God of War 2: Devine Retribution (PS2)

I think the best idea anyone's had so far was for Kratos's brother and Ares team up and Kratos. That would kick major ash. A prequel would also be cool, like DMC3. Just as long as they don't ruin the sequel, like DMC2.

did anyone actually read the story synopsis from the game informer article?

sounds pretty damn slick.

Mr. Credible said:
wow... was i really the only one who read it?

The pictures were blurry. I got my issue today and will have to read it.

Mr. Credible said:
did anyone actually read the story synopsis from the game informer article?

sounds pretty damn slick.

care to share it with the rest of the class? :)

Could you be awesome and type the whole thing out for us?

Or like scan your copy so the text is visible?

gameinformer_coverstory_god-of-war.jpg

GoW rules everything....:O

Official announcement this morning:

In 2005, Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica Studios introduced GOD OF WARTM, which was widely considered the best videogame of 2005 with over a dozen "Game of the Year Awards." In Q1 of 2007, Kratos, the ex-Spartan warrior turned God of War, returns in GOD OF WARTM II, exclusively for the PlaysStation®2 computer entertainment system. Armed with all-new brutal combat moves and magic, players retake the role of Kratos and embark on a new epic adventure to change the fate of mortals and Gods alike. As Kratos, players will travel through unique levels of exceptionally detailed and vividly striking environments, unfolding story driven puzzles and competing in numerous, epic boss battles in the quest for revenge.

STORYLINE:
The story picks up where players last left off with Kratos. Sitting atop his throne on Olympus, Kratos, the once mortal warrior has become a threat far worse than his predecessor Ares, had ever been. Kratos is a ruthless God, whose wrath strikes down anyone who crosses his path or the path of his beloved Sparta. The "Ghost of Sparta" sets out to alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate. Kratos' journey brings him to the very edge of the Earth, facing countless beasts, monsters, and horrors from his previous life, all bent on preventing him from reaching his goal. But this is Kratos, and his defiance is filled with such arrogance and contempt that all of the Ancient World still trembles at his name: Kratos, the God of War.

KEY FEATURES:

Huge Collection of Combat Moves: Players can utilize their favourite combo attacks from GOD OF WAR along with a whole new set of moves and magic. Magic is based on nature's elements which include utilizing the power if wind, ice and much more.

New Characters: From the popular Cyclops and Cerebus to the Flying Gryphon and more, players will encounter some of the greatest Greek mythological beasts, along with more enemies and bosses.

Puzzle Solving: GOD OF WAR II features more puzzle solving, where players must solve intelligent, challenging and progressively more complicated puzzles latent with brutal elements that are intricately woven into the overarching story.

Exploration: Players will continue their previous experiences in the dark, violent world of Greek mythology and test their agility through more levels as they traverse treacherous, often brutal terrain that will range from the undiscovered Sisters of Fate to the Dark Swap and more.

Developer: SCEA /Santa Monica Studios
Genre: Action Adventure
No. of Players: 1
Platform: PlayStation®2
Peripherals: Analog Controller (DUALSHOCK®2), Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2)
Release Date: Quarter 1, 2007

1.jpg

don't remember where I saw, but I read that Kratos got to ride Pegasus and used the golden fleece. is that on the GI article?

JackBauer said:
don't remember where I saw, but I read that Kratos got to ride Pegasus and used the golden fleece. is that on the GI article?

i don't remember reading that. but it did say something about getting the (icarus?) wings, that allow him to glide, and he can now use his chains to grab onto certain grapple points and swing himself around for both combat and platforming. think prince of persia: the two thrones.

That is the official Press release.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12200

From Sony's GCD conference.

10:41 AM PDT- David Jaffe, the director behind God of War, comes out on stage.

10:43 AM PDT- A trailer clip of God of War II: Divine Retribution is shown, for the PlayStation 2. Kratos rips an eye out of a cyclops, rides a phoenix and rips its wings off, and tears apart a wild boar. Audience applaudsand Jaffe explains a bit more about the game.

Zenien said:
That is the official Press release.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12200

From Sony's GCD conference.

10:41 AM PDT- David Jaffe, the director behind God of War, comes out on stage.

