Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: In a movie move that portends a clash of giant monsters, Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull is moving his untitled Skull Island King Kong film to Warner Bros. This is being done to unite the property with Legendary’s other giant franchise, Godzilla. In what would be a pretty epic pairing, the Godzilla sequel that is in the works will be followed by a movie that pits the giant ape versus the giant fire breathing reptile. I’m told this is happening very quickly with moves going all the way to Japan, where Godzilla rights holder Toho is based. Legendary, which moved from Warner Bros to Universal, had developed the Skull Island film at the latter studio. It is unclear at the moment what Universal’s position will be, but I heard the studio move is being done because it is just easier to have all the pieces under one roof, something that Marvel Studios has done with superheroes like The Hulk. King Kong is in the public domain, while Legendary got the Godzilla rights from Toho.

The Kong: Skull Island film is casting quickly. Brie Larson, Tom Hiddleston and Corey Hawkins are set and last I wrote about it, Samuel L. Jackson was in line to star, with Tom Wilkinson also offered a big role and John C. Reilly atop the list for another main role. Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing a script by John Gatins and Max Borenstein, and they are eyeing a production start of late year or early 2016. Universal had been set to release the film March 10, 2017, with a Imax 3D a big part of the release plan. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produce with Mary Parent, with Alex Garcia and Eric McLeod exec producing. I’ll let you know how this one sorts itself, but I hear it’s happening.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/king-kong-godzilla-legendary-monster-movie-warner-bros-1201521004/

Yea except King Kong is the size of a large theropod dinosaur while Godzilla is over 100 meters in height... -_-

**** yo' science. We gonna see Kong vs. Godzilla!!!!!

So I guess this Kong will be 4x the size of the last one?

JmBkN.gif

Awesome news. I'm all for having those two icons duke it out again!

THR are reporting it now as well.

'Kong: Skull Island' to Move to Warner Bros. for Planned Monster Movie Universe http://thr.cm/pJyqbH

A Monster Universe is coming together.

Talks are underway between Legendary Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Universal to move Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island from Universal to Warner Bros., sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

The end game: to be able to combine classic screen monsters King Kong and Godzilla into one cinematic universe.
Godzilla was made by Legendary with Warner Bros and grossed around $200 million. A sequel is in active development with an eye for a 2018 release.

At the same time, Legendary is making Skull Island, a King Kong movie that is just weeks away from shooting and will star Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson, among others.

When it became clear that all roads led to an eventual crossover with a series of movies on these so-called super species, talks began to move Skull Island. The dealmaking isn’t as complicated as one would think: Universal has no financial stake and was only to distribute the movie.

Yeaaaah.......no.

Werid that the new Kong movie doesn't have an official title yet..apparently.

Kong: Skull Island is fine...though why not just call it 'Kong of Skull Island' or 'King Kong of Skull Island'?

JmBkN.gif

Awesome news. I'm all for having those two icons duke it out again!

Happy-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

I agree. Excited to see these two battle. I've been excited for this new Kong film. And I seem to be one of the only people who loved the new Godzilla. So this is also awesome news to me :word:

It is such a waste for Godzilla to fight King Kong instead of his own monsters like Destroyah or Gigan in Godzilla 3. :facepalm:

And how would this even be a fair fight? Kong would tear Legendary Godzilla apart if he were 355 ft..

Last edited:
Liked but didn't love the last G film. I do see what some had problems with it though. I still think it's solid, but I admit I get why it was divisive.

It is such a waste for Godzilla to fight King Kong instead of his own monsters like Destroyah or Gigan in Godzilla 3. :facepalm:

And how would this even be a fair fight? Kong would tear Legendary Godzilla apart if he were 355 ft..

They've already said Zilla is gonna be fighting his own monsters in his upcoming sequels so.

This comes out so soon after the announcement of a new mystery Nolan movie? Clearly this means Nolan's doing King Kong vs Godzilla. :o

One of my favorite sites, slash film.com, still doesn't have this posted. Not to rant, but I've noticed for the past few months that they're so slow with some news bits; sometimes certain articles don't get posted till the day after they're announced by the trades.

This comes out so soon after the announcement of a new mystery Nolan movie? Clearly this means Nolan's doing King Kong vs Godzilla. :o
Nice! I can't wait to see the practical effects for Gee and Kay! :o

Will Pacific Rim be a part of this new monster universe?

Latino-Review Rumor:
'Pacific Rim: Maelstrom' Delayed
Kellvin Chavez said:
Originally slated to shoot in Toronto in November of this year, we're now being told that the production for "Pacific Rim: Maelstrom" has been delayed until 2016--what month specifically, we don't know. The reason for the delay is also unknown at this time, but there's a good chance this will negatively affect the release date, which is currently set for August 4, 2017.

I have reached out to Legendary Pictures for a comment and they were not allowed to speak about it at the moment.

io9:
Guillermo Del Toro Wants Pacific Rim 3 to Have Godzilla as a Guest Star
Katharine Trendacosta said:
Speaking with Movie Pilot, Del Toro said:

So far with the sequel, what we’re writing, what we’re creating, is very different, so there are no plans. Hypothetically, I would love the **** out of it. I would love to see a jaeger and Godzilla duke it out. That would be too much for the human brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"