked Blaine up ad infinitum as exactly that too, how usually the gay teen you saw on TV was insecure/angsty/closeted, and he liked that he got to play someone who was fine with who they were and confident.

Gotta wonder how he felt later when that got totally wiped out, lol.

I'll give you consistent but not likeable characters. Raj was/is cool (is he still alive?).

Naomi has been the best character on the show since season 2. Everyone else are just shallow imitations of who we introduced to. Plus it doesn't help that 90210 doesn't embrace their legacy like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"