10:43 AM PDT- A trailer clip of God of War II: Divine Retribution is shown, for the PlayStation 2. Kratos rips an eye out of a cyclops, rides a phoenix and rips its wings off, and tears apart a wild boar. Audience applaudsand Jaffe explains a bit more about the game.

let me be the first to say F**K YEAH!!! :up:

Mr. Credible said:
i don't remember reading that. but it did say something about getting the (icarus?) wings, that allow him to glide, and he can now use his chains to grab onto certain grapple points and swing himself around for both combat and platforming. think prince of persia: the two thrones.

yeah, I remember the thing about Icarus' wings... either one of them would be pretty damn cool. :up:

I remember expecting some swinging as I played the first one. worked well in Two Thrones, hope they make it even better here.

Gammy v.2:

I'm being serious, but how about a time-travelling Kratos just butchering people through every big historic war ever?

I really like this idea, every war could be a different level, and see how God power compares to modern weapons would be ace.

Dude the trailer I believe is shown in the Game Informer I picked one up and read the whole article and read it all and it was amazing it was like ten pages the one that I read. It had a cool two page thing where it shows the trailer that was shown to that audience and it has Kratos rip out the Cyclopse eye and then he stabs his foot into the ground and the cyclops opens his mouth in agony and Kratos shoves the eye into its open mouth and then upper cuts the thing so it closes it mouth and chokes on its own eye! I think that is amazing but what sucks is Jaffe isn't the creativity director he didn't pass the torch but he let someone else take over Kratos for this game:( However the game still looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait for the story. To bad you don't get to kill Zesus in this one:( However what did it mean by Kratos trying to change his fate? I mean are they going to have it be a Prince Of Persia where he is going to change his fate and save his wife but then Ares is still alive and Athena's city falls? I don't know this is tough but it leaves me now with some new ideas. I can't wait to do the big chariot thing in the game informer it shows the sisters of fate who has this chairot that keeps them from falling off of the edge of the earth and it seems amazing.

I CANT WAIT

p.s Has anyone seen the disney movie Hercules? Are those werid old ladies are those the sisters of fate? Also its rumored there is going to be wayyyyyyyyyy more boss battles and you have to now fight Medusa
s sister and trust me from what Barlog said she doesn't seem to happy with Krato's!

Oh and what really disappoints me is that Jaffe didn't want to put God of War 2 on the PS3 because the PS3 supposedly he said was so powerful that it makes his game look like nothing spectacular because its on a next-gen console and even the crappiest games will look gorgerous so they wanted to just stay with the PS2 because it will be easy to develop and have graphics that will blow your mind away and keep the originality the first game had. I think that was a smart move by Jaffe and it would be nice to see it on next gen but he made the right move.

Also just wanted to tell everyone who thought that it was Krato's brother on the cover of Game Informer supposedly thats a new creature that is called an IMP and supposedly you want to kill them asap because they can jump onto creatures and dig their swords into them and be able to control them to their own benefit making the fight a little unfair but whatever it doesn't matter Krato's will still own all because he is all that is man.<Super troopers

THE LIZARD#1 said:
...... creativity director he didn't pass the torch but he let someone else take over Kratos for this game:( However the game still looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait for the story. To bad you don't get to kill Zesus in this one:( ......

!

FOR A SECOND THERE, I THOUGHT THAT SAID "JESUS". :confused: :(

You can't kill a Phoenix either, but it looks like you can in the upcoming game...

kytrigger said:
You can't kill a Phoenix either, but it looks like you can in the upcoming game...

SURE YOU CAN KILL A PHOENIX. OF COURSE, JUST LIKE JESUS, IT'LL COME BACK, BETTER THAN EVER. ;)

True, but just think about how awesome a game it would be if Kratos killed all other Gods! Not just greek mythology, I'm talking Odin, Buddha, Jesus, bad place why not throw Xenu in there also :p

Yeah, Jesus could have kicked the Romans' asses so bad when he came back, but he's better than that :up:

buddy.jpg

THWIP* said:
SURE YOU CAN KILL A PHOENIX. OF COURSE, JUST LIKE JESUS, IT'LL COME BACK, BETTER THAN EVER. ;)

You're back...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"