The Dark Knight Going to the PHILLY show...

Are they only showing this at KOP, or will the Franklin Institute IMAX theater also have the prologue?

I hope someone captures it on video camera and uploads it to youtube.

King of Prussia's a little too far for me I'm afraid...

Are they only showing this at KOP, or will the Franklin Institute IMAX theater also have the prologue?

Does the Franklin institute one show real movies, or just science stuff? I never went for anything but school trips.

PS. Eagles fans, there is still room on the cowboys bandwagon. get on now, before the playoffs start.

So when is everyone thinking of going?

hmm... i wonder if those print out were our tickets or if we have to present them to get our tickets...oh well. i'm going to be hanging out at the mall all day anyway. i figure the imax opens at 12, so i'll head over there around that time and see what up.

Like I said earlier, I will be there sometime after 4. Have to stay at work as close to 5 as I can.

And the Franklin Institute IMAX plays movies occasionally. I know Superman Returns played there.

There IMAX is really different than the United Artist one. Its tightly packed and you have to strain your neck.

I doubt anyone would record it, security was tight at WW wasn't it?

Only in Philly would us Batfans start arguing about Eagles vs. Dallas in the middle of the prologue.

I was thinking about going, I even printed up the passes, but King of Prussia is still like an hour away from me. I'm still holding out hope that somehow the prologue is released online or officially or something like that. (I know, let me dream.)

They have one IMAX theater. I go to this place anytime I see a movie.

I will be leaving work around 4, so I should be there by 4:30.

Oh, and I am BILLS fan :dry: in PA. Never was and Eagles fan.
a fellow MSTee from Philly, sweet!

holy crap you guys, what do you think!?!?

I really wish I was going, King of Prussia mall is only 20 minutes away from my college, no one wants to go with me, and I hate driving to places I have never been to. I'll regret it in the long run. pulling for the bootleg though.

i highly doubt it will be leaked, there were ninjas! And my god th last secound with the music in IMAX was just incredible!

It was simply amazing. The slow zoom in on the Joker standing by the curb, waiting for the van, holding his mask, gave me chills. The whole thing was so tight and fast paced, it was a rush. And the quick montage of clips that followed was great (finally got to see that scene of the Joker walking down the street shooting a machine gun that I had heard so much about).

When it ended, there was silence in the audience. I thought at first that no one liked it (in which case they'd be nuts), but I think everyone was just stunned. Now I just hate having to wait till July...

Does the Franklin institute one show real movies, or just science stuff? I never went for anything but school trips.

The Franklin Institute IMAX showed SUPERMAN RETURNS, and also one of the Harry Potter flicks.

wow, that was wicked awesome! i was a little worried that we would get jipped with just an 8 min clip for all our hard work, but that was the coolest thing i've seen all year. Props to the guy who dressed up in full joker attire. * laughs * we all clapped for him when he entered the theater :) it was cool

I went to the show in king of prussia, it was crazy. The security was pretty intense, I saw a guy get his backpack taken off of him. I saw the guy dressed as the joker too, but I was underwhelmed by the costume.

The security was definitely tight. I saw the one security guard (the one who gave the speech about taping this being a federal offense) using some kind of night vision binoculars just as the preview started. Preview was just...amazing. I had to go back to work afterwards (what can I say; my boss is pretty cool and let me slip out for a few hours), and spent the rest of the night retelling the prologue to everyone.

indiegirl,that's a great signature.

did anyone notice the 4 people that walked in and were so freaking loud!?!?!

Props to the guy who dressed up in full joker attire. * laughs * we all clapped for him when he entered the theater :) it was cool
Thanks, a whole IMAX theater worth of applause is fairly flattering. I was surprised I was the only one though. I thought more people would hop on the whole "Smiles Optional" thing.

I saw the guy dressed as the joker too, but I was underwhelmed by the costume.
I wasn't going for Joker really, just henchman. If I could find a purple suit and fake nose maybe...

Anyway, hello board.

Thanks, a whole IMAX theater worth of applause is fairly flattering. I was surprised I was the only one though. I thought more people would hop on the whole "Smiles Optional" thing.

I wasn't going for Joker really, just henchman. If I could find a purple suit and fake nose maybe...

Anyway, hello board.

It seemed like when you walked in, you had a "damn, im the only one" look lol

how did you think of the footage anyway?

Some of the best six minutes of cinematography is what I think. I thought they captured Joker perfectly, he had that certain spring in his step, y'know? Though I can't believe they would tempt me with only six minutes of footage after an hour long drive for a movie that doesn't come out for months. Still, no regrets, it was wonderful and I have high hopes.

Favorite moments:
"Yeah funny, boss told me something similar."
"No-wait WAIT N-!"

"No no no, I kill the bus driver."
"Bus driver?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"