GLOW (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaleb, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I stayed up till 2am last night binging the season. It was SO GOOD and even better then S1.

2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

The sun is insignificant next to Alison Brie. :o

Yeah, only about 5 hours, considering it is 10 mostly half and hour episodes. Almost felt like it went by way too fast. So if you are short on time, I'd suggest GLOW. Funny, how this show can feel so breezy, yet heavy at the same time.

I haven't actually started Luke Cage season 2 yet. Probably gonna wait until after the World Cup is over to do that. 13 hours feels like a bit much right now. But which ever order you watch them Krypton, I hope you really enjoy them man. :yay:

3. Kane52630

Kane52630 Astral Plane User

Finished it last night, I thought it was as good as season 1.

Episode 7 and especially episode 8 are Emmy material.

4. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Bright Lord

Binged the whole second season in a couple days. So good! Probably better than season 1 or at least just as good.

5. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I am through the first 6 episodes. Waiting patiently to watch it with the roommates after their kids are asleep. It is really good. Though, the early episodes feel a little disjointed, as it doesn't seem to have that overarching goal they are working to at the end like the first season. Doesn't really matter, as the characters are great. I loved the shooting of the opener.

6. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Just watched the season premiere. Weird they made Maron’s character an a-hole again. I thought he kind of had formed a friendship with them all by the end of season 1.

7. Mister J

Mister J Whatever It Takes

I enjoyed the second season more than the first, thought that's not a knock at all. Seems like the character interplay/depth went up a bit.

Some of the eps were just plain fun. That was that's basically an episode within an episode seems pulled right from the show's original run. Just nailed it.
    This.

8. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

episode 8 should see Alison get another Golden Globe nod, if not also an Emmy nod. This show is also so overlooked.

9. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

Was able to fly through this in two days. Way better than the first season, and I liked the first season. But this was just really well done. The way they incorporated the #MeToo movement, as well as the, ahem "stories," they came up with for the show within a show? Examples of how this show can flip so bizarrely well between light and dark, hilarious and tragic. This was also a much better showcase for most of the supporting cast.

As a whole a big improvement, and cannot wait to see where they go next.

10. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

so Bash is gay right?

11. DarthSkywalker

I would think so, yes.

12. dark_b

dark_b Registered

Bash is gay,butler was his lower and he died from aids(funeral home and cleaning the house)?

fantastic season 2

13. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Just watched the first ep and it still has the magic. Great characters, humor and drama. Gonna slow watch this though. I like to stretch the experience out.

14. DarthSkywalker

Smart Krypton. I am already sad that I am out of new episodes.

15. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Episode 8: The Good Twin might be the most amazing thing I’ve seen on tv in a long time.

Betty Gilpin is amazing.

16. KRYPTON INC.

I get being so into something you drain the bottle dry. But then there's that "emptiness" and the realization you have to wait so long for the next fix.

Finished the second ep and it's amazing how chock full the individual parts can be but how it's actually such a shot program. But they make the most of their time. While it's obvious that Ruth, Deb and Sam are your leads they always give the rest of the ensemble a chance to shine or get used in some way. I'm REALLY glad Cherry didn't just get forgotten. I know what I'm seeing Tue morning when I get out of work now. Sorry Luke Cage.* :o

*Not really sorry... Luke I love ya, but pick the pace up. I feel like I've been watching 3 months of shows in 5 episodes.

17. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Finished the season. That was amazing. Get some emmy nods in there.

18. samsnee

samsnee Ok

The soundtrack definitely makes me miss the 80s. And the last match was amazing. Didn’t think they could top season 1 but they really did.

I don’t really get emotional during tv shows but when
    Ruth found out she was going to win the crown, it hit me. They really took us through an emotional journey with her this year. And the last song when they are on the bus is perfect

#143 samsnee, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  19. Kane52630

Yeah it's a solid soundtrack.

• "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel
    • "It's Like That" by Run-DMC
    • "Situation" by Yazoo
    • "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates
    • "Kyrie" by Mr. Mister
    • "Crazy for You" by Madonna
    • "Man on the Corner" by Genesis
    • "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship

20. David H.

David H. We’re not owed anything.

I can’t imagine anything on television bringing me more joy this year than The Good Twin.

21. KRYPTON INC.

Well this was a GREAT season of television. Really hit all the high notes it needed to.

A few observations:
    This show balances out everything so well. The time and place, the drama, the humor, the pathos... It get's it all spot on. It's populated with characters that are hella flawed but still engaging and even quite likable. It makes it's points about a lot of issues in society without getting "preachy" but the issues are there and are addressed.

They certainly know how to draw you into these people's lives even though you often have to go "it's just a group putting on a ridiculous wrestling show". They left it at a place where I so want to see this thing go for at least four more seasons so as to match the actual timeline of the real GLOW's popularity and eventual cancelation. (I highly recommend the GLOW documentary also on Netflix.)

I know it seems like they will go with making Bash gay but... I don't know... Seems too obvious to the point that I suspect a swerve of some kind. He's such a fragile character, ego wise, that I suspect he's reacting in a way that could be just as much about "homosexual panic" as a straight man as it could be he's a gay man coming to grips with himself in the most awkward way possible. Either way would yield some good stuff with this actor in the role.

I like that this season grew the characters and stories so well.

One issue... Bash walked in on Deb in the shower and we got this whole nude scene and while I'm far from a prude... It felt off to me. I'm not sure what the purpose of showing the audience her naked body was exactly. One minor false step to me in a spectacular season.

Bring on Vegas! Can't believe the wait for season two.

22. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Bright Lord

I bet when the writers of this show were putting together the song and video for "Don't Kidnap", they were thinking, "Let's do a ridiculous, 'We Are the World' type of homage that presents the most needless public service message possible. Obviously, everyone knows that kidnapping is wrong, and that's what makes it funny."

Little did they know that the song would feel strangely pertinent upon release, given that the U.S. government is ACTUALLY kidnapping children.

23. KRYPTON INC.

I didn't even make that connection at the time watching (I was too busy laughing my butt off) but you have a point. I'm surprised no one has made use of that bit in the middle of all the stuff going on in the real world.

24. Kane52630

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her fake screaming also made this. :funny:

25. Neno_Kos

Neno_Kos Registered

Finally had chance to watch this. Season 2 is better than season 1. Didnt expect that. Everything just went notch higher. Just great show.