Godzilla vs Kong (2020)

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Marvel Spider, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Pennywise Registered

'Bloodshot' Star Eiza Gonzalez on Her Loyalty to Vin Diesel and Catwoman Heartbreak

KaijuDude1992 and Enriquespy like this.
  2. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I don't think we would see it this year, as Wb would need to delay a lot of their summer movies because of the pandemic and that will affect Gvk's november target release.

3. Loden Greatstorm Jedi Master

March 21 is my prediction.

4. TheVileOne Registered

I'm glad she wasn't cast as Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, she's gorgeous, but I mean...did anyone see Bloodshot?

5. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Lol I thought she was the best thing about Bloodshot honestly which I know isn't saying much, because the movie just isn't very good overall, but I found her character to be hell of a lot more interesting and likable than anything having to do Vin Diesel who is the main character of the movie. I didn't even know she auditioned for Catwoman, but I would have loved to see what she would have brought to the role. Sure she's hot, but I also think she is a pretty talented actress outside of her looks. She was great in Baby Driver as well.

6. Loden Greatstorm Jedi Master

I'm still trying to work out if Kong has a beard :funny:

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  7. Joefixit Registered

He does.. At least that’s how it appears on the figures..

On a side note : I’m loosing faith in this movie.. It seems like the fans were not pleased with a team up and wanted to see Kong beaten and it appears the director is just out to oblige them.. I’m not interested in seeing that, so I’m probably going to skip this one.

-VisionsVision- likes this.
  8. -JKR- Registered

Have you seen the movie? Lol

9. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I did and she was fine in a crappy role. The best thing about that awful film.

10. flickchick85 Admin of Might

She wasn't my fave for Catwoman or anything, but I thought she was fine in Bloodshot.

AVEITWITHJAMON and -JKR- like this.
  11. StarLord < < < < < < <

I doubt the humans will be anything special in this one either.

12. -JKR- Registered

I liked the humans in Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

a user, KaijuDude1992 and Sithborg like this.
  13. Loden Greatstorm Jedi Master

Speaking of Bloodshot, is it worth purchasing on digital?

14. -JKR- Registered

It's a rental at best in my opinion. Not as bad as people make it out to be, more on the mediocre side, and not something I would would necessarily have to own. But I would probably rewatch it some day.

15. TheVileOne Registered

Not really saying a whole lot.

KaijuDude1992 and StarLord like this.
  16. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I mean, we know the third monster of the movie. Kong and Godzilla are going to fight, yes. But I highly doubt that is the ultimate climax.

17. Joefixit Registered

It’s okay, like someone said, I would rent it first.

-VisionsVision- likes this.
  18. Joefixit Registered

Nah, but pretty much whenever I’ve read ridiculous things on reddit they have turned out to be true.. so.. yeah..

19. Joefixit Registered

From what I understand it’s a Hong Kong climax in the lights at night.. At least that’s what was reported from someone who claimed to be at a test screening.. I’m just a Kong Fan.. Always have been.. 1933 Kong introduced me to sci-fi .. 1954 Godzilla owes its existence to Kong.. I love both Kong and Godzilla, but I will not be in attendance to watch Kong get humiliated on screen.. Had enough of that watching Hulk humiliated in infinity war.. and Luke in last Jedi.. smh.. Not watching another one of my childhood favorites disrespected on screen.

20. ironwez20 Registered

Nah Godzilla owes its existence to nuke testing not to kong. He won in the first movie and Godzilla is stronger so of course he’ll lose easily if that happens. Plus godzilla is just the more popular monster

21. SkullDevil The White Portuguese

You're making a lot of assumptions for a movie you haven't seen yet.

Schlosser85 likes this.
  22. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

It was Kong who killed those people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki :o

SkullDevil likes this.
  23. Joefixit Registered

You’re right, he is a metaphor for that, but was also inspired by the 1933 Kong. I remember reading when I was a kid that Godzilla’s name literally translates to Gorilla and Whale. As I understand it , it was supposed to be Kong vs Frankenstein before they subbed Godzilla into the film..

Godzilla is more powerful, but Kong is the original. A lot of special effects people and creature feature fans were inspired by that film including Godzilla creators.. From what I understood they also were inspired by the beast from 20,000 fathoms .

Again, I have just had enough of studios taking liberties with beloved characters.. I don’t need to see the film to know where it’s going. Just like I didn’t need to see endgame or Rise of Skywalker . And didn’t bother to see Bruce Lee disrespected in Once Upon a time in Hollywood. These studios have every right to make these movies and not take into account a characters fan base, but I as the consumer have every right to not spend my money or waste my time watching venerable characters reduced to jobbers on film just to put over the more popular character at the time.

Tragic Monsters: King Kong's Influence on Godzilla - ComicsVerse

#1274 Joefixit, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  24. Joefixit Registered

Kong Skull Island was great in my eyes!! I loved that film.. I also enjoyed King of monsters. I think that’s as good a place as any to get off before it spirals down hill. If I had known in the past what I know now, I would have stopped watching Marvel after the 1st Avengers.. That was a good depiction of the Hulk (even though I didn’t like the walking on knuckles thing) and not even bothered with Force Awakens( Which I thought was okay at the time.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.