Good/great films that aren't rewatchable

First, this is a great idea for a thread, as I've often said " wow! That was a great movie....but I'm never seeing it again!"

Some that come to mind:

Logan
Schindlers List
Se7en
The sixth sense
Interstellar ( but I love rewatching other Nolan films, Begins, TDK and Inception I've seen many many many times).

The Godfather films I watch every 5 years or so.
Give me some time and I'll come up with more.
Oh wait ! Leaving Las Vegas ! A Beautiful Mind...
Se7en messed me up.

If, at any point in a movie, Morgan Freeman says "we're not gonna have a happy ending with this one", get up, walk out, and never look back.

Se7en messed me up.

If, at any point in a movie, Morgan Freeman says "we're not gonna have a happy ending with this one", get up, walk out, and never look back.

Ah you bring a good point. Se7en is a rewatchable film for me but because I love the atmosphere of it. It is raining like most of the film and it's all dark and wet and I'll watch anything with lots of rain.
I often rewatch films that achieve that sense of "oh I like being here". I know the theme of the film is terrible, but atmosphere and a sense of time and place is a rewarding thing for myself.

First, this is a great idea for a thread, as I've often said " wow! That was a great movie....but I'm never seeing it again!"

Some that come to mind:

Logan

Schindlers List

Se7en

The sixth sense

Interstellar ( but I love rewatching other Nolan films, Begins, TDK and Inception I've seen many many many times).

The Godfather films I watch every 5 years or so.

Give me some time and I'll come up with more.

Schindler's List is rewatchable to me, but I have no desire to rewatch Logan.

Some recent ones for me

Logan
Wind River

Schindlers List

I am surprised at that. For me i CAN rewatch it, but only once every 2-3 years, cause of how depressing the film is for most of it.

I did too MANY rewatches of it, during the first 5 years it was out, so got burned out on it..

The sixth sense

Never really liked this one.

Leaving las vegas i think i've seen maybe once all the way through. DOn't ever remember seeing a beautiful mind.

Ah you bring a good point. Se7en is a rewatchable film for me but because I love the atmosphere of it. It is raining like most of the film and it's all dark and wet and I'll watch anything with lots of rain.

Did you ever watch Morgan in "HARD RAIN"?? With Christian slater.??

I think The Sixth Sense does/can hold up pretty well, a big part of what makes it good isn't the ending but that it both isn't and is a horror film.

Reactions: CJ
It is a masterpiece of set design imo.. Plotline could have done with a little more work, but the acting was great.

Reactions: CJ
Unbreakable is a modern masterpiece considering that it became before the whole superhero genre boom of recent years and it still holds up, it does something no other superhero movie could so far.

Memento demands rewatches. I don't think it completely makes sense but at least keeps you interested in who is lying, who is telling the truth, etc.

Have you ever watched the chronological cut of Memento ? It's a hidden extra on the R2 DVD (don't know about other regions). It's an interesting exercise although it completely removes any mystery, as we know things that Leonard doesn't.

Unbreakable is a modern masterpiece considering that it became before the whole superhero genre boom of recent years and it still holds up, it does something no other superhero movie could so far.

And iirc, there is a sequel in the works!!

La La Land. Its a great movie, but for me personally it reminded too much of a relationship I had with a woman in my 20s. I could never watch that movie again, too emotionally taxing.

Logan
Watchmen

I enjoyed these movies though have no plan to watch them again.

Watchmen was definitely a chore to get through.

People may look at me crazy but Rashomon was too.

Requiem for a Dream
Logan
Good Night and Good Luck

Cabin in the Woods; I've seen it several times, but the suspense and reveal just don't have the same effect when you know what's coming.

Cabin in the Woods; I've seen it several times, but the suspense and reveal just don't have the same effect when you know what's coming.

It's not that good first time round, given the entire film is spoilt in the opening shot of the film and the trailer hardly goes out of it's way to conceal it either. Such a frustrating film to watch. Can't abide it.

Logan
2001: A Space Odyssey
Road to Perdition
Sorry to Bother You
City of God

Logan
Arrival
Boyhood
Hereditary (a recent one)
No Country for Old Men
Under the Skin
Black Swan
The Revenant
Sicario
Moonlight
All of the Lord of the Rings Movies
The Departed
Dallas Buyers Club

Pan’s Labyrinth and Logan spring to mind.

Logan
Arrival
Boyhood
Hereditary (a recent one)
No Country for Old Men
Under the Skin
Black Swan
The Revenant
Sicario
Moonlight
All of the Lord of the Rings Movies
The Departed
Dallas Buyers Club

I'd agree with almost all that, except LOTR, I rewatch that whole trilogy every year or two ( extended versions even !)

Now that I watched the Usual Suspects fairly recently, I think I should add it.

Watchmen was definitely a chore to get through.

People may look at me crazy but Rashomon was too.

I'm watching Watchmen right now, it feels like it's been going on for sooooo long. There was pretty nothing else I wanted to watch on tv, and this was on and I decided I'll just put that on. I'm kinda liking it. I'm just not as invested in it, cause I don't know those characters that well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"