Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see what they're going to do with Santana. I'm sure she'll end up in NYC as well.

Ya but Santana changes her mind for some reason. Knowing Glee they will probably go with "somehow Santanas rich family sudddenly became broke and Santana gave back the money her mother gave her to help them out and went to UofL since she had a scholarship and to make something of her life instead of just chasing her dream"

And they have already missed out on a great chance on introducing a Cheer coach for Santana. Shouldve cast Ellen and made her the opposite of Sue.

I want her in NYC because I want to see how she reacts to New Yorkers and how notoriously rude they are.

Whoa, I literally thought about it earlier today how I wish Glee would do "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". I love that song, but never thought it'd happen. Very cool.

Also, isn't there a deleted scene out there of Quinn, Santana, and Brittany singing "Oops I Did It Again" from the last Britney episode? Or was that just completely cut and never filmed/recorded at all?

And while Lea is obviously hugely talented, quite frankly her version of Britney was the one that really fell flat for me last time around.

I don't think Britney's music is suited for Lea's voice. Lea is better IMO.

A lot of people didn't like Lea singing Britney, I thought she was one of the best honestly. She made a mediocre song better.

50% of the show being The Rachel/Kurt Variety Hour?

Ugh. :o

I'm kind of excited for it. I bet once they establish the formula they may devote a whole episode to one location or the other.

Kurt and Isabelle:

A0yTiZBCMAAEPN0.jpg

A lot of people didn't like Lea singing Britney, I thought she was one of the best honestly. She made a mediocre song better.
Agreed. I felt the same way about her singing Katy Perry, too. I'm not of the opinion that Perry's a very good singer, so I thought "Firework" was actually an improvement, even though I know a lot of people disagree. The only thing that immediately comes to mind for me as something Lea's version sounded inferior to was "Rolling in the Deep." Adele's a fantastic vocalist already, and her distinct voice is kinda what makes most of her songs work so well.

And honestly, I'd rather watch the NYC version of the show than what's left of New Directions. I've never wanted to see a show centered on a Tina Cohen-Chang-led ND the way some people apparently have. And I'm beyond done with Will and the "adults." It's their insistence on sticking with Will & Co that's making me uninterested.

Synopsis of Episode 4x01:

As an incoming freshman at NYADA, Rachel struggles to adjust to the rigors of her new life in the Big Apple. She bumps heads with an influential instructor and makes a new friend in a handsome upperclassman who shows an interest in her. Meanwhile, back at McKinley, Puck’s bad boy younger half-brother, Jake Puckerman, tries out for the glee club, but his attitude could derail his audition. The returning members of New Directions bask in their celebrity status, but find that maintaining their newfound popularity comes at a cost. As the remaining members of New Directions compete to replace Rachel as the team’s headliner, Will holds auditions for new members, with interesting results. As Kurt struggles to adjust to his post-graduation life in Lima, Blaine offers some much needed advice.
http://gleezone.tumblr.com/post/29990753903/the-new-rachel

Mike O'Malley, Whoopi Goldberg, and Alex Newell are listed as guest stars, and Kate Hudson makes her debut as Rachel's NYADA instructor, along with Dean Geyer as Rachel's new love interest Brody and whoever plays Jake Puckerman (forget his name).

The promo showed Unique joining ND, and a previous spoiler mentioned Kurt helping Will repopulate ND, so I'm guessing Kurt is behind Unique coming onboard.

Re: Blaine's "much-needed advice", Falchuk said in an interview a few days ago that it's Blaine who pushes Kurt to go to New York because Kurt's unhappy in Lima (considering Episode 5 is titled "The Break Up", and the set footage and pictures of Colfer and Darren arguing and crying, this might come back and bite Blaine in the ass).

Last edited:
Glee isn’t just rebooting itself in Season 4, it’s rebooting its leading lady, too! “Rachel’s not innocent anymore,” previews executive producer Brad Falchuk of Lea Michele’s college freshman. “It’s nice to write her a little stronger.”

Helping to bring Rachel out of her shell will be her determined new suitor Brody (played by Dean Geyer). “She’s now not coming from a place when she met Finn, where she was like this totally insecure, annoying little girl,” he says. “Now she’s a woman and she’s been through a lot and she’s achieved a lot. So she approaches boys differently, with a different kind of confidence and a different kind of maturity. There’s not as much, ‘Don’t mention sex.’”

Regarding the new guy her in life, Falchuk notes that he’s “so different” from Finn. “He has the same kind of kindness and sweetness, but he’s a very different kind of person,” he says. “It’s great to write Rachel with somebody different.”

Where does all this leave ‘Finchel,’ who ended the season essentially broken up? The EP says the split “will stick” — for now at least. “I want Rachel and Finn to have a happy ending,” he insists. “I think the idea is that maybe they end up together, but a lot can change. As we write we might discover something interesting. It’s definitely not going to get better anytime soon for those two.”

In the meantime, Rachel has Brody, and Finn has…. ? “Undetermined at this point,” says Falchuk. “But he will have someone. He will definitely have someone.”

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/08/23/glee-s...97#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

The writers are certainly moving fast making Rachel evolve. Though I am already worried that they are moving to fast w making Rachel/Kurt so successful upon entering NY. Kurt shouldn't be getting vouge internships this early on. Should have him start at the bottom and work his way up.

A New Poster and a Cast Photo just got Released

Murphy Tweeted out the poster, which reads, “Sometimes the Big Apple bites.” Brandishing the loser “L” on Ms. Berry’s forehead is Kate Hudson as her new tough-as-nails NYADA dance instructor.

Below the poster is a cast photo, featuring many new and returning characters — with the notable exceptions of Quinn, Emma, Joe, Sugar, Beiste and Glee Project Season 2 champ Blake Jenner. Plus, Santana and Brittany are awfully far apart

http://tvline.com/2012/08/23/glee-season-4-poster-kate-hudson/

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah, time to let go of some of these characters, Glee. There's no reason for Mike, Puck and Mercedes to be on that poster. It's getting a little crowded in here. :o

Santana's sitting on top of luggage on the NYC side :)

Where the HELL is Sugar Mortality?!? Why do these newbies get to be on the poster and not her? No me gusta. And mike/puck/Mercedes should've been in-between the high/college kids or not there at all.

I'm honestly surprised Mike, Puck, and Mercedes are even there at all. Plus it's really random that they're on it and Quinn isn't, considering NONE of them are supposedly gonna be around much. And no Joe and no Sugar, who are likely gonna be around far more regularly than they are?

Is Puck's brother black?

Brody is cute. I had thought he was just "the other man" love triangle third wheel to make Finn jealous and get him to NYC, but considering he's on the poster, maybe he's more significant than I thought.

Last edited:
Well Diane is in France sure they could've photoshopped her in but there's already too many people on that poster. Mercedes Puck and Mike really didn''t need to be on that poster. Ryan Murphy tweeted something to calm the Quinn fans out there.

Ryan will Say anything to calm fans down. But shame on them not promoting Vanessa.

Yeah, they should've included her over the ppl that aren't going to show very often.

So now it is being said that this is most likely Glees last season which surprises me since the ratings arent horrible and I would think that FOX would want it to hit atleast big 100 episodes and possibly 500 musical number. Not to mention all the money it makes from merch and if they tour.

original.png

original.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"