"Go arrest some REAL criminals!"

City police here are worthless, they do absolutely nothing but harass people. I was taking a stroll one evening down the street, and they came after me for suspicious behavior. The sun had barely gone down, I'm wearing a yellow t shirt, white sneakers and staying under the street lamps at all times, and they still had see what I was doing :whatever:

Our sheriff's dept is awesome though. They do their jobs well, and don't bug people for no reason.

City police... or fashion police? :woot:

Many things that are illegal should not be (drugs,prostitution). Traffic and parking laws are not among them. We can't just drive any way we like.

Son Of Sam was caught because of a parking ticket. Remember that kiddies.:o

Breaking the law is breaking the law. The severity of the punishment is weighted against the severity of the crime, but the system can't simply overlook some small infraction just because there are bigger fish in the sea.

It tool one post to get the answer to the thread...awesome :woot:

I can't count the number of times cops pulled me and my friends over in Essex just because we're black and in a white neighborhood. We weren't doing anything wrong either time and each time they found nothing, so each time they could do nothing. Cops just rub me the wrong way. Atleast the ones around my area, since they're always abusing their power.

I have friends who are cops, and got my degree in criminology. It always amuses me when people throw that line at a cop, as if the cop would choose to ticket someone over stopping a rape if he could. If you want people to respect the big laws, you have to enforce the small ones. And if you want to catch people who are breaking the big laws, you stop people who ar e breaking the small ones.

Cops stop people for minor infractions and use that as an excuse to search, etc, because it leads to more discoveries. And you all would not believe how often stopping someone for a routine traffic violation leads to the discovery of some major crime, or averting one. They catch a lot of wanted people that way.

And cops "profile" for one reason: It works. When cops profile a certain group, they are usually right about a certain percentage of that group. And so a certain percentage of crime gets detected. This is taught in college courses and police academies.

Profiling is a very effective tool if it's used consistently and enforced equally across the board. My department uses profiling based on current and historic crime statistics and that in conjunction with the criminals more often than not being idiots themselves, makes it pretty easy to justify most stops I've made and my fellow officers' have made.

As for parking citations...unless you're creating a safety hazard or a complaint is lodged, typically we do have more effective uses of our time. That's not to say of course that cops don't have bad days and mood swings...catch me on a night that I'm in a bad mood for whatever reason and I may just go looking for expired tags and busted taillights. :hyper:

Breaking the law is breaking the law. The severity of the punishment is weighted against the severity of the crime, but the system can't simply overlook some small infraction just because there are bigger fish in the sea.

Depending on where you live its cops taking the easy money route and ignoring real crime which has real dangers associated with it.

IE I was born and raised a good part of my life in Detroit and when you can see crime happening and cops are writing tickets or busting kids for drinking smoking pot etc... yeh they are taking the easy safe money and not going after real criminals because they tend to be the violent types.

I know places within a couple miles of were I live now in MD where crack dealers sell right on the streets yet there are never any cops around.......why? because like I said crack dealers shoot back and kids at parties or people you write tickets to do not.

So yes its very biased and no crimes should not be treated the same way especially if you are ignoring real criminals to bust some HS kids which is more often than not the case.

Depending on where you live its cops taking the easy money route and ignoring real crime which has real dangers associated with it.

IE I was born and raised a good part of my life in Detroit and when you can see crime happening and cops are writing tickets or busting kids for drinking smoking pot etc... yeh they are taking the easy safe money and not going after real criminals because they tend to be the violent types.

I know places within a couple miles of were I live now in MD where crack dealers sell right on the streets yet there are never any cops around.......why? because like I said crack dealers shoot back and kids at parties or people you write tickets to do not.

So yes its very biased and no crimes should not be treated the same way especially if you are ignoring real criminals to bust some HS kids which is more often than not the case.

Interesting that Detroit and Baltimore are the two cities with the highest murder rate, huh. I live in Baltimore, MD too. So I know exactly what you're talking about.

Interesting that Detroit and Baltimore are the two cities with the highest murder rate, huh. I live in Baltimore, MD too. So I know exactly what you're talking about.

Is the club "Hammerjacks" still there? Used to go their as a senior in high school many years ago.

I think so. I haven't been there in a while.

It was back in the late 80's for me...so it's been a LONG while. It was a hell of a club in it's day.

I got pulled over by two cops once for apparently wearing my cap too low & looking 'suspicious'. I was in my works uniform, pulling into my works carpark. WTF did they think I was up too?!? Idiots.

One of my co-workers basically got a boot and a few tickets on his car, and he said the infamous phrase, "why are the cops bothering me when they could be out stopping robberies or rapists?" Is that what we automatically think whenever we get pulled over or get in trouble for smoking some ganja or whatever? Does that little thing you do, small as it may be, mean less than any other crime? I bring it up because the other coworker in our little cube area has a dad that's a cop, and she got a tad pissed because she felt that cops can't just overlook anything, regardless. Have you ever had this mindset, or are all crimes created equal? :o

The law is the law,but i agree that some crimes..are worse than others.So who can detirmine which crime is deemed more harsh than another?

The law is the law,but i agree that some crimes..are worse than others.So who can detirmine which crime is deemed more harsh than another?

Eye of the beholder I guess. If two occur at the same time, pursue the one that will most likely result in someone getting physically hurt or killed.

One of my co-workers basically got a boot and a few tickets on his car, and he said the infamous phrase, "why are the cops bothering me when they could be out stopping robberies or rapists?" Is that what we automatically think whenever we get pulled over or get in trouble for smoking some ganja or whatever? Does that little thing you do, small as it may be, mean less than any other crime? I bring it up because the other coworker in our little cube area has a dad that's a cop, and she got a tad pissed because she felt that cops can't just overlook anything, regardless. Have you ever had this mindset, or are all crimes created equal? :o

There is a major difference between a class C missdemeanor and a class A felony. With all the crime I see on the news the Police would be better served putting felons behind bars, even if a few traffic violators go "Scott free".

As humans we all have a natural instinct to get angry and blame others or circumstances instead of taking responsibility for our own actions. Thats just the way we are at times. However, the law is the law. No matter how stupid or unfair it is, nobody is above it, unless your the freakin BBC:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"