God of War God of War: Ragnarök

Pretty underwhelmed by the trailer. Feels like a second series as opposed to a sequel. That said, the first was very good so even just more of that has value.

They are saying this is the last Norse game. Everything's gonna happen! Thor, Odin, time travel, Loki getting laid. Everything. :eek:
Wow, they’ve got a lot of ground to cover then haha. I might have preferred if they had gone with 2 games for what’s left as we’re talking some absolutely epic characters to take down.

Wow, they’ve got a lot of ground to cover then haha. I might have preferred if they had gone with 2 games for what’s left as we’re talking some absolutely epic characters to take down.
I kind of agree, but let's see what they do.

Sure the game will be good but graphics wise it looks the same has the 2018 game. When you look at this and what we have seen from Horizon forbidden west forbidden west looks way better.
Horizon Forbidden West looks significantly better than the first game yeah. The upgrade in visuals doesn’t seem as significant with God of War, but then they were starting from very different bases with GoW 2018 looking a lot better than the first Horizon game.

I was not expecting to see gameplay but holy bad place does this look awesome. I really hope this doesn't get pushed back. The wait for Spider-Man 2 in 2023 is already going to be hard enough.

It feels like even 2022 isn’t official yet. :dry:

So it looks like one of the best looking games of all time? Terrible. We should have waited 5 more years for an overhaul. :o
By the time this comes out GOW will no longer be the best looking game.

Daredevil.

Horizon Forbidden West looks significantly better than the first game yeah. The upgrade in visuals doesn’t seem as significant with God of War, but then they were starting from very different bases with GoW 2018 looking a lot better than the first Horizon game.

I disagree about the 2018 game looking much better than the first Horizon game.

By the time this comes out GOW will no longer be the best looking game.

Its already not Ghost of tushima looks way better and that's just ps4 games. On ps5 ratchet and clank looks better.

I forgot this is supposed to be finale for the Norse mythology era. Which makes me curious which mythology they are going to be used for God of War siX.

And it seems we have the same hub area. Probably with just the other realms opened, now.
Hopefully we get the 3 realms not shown in the 2018 game.

I'm guessing Svartálfaheimr is shown in the trailer. Asgard is probably saved for the final act.

The game looks good but it's a bit disappointing that this is the last Norse game. I was surprised at how much of the plot that was revealed so hopefully it's a long game and has much more to it than what they hint at here. From the small peek we got it seems like there is a good chance that the villain(s) will outshine Kratos in coolness again.

Trailer really underwhelmed me. Loki sounds like a whiney brat. I was hoping he will be in his late teens and offer something different.

I am bummed.

Trailer really underwhelmed me. Loki sounds like a whiney brat. I was hoping he will be in his late teens and offer something different.

I am bummed.
He is a teenager. teenegers are more annoying than any other age group. thats the age range when they think they know better. so hes going to whine. he still has growing up to do. it makes sense to me that he is still immature.

I forgot this is supposed to be finale for the Norse mythology era. Which makes me curious which mythology they are going to be used for God of War siX.
I'd love to see Kratos take on Egyptian gods but I also feel like that vibe would have fit the old GoW Greek mythology Kratos better than the current Norse Kratos.

I'd love to see Kratos take on Egyptian gods but I also feel like that vibe would have fit the old GoW Greek mythology Kratos better than the current Norse Kratos.
The director of the 2018 game mentioned Egyptian/Mayan mythology

God of War Series Could Go to Egyptian and Mayan Eras

I don't know which one I would prefer as I'm unfamiliar with their Gods. But if I have to pick one,I guess Mayan.

I felt this underwhelming too. It just felt like more of the same and Atreaus hasn't really changed all that much.

I absolutey loved the previous God of War game. It’s in my Top 3 games for PS4. I always loved the world of mythology and the Nordic one is so rich and fascinating and I really appreciate the influences in stuff like Lord of The Rings, Marvel, gaming…

I think that mythology greatly enhanced GOW adding a multilayered richness to the game.

Now I do agree with some previous comments that this trailer for the sequel wasn’t that great, it feels like something is missing… maybe it feels somewhat stale and not like it’s aiming to upgrade and be better, but more to continue the same trends… Hard to put my finger on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"