Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

At the earliest, with IT Chapter 2. At the latest, probably sometime in November.

It was a combination of factors:

- 5 year time gap
- General audience just not being very interested in Godzilla in general
- Endgame pretty much devouring other movies' box office
- Negative reviews and scores dissuading a lot of people from seeing it

It is saddening, but I've made peace with the fact that GvK is gonna be the last Monsterverse movie we'll get. i just hope WB doesn't get its paws into the production to make it have "more appeal to the mainstream audience" (we saw how well that worked with Justice League).

Waiting five years for the sequel and putting out Kong Skull Island first were huge mistakes. Huge.

So you've been saying over and over again. :whatever:

But given that Toho's chairman is supportive of the Monsterverse continuing post-GvK, it's all up to the box office to determine whether it'll continue or not. It's a silver lining, at least.

True, but he's associated with the company. Pretty sure that counts for something and that his word should not be ignored.

Still, like I've said before, it all depends on GvK does box-office. Unlike you, I want more of these movies to be made. Don't really know why you're still posting in this thread if all that you're going to do is repeat the same point over and over again, but freedom of speech I guess.

Saw KOTM yesterday. I liked it. Really looking forward to GvsK. However, I'm struggling to see how Kong remotely stands a chance.

Kong is younger, faster, more agile, has a tremendous reach advantage, and can make use of weapons.

Godzilla on the other hand is old, slow, has T-Rex arms, has been through some brutal wars, and is probably past his prime.

Uh, dude, you're severely underestimating Godzilla here. He's still a massive powerhouse in KOTM. Is he slow and old? Yeah, but he's not a force to be dealt with easily. You're making it seem like Kong is gonna whoop his a** 100% of the time, and that's just plain laughable (not to mention stupid since it take away from the enjoyment of the fights if they're all one-sided).

I have no doubt Kong will be a formidable force (and he's obviously gonna win, 'cause Hollywood loves underdogs), but he's not going to absolutely pummel Godzilla in every fight sans maybe the last one.

Never said he's gonna "whoop his a** 100% of the time", but he is gonna whoop his a** overall. Godzilla's weaknesses lines up against Kong's strengths perfectly. Kong is fast, Zilla is slow, Kong is agile, Zilla is lumbering, Kong has a long reach, Zilla has extremely short arms.

Where Zilla has the advantage is with his atomic breath, and his sheer mass. If Godzilla can somehow close the distance, and fight in the proverbial 'phone booth', he can wreck Kong.

We still have to see what Kong is like in GvK first, which will be interesting. He was only a teenager in Skull Island.

Have they mentioned if there will be a clear winner or will this be like all the other vs movies.

Adam Wingard confirmed there would be a clear winner, yeah.

Hopefully, controversy be damned. It seems to always in a tie or one battle is won by each.

Good. Don't worry about pissing off a group of fans, be decisive for once. That's the point of a fight and you should deliver.

I'm expecting Godzilla to be the clear winner but am rooting for King Kong! I love Godzilla and all but just more into the king of Skull Island

Having watched King of the Monsters again last night, I'm kind of wondering just where they can go after Kong vs Godzilla; is Kong (going to be) considered another Alpha Monster in this film; or just a Beta who thinks he's got what it takes?

All the other Monsters in the latest film were Betas, and it was explicitly stated that only Godzilla and Ghidorah were the Alphas. What can we summarise will be the cause for Kong to try and take on/out Godzilla? And then, what's next? Ghidorah, Kong and some sort of Mecha-creature (likely featuring in Kong vs Zilla) are the main enemies here, so unless they're going to kill Godzilla and focus on Kong, or introduce an entirely new concept, I'm at a loss as to who's next - at least who's left around to pose a significant enough threat...

I believe it. The first (non-Comic Con) trailer for Kong: Skull Island dropped in November 2016. Since GvK also has a March release date, I'd imagine they'd stick to a similar marketing pattern.

You’d think with a release date in March, we’d get a full trailer in November, not just a short teaser.

Bit of a strange choice, but probably done it to humanise Kong would imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"