2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
[YT]AVyGCxHZ_Ko[/YT]

A bank robber finds himself unable to evade those who are looking for him

19424517_10155482228276617_1520924758989793981_n.jpg

[YT]upsR80YmwWc[/YT]

Looking forward to it!

My review

Might be my favorite thriller of the year. It's about two brothers who go into a heist which went horribly wrong which leads to non-stop chase and rescue. It's a drama that has situational comedy with real consequences and yet it's gritty and grimy the entire time. Robert Pattinson is at his best here who completely dove into this character. He was almost unrecognizable and Ben Safdie was also really great. The side characters also felt incredibly real. Visually, it's like a constant battle between raw handheld film making and ultraviolet style and flare. Also with certain shots, they were able to capture what it looks like when you're watching the show Cops (which they referenced in the movie). The synth score is one of the major highlights for me. It's pretty much reminiscent of old John Carpenter and Giorgio Moroder's soundtracks. Overall, it's pretty damn good and i'd put it side by side with something like Nightcrawler.
9.5/10

Long story short, if you guys loved Nightcrawler, you're gonna love this.

Last edited:
I've been listening to the soundtrack all day yesterday. It's so good. :hmr:

The DT crew have been hyping this up for me. Will probably check it out next week.

Yeah, this was freaking relentless. What a ride.

Amazing film, probably one of my favourite films from last year.

Hell yes I absolutely loved Good Time and I'm completely down for anything else these guys do. I can't wait to see what they do with Sandler in this, but I'm expecting great things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